Exercise + Caffeine Reduces Skin Cancer

Old April 4th 12, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_2_]

Default Exercise + Caffeine Reduces Skin Cancer

http://www.newswise.com/articles/caf...y-sun-exposure

Make me feel better about cycling in the desert sun.

Bret Cahill

Old April 4th 12, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Apr 4, 5:05*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
http://www.newswise.com/articles/caf...may-be-protect...

Make me feel better about cycling in the desert sun.

Bret Cahill

Chance would be a fine thing here in Yorkshire - it was snowing and I
pedalled into a 45 mph headwind directly off the North Sea on the way
to work today.

--
Simon Mason
Old April 4th 12, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_2_]

http://www.newswise.com/articles/caf...may-be-protect...

Make me feel better about cycling in the desert sun.

Bret Cahill

Chance would be a fine thing here in Yorkshire - it was snowing and I
pedalled into a 45 mph headwind directly off the North Sea on the way
to work today.

Sounds more fun than malignant melanomas. I knew one fair skinned guy
who was dying of skin cancer. His entire extended family had moved to
Arizona. One day he started pointing out the ones who had died of
cancer in a group photograph. It was about half.

New labeling is required to sell the UV block suntan lotion.
Apparently the stuff that blocked the burning didn't necessarily
prevent skin cancer.

Bret Cahill

Old April 4th 12, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Apr 4, 5:41*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Apr 4, 5:05*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:

http://www.newswise.com/articles/caf...may-be-protect...

Make me feel better about cycling in the desert sun.

Bret Cahill

Chance would be a fine thing here in Yorkshire - it was snowing and I
pedalled into a 45 mph headwind directly off the North Sea on the way
to work today.

--
Simon Mason

How did your legs hold out?
Old April 4th 12, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Apr 4, 8:26*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
http://www.newswise.com/articles/caf...may-be-protect....

Make me feel better about cycling in the desert sun.

Bret Cahill

Chance would be a fine thing here in Yorkshire - it was snowing and I
pedalled into a 45 mph headwind directly off the North Sea on the way
to work today.

Sounds more fun than malignant melanomas. *I knew one fair skinned guy
who was dying of skin cancer. *His entire extended family had moved to
Arizona. *One day he started pointing out the ones who had died of
cancer in a group photograph. *It was about half.

New labeling is required to sell the UV block suntan lotion.
Apparently the stuff that blocked the burning didn't necessarily
prevent skin cancer.

I used UV tan lotion three times. I didn't like it, I didn't feel
right after using it. It always seemed best to me to develop a winter
tan and I never burnt.

Old April 5th 12, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Apr 4, 10:39*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On Apr 4, 5:41*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

On Apr 4, 5:05*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:

http://www.newswise.com/articles/caf...may-be-protect....

Make me feel better about cycling in the desert sun.

Bret Cahill

Chance would be a fine thing here in Yorkshire - it was snowing and I
pedalled into a 45 mph headwind directly off the North Sea on the way
to work today.

How did your legs hold out?

They were OK as I used the small ring nearly all of the way to work,
but a weekend of hard hill walking takes its toll and I will have to
take it easy in the run up to next Sunday's (15th) 100 km
Cyclosportive.

I flew back home at 2230 though :-)

--
Simon Mason
Old April 5th 12, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Apr 5, 6:10*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
http://www.newswise.com/articles/caf...may-be-protect...

Someone here mentioned brewing tea at a lower than boiling temps.
This prompted me to take that idea to the limit with coffee.

Me. I just chuck in the leaves cold and bring the kettle to a boil
and immediately pull it from the heat. The leaves settle within
around a minute of drawing the kettle at which point I rouse them then
stir, pouring within another 30 seconds. Does't work with every brand
and pekoe teas still need 7 minutes or more..

I use a stick blender to crack up the beans in a half cup of milk.
The fat in 2% + milk may help extract the oils in the coffee chunks --
I'll have to run some tests with cream. *I put the slurry in the
refrigerator for 12 hours, a day or longer.

Turkish or arabian coffee is very fine ground coffee boiled up with
milk and sugar, takes 90 seconds heat and 90 seconds settle. I don't
know how well the method works with light roasts but I have managed to
get a slightly subdued caffiene hit with a medium roast.

Next morning I heat the milk-coffee slurry in a stainless steel bowl
over water and strain it through a common stainless steel screen. *I
don't really care if a few bits of fines get in my drink.

Eating isn't supposed to be a lab / industrial operation anyway.

Just boil it up with the milk and withdraw, the milk helps the spent
grounds to seperate and then you decant into your cup, just don't
knock the end of it back or you may end up choking and spluttering.
This method needs very fine grounds, the mountain the dry grinds form
when poured should be like a sharpened pencil.

Old April 5th 12, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 10:13:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Apr 5, 6:10*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
http://www.newswise.com/articles/caf...may-be-protect...

Someone here mentioned brewing tea at a lower than boiling temps.
This prompted me to take that idea to the limit with coffee.

I use a stick blender to crack up the beans in a half cup of milk.
The fat in 2% + milk may help extract the oils in the coffee chunks --
I'll have to run some tests with cream. *I put the slurry in the
refrigerator for 12 hours, a day or longer.

Next morning I heat the milk-coffee slurry in a stainless steel bowl
over water and strain it through a common stainless steel screen. *I
don't really care if a few bits of fines get in my drink.

Eating isn't supposed to be a lab / industrial operation anyway.

Bret Cahill

What a palaver - I just press a green button on this thing and it
grinds the beans and brews it for me.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/coffee.jpg

That thing on the windowsill is almost as tasteful as the plastic sheep dog.

Old April 5th 12, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Apr 5, 6:24*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Seriously next time you go walking, oil your legs afterwards and fill
your belly with seasoned magnesium rich foods. *leave it at least an
hour after finishing your meal before giving your legs a rub down
using your hands until you get into a friction rub and your skin goes
red. *put the oil on again and go to bed. *Rub with your hands in the
shower the next day and see if you make a better recovery.- Hide quoted text -

I will try that - how will it react with the self tanning lotion I use
though?

--
Simon Mason
Old April 5th 12, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:42:57 -0700 (PDT), thirty-six
wrote:

[...]

Jesus wept, a skin cancer denialist as well.

Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed