Does anyone ?

Old January 2nd 12, 02:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
75yrs.experience

Default Does anyone ?

Does anyone up here ever actually discuss recumbent bicycles.???

Old January 2nd 12, 11:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
75yrs.experience

Phil W Lee wrote:
"75yrs.experience" considered Sun, 01 Jan
2012 20:23:55 -0500 the perfect time to write:

Does anyone up here ever actually discuss recumbent bicycles.???

I'd love it people did, but discussion seems to have mostly migrated
to web fora.

I know, it would be refreshing if people stuck to the topic at hand.

Instead we have to put with egotistical ramblings from porch monkey,
and his four equally uninformed friends.....
Old January 4th 12, 12:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
ATP

"75yrs.experience" wrote in message
g.com...
Phil W Lee wrote:
"75yrs.experience" considered Sun, 01 Jan
2012 20:23:55 -0500 the perfect time to write:

Does anyone up here ever actually discuss recumbent bicycles.???

I'd love it people did, but discussion seems to have mostly migrated
to web fora.

I know, it would be refreshing if people stuck to the topic at hand.

Instead we have to put with egotistical ramblings from porch monkey,
and his four equally uninformed friends.....

Well, start talking about recumbents if that's what you came here for.

Old January 8th 12, 08:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom $herman (-_-)

On 1/1/2012 7:23 PM, 75yrs.experience wrote:
Does anyone up here ever actually discuss recumbent bicycles.???

In the last decade of the 20th Century, it was a common occurrence.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!
Old January 15th 12, 04:38 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Handel Barz

On Jan 8, 2:01*am, "Tom $herman (-_-)" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 1/1/2012 7:23 PM, 75yrs.experience wrote: Does anyone up here ever actually discuss recumbent bicycles.???

In the last decade of the 20th Century, it was a common occurrence.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!

I lost my interest in recumbents as they're totally out of my
afforability range. I don't think I've seen a recumbent in my area in
over three years now. I like to discuss mechanical areas on bicycles
and this group used to be good for "ideas" and new trends on cycling.
Maybe what we need is a way to make cheaper recumbents or "how to
build your own" discussions. i.e.: "why do "store bought" recumbents
have to be sooooo expensive?"
Old January 15th 12, 11:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
75yrs.experience

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 1/1/2012 7:23 PM, 75yrs.experience wrote: Does anyone up here ever actually discuss recumbent bicycles.???

In the last decade of the 20th Century, it was a common occurrence.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!

I lost my interest in recumbents as they're totally out of my
afforability range. I don't think I've seen a recumbent in my area in
over three years now. I like to discuss mechanical areas on bicycles
and this group used to be good for "ideas" and new trends on cycling.
Maybe what we need is a way to make cheaper recumbents or "how to
build your own" discussions. i.e.: "why do "store bought" recumbents
have to be sooooo expensive?"

I only find new ones at high end dealers expensive. In the Tampa area I
have found numerous used ones for $300.00. I bought a Sun clone for
$175.00 it has a 12 speed system. In the dealers the prices start at
$1000.00

--
Theology is an attempt to explain a subject by
men who do not understand it. The intent is not
Old January 15th 12, 11:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
75yrs.experience

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 1/1/2012 7:23 PM, 75yrs.experience wrote: Does anyone up here ever actually discuss recumbent bicycles.???

In the last decade of the 20th Century, it was a common occurrence.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!

I lost my interest in recumbents as they're totally out of my
afforability range. I don't think I've seen a recumbent in my area in
over three years now. I like to discuss mechanical areas on bicycles
and this group used to be good for "ideas" and new trends on cycling.
Maybe what we need is a way to make cheaper recumbents or "how to
build your own" discussions. i.e.: "why do "store bought" recumbents
have to be sooooo expensive?"

If you Google "hot to build a recumbent bicycle" you will find quite a
few sites are out there...

Old January 27th 12, 10:28 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Peter Clinch

On 15/01/12 15:38, Handel Barz wrote:
On Jan 8, 2:01 am, "Tom $herman (-_-)"""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

I lost my interest in recumbents as they're totally out of my
afforability range.

That was the entry-bar for me... until I came across an ex-dem second
hand one for £250. They don't /all/ cost a fortune and you don't have
to buy them new.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK