Cheap Kneesavers real or generic)?

Old January 4th 04, 05:48 PM
Wolverbob

Default Cheap Kneesavers real or generic)?

Does anyone know of a cheap source for the Kneesavers, or Pedal Spacer, pedal
extenders? I see that the Hostel Shoppe has them for $35, but then charges $9
for shipping! Geez, I bet the actual cost of postage and a padded envelope is
around $3.

Bob Krzewinski
Old January 5th 04, 01:15 AM
Ben Fox

Bob ,Ive got a set I'll sell you for $25. and I'll pay shipping. Mine are
from lightning Cycle and i only have 1 bike now so I don't need 2 pair.
Ben

Old January 5th 04, 06:10 AM
Jeff Wills

(Wolverbob) wrote in message ...
Does anyone know of a cheap source for the Kneesavers, or Pedal Spacer, pedal
extenders? I see that the Hostel Shoppe has them for $35, but then charges $9
for shipping! Geez, I bet the actual cost of postage and a padded envelope is
around $3.

Bob Krzewinski

That's pretty good- direct from the manufacturer they're $45:
http://www.bikescor.com/product/knee.htm

I'd hesitate to use anything "cheap" that has to absorb that's going
to be as highly stressed as a pedal extender. Breaking off a pedal
will ruin your whole day.

Jeff
Old February 2nd 04, 08:52 AM
BiggJohn

pair. Ben "Wolverbob" wrote in message news:20040104114810.15374.00002564@mb-
m04.news.cs.comnews:20040104114810.15374.00002564@ mb-m04.news.cs.com...
Does anyone know of a cheap source for the Kneesavers, or Pedal
Spacer,

pedal
extenders? I see that the Hostel Shoppe has them for $35, but
then charges

$9
for shipping! Geez, I bet the actual cost of postage and a padded
envelope

is
around $3.

Bob Krzewinski

Hey Ben,

I don't want to step on Bob's toes, but if he doesn't take you up on
your offer, I'll be happy to take the extra set off your hands.

John Lockett

Old February 3rd 04, 05:10 AM
Wolverbob

Sorry: I bought them and they are already on my Vanguard! I just wish it was
warm enough and dry enough(no ice on the roads) to ride it here in Michigan.

Bob K.
Old February 3rd 04, 08:51 AM
BiggJohn

Wolverbob wrote:
Sorry: I bought them and they are already on my Vanguard! I just wish
it was warm enough and dry enough(no ice on the roads) to ride it here
in Michigan.
Bob K.

Oh well. It was worth a shot

Enjoy them when you get back on the road. (Ice... that must be somethin
from the Right Coast ;-

I'll be looking forward to your impressions after you've had th
opportunity to ride with them a while

-

Cheap road tires Chris Techniques 10 February 21st 04 02:28 AM
Where do I buy cheap 26" rear mtb wheel (8spd) keith edward Off Road 2 October 31st 03 05:51 PM
Advice on my first 'real' road bike please! Weezerbot Techniques 22 August 23rd 03 01:05 PM
Cheap Gas=Unnatural Capitalism DurangoKid General 1 July 24th 03 04:38 PM