Do Americans know what a PASSING LANE is?

Old April 24th 10, 01:43 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.scooter
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit[_2_]

Default Do Americans know what a PASSING LANE is?

On Apr 23, 3:14 pm, "Auric Hellman" wrote:
While they are naturally excellent soldiers, Germans tend to be peaceful,
compassionate people. The lessons of blindly following orders has been
learned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...02/German-troo...

German soldiers are wearing their hearts on their sleeves - in the form of a
badge that protests their country's involvement in the war in Afghanistan.

Some troops have taken to wearing the cloth accessory that states -
ironically - 'I fight for Merkel' in a bid to persuade the German Chancellor
Angela Merkel to explain exactly what they are fighting and dying for.

Four more troops were killed, and five badly injured, in Afghanistan last
week.

Seven soldiers have died there so far this month, bringing the total to 43
in all since they were first deployed eight years ago.

Unable to engage the Taliban directly on the ground, frustrated by their
government's inability to acknowledge they are even engaged in a war and
angered by the lack of popular support for their mission, the badges are a
low-key mutiny that has sent shock waves through the top brass of the
Bundeswehr.

--
Dr. Auric D. Hellman

They are said to be fighting for "democracy," though someone corrected
me the other day that America is NOT a democracy, so we are still
ruled by the law of the jungle...

Maybe they are fighting for GLOBALIZATION!

"WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE"

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

Old April 24th 10, 03:38 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.scooter
Rick[_12_]

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:48:04 -0700, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Apr 21, 1:33Â*pm, "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-****"
wrote:
On Apr 21, 1:01Â*pm, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Apr 20, 4:40Â*pm, "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-****"

wrote:
I think our roads show the dangers of RIGHT WING LIBERTARIANISM,
where the big fish rules.

You fundamentally fail to realize that the big fish rules not just
the roads,
but every aspect of life. Â*Become a big fish or be eaten.

I don't fail to realize it, I just say that it is a contradiction with
democracy.

In democracy the little fish would be eating the big fish, or at least
keep them in a seaquarium with the killer whales.

America isn't a democracy; it is a republic. Perhaps you should learn
the distinction.

The US is a representative democracy, or at least it is supposed to be.

Oh, and you should also learn to distinguish between wishful thinking
and reality.

--
Rick
Old April 24th 10, 03:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.scooter
Rick[_12_]

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:59:42 -0700, Bob wrote:

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:14:47 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey,
the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-****" wrote:

|NO PLACE TO RIDE A BIKE!? PATHETIC, SHAMEFUL ANTI-DEMOCRATIC!!!

That is the biggest factor that rots the city concept.....taking

the
commute/transit/bus is the best, but it doesn't go everywhere and all
that.

I drive a Yamaha Majesty when I scoot, but I don;t find it fun

WHy don't you find it fun? I have an Xciting 500. I use it as my day to
day transportation, and enjoy it very much. The Harley guys are even
strting to wave :-)

Of course, much of my ride is right beside the Intra-Coastal and an old
historical district.

like the rice rocket burners, who are giving some of us a bad rep.

Peddle/electrics are good way for very local commute, but not
everyone lives in downtown New York or any congested city.

Bob

--
Rick
Old April 24th 10, 05:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.scooter

On Apr 21, 1:33*pm, "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-****"
wrote:
On Apr 21, 1:01*pm, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Apr 20, 4:40*pm, "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-****"

wrote:
I think our roads show the dangers of RIGHT WING LIBERTARIANISM,
where the big fish rules.

You fundamentally fail to realize that the big fish rules not just
the roads,
but every aspect of life. *Become a big fish or be eaten.

I don't fail to realize it, I just say that it is a contradiction with
democracy.

In democracy the little fish would be eating the big fish, or at least
keep them in a seaquarium with the killer whales.

America isn't a democracy; it is a republic. *Perhaps you should learn
the distinction.

The US is a representative democracy, or at least it is supposed to be.

Oh, and you should also learn to distinguish between wishful thinking
and reality.

--
Rick

And China is a People's Republic and every country has some sort of
democratic, colorful elections.

The problem is the representatives become a class in itself, where
they develop more loyalty to the their own survival in the political
jungle, than to the electorate that seems to be betrayed every time.
Half the people even bother, so a quarter of committed citizens vote
over issues that have little to do with the environment or alternative
transportation.

But some countries seem to be doing much better at that game in favor
of the little fish, so we are still waiting for a miracle.

Old April 24th 10, 05:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.scooter

On Apr 24, 10:41*am, Rick wrote:
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:59:42 -0700, Bob wrote:
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:14:47 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey,
the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-****" wrote:

|NO PLACE TO RIDE A BIKE!? PATHETIC, SHAMEFUL ANTI-DEMOCRATIC!!!

* *That is the biggest factor that rots the city concept.....taking

the
commute/transit/bus is the best, but it doesn't go everywhere and all
that.

I drive a Yamaha Majesty when I scoot, but I don;t find it fun

WHy don't you find it fun? I have an Xciting 500. I use it as my day to
day transportation, and enjoy it very much. The Harley guys are even
strting to wave :-)

Of course, much of my ride is right beside the Intra-Coastal and an old
historical district.

like the rice rocket burners, who are giving some of us a bad rep.

* *Peddle/electrics are good way for very local commute, but not
everyone lives in downtown New York or any congested city.

Bob

--
Rick

The scooters are the must fun machines ever created. My last one was a
Chinese made 150cc, and I had a blast on it. I also owned a 150cc dirt
bike and it was awesome. Next one will be something bigger.
Old April 24th 10, 05:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.scooter
Rick[_12_]

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 09:07:03 -0700, TibetanMonkey,

On Apr 24, 10:41Â*am, Rick wrote:
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:59:42 -0700, Bob wrote:
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:14:47 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey,
the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-****" wrote:

|NO PLACE TO RIDE A BIKE!? PATHETIC, SHAMEFUL ANTI-DEMOCRATIC!!!

Â* Â*That is the biggest factor that rots the city concept.....taking

the
commute/transit/bus is the best, but it doesn't go everywhere and all
that.

I drive a Yamaha Majesty when I scoot, but I don;t find it fun

WHy don't you find it fun? I have an Xciting 500. I use it as my day to
day transportation, and enjoy it very much. The Harley guys are even
strting to wave :-)

Of course, much of my ride is right beside the Intra-Coastal and an old
historical district.

like the rice rocket burners, who are giving some of us a bad rep.

Â* Â*Peddle/electrics are good way for very local commute, but not
everyone lives in downtown New York or any congested city.

Bob

--
Rick

The scooters are the must fun machines ever created. My last one was a
Chinese made 150cc, and I had a blast on it. I also owned a 150cc dirt
bike and it was awesome. Next one will be something bigger.

I bought a Fly 150 last July 3rd to see if I wanted to do the 2-wheel
riding thing again. A over 240lb, it was a little small, so I traded up
to a Scarabeo 250 and rode it for a few months, and found I still liked
riding, so I got the X500 in February. I'd forgotten what what riding in
20 degree weather was like :-)

--
Rick
Old April 24th 10, 05:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.scooter
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit[_2_]

On Apr 24, 3:12 am, "Jim Warman" wrote:
What appears to be happening is that you bought a dog.... and now you are
taking it out on everyone else.

Toyota doesn't read these news groups.... 90% of the buying public doesn't
read these news groups. Yet you continue to assail us with diatribe after
diatribe - knowing full weel that, if any one of us finds out where you
live, you will have something similar to a burning bag of dog **** on your
front stoop - feel free to stomp out the flames.

I imagine that you test drove one car... found it to your liking and then
said... "I'll take that one over there".

Rule number one... do NOT test drive one car and buy a different one based
on that test drive. Mass produced cars have personalities and, just because
youliked everything about the green one except the colour, doesn't mean you
will like anything about the red one.

And, since you made such a foolish mistake, you are now proving to the rest
of us that you are a dyed in the wool idiot... over and over.

Toyota has your money.... for some reason that appears to be our fault...

All I got to do is keep one idiot from buying Toyota and they will pay
by the Laws of Karma.

Besides my wisdom is spread out toward other issues useful to Toyota
and non Toyota owners.

Did you know we have a lot to gain by abandoning the Darwinistic
approach (law of the jungle) on our roads? Drivers of little smart
cars, scooters, cyclists --even pedestrians-- should appreciate that.