On topic, but not in the UK

Old February 11th 19, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default On topic, but not in the UK

I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/

Old February 11th 19, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Evans

On 11/02/2019 17:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/

I'm happy to admit to being a bit "on the spectrum" and having children
who had "problems" at school due to this type of behaviour. Hence I have
read a few books on the subject. A lot of what is described as being
autistic spectrum behaviour just seems to be solitary "man" type
behaviour as opposed to communal "woman" type behaviour.

Not trying to start a flame, but have you ever considered your own
behaviour in this context?
Old February 11th 19, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 11/02/2019 18:08, Tom Evans wrote:
On 11/02/2019 17:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/

I'm happy to admit to being a bit "on the spectrum" and having children
who had "problems" at school due to this type of behaviour. Hence I have
read a few books on the subject. A lot of what is described as being
autistic spectrum behaviour just seems to be solitary "man" type
behaviour as opposed to communal "woman" type behaviour.

Not trying to start a flame, but have you ever considered your own
behaviour in this context?

Mr Pounder is obviously unaware that Autistic people are normally

very intelligent. Many being highly so.

Bod

---

Old February 11th 19, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 5:01:18 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/

So why don't you cycle?
Old February 11th 19, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
GB[_5_]

On 11/02/2019 18:23, Bod wrote:
On 11/02/2019 18:08, Tom Evans wrote:
On 11/02/2019 17:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/

I'm happy to admit to being a bit "on the spectrum" and having
children who had "problems" at school due to this type of behaviour.
Hence I have read a few books on the subject. A lot of what is
described as being autistic spectrum behaviour just seems to be
solitary "man" type behaviour as opposed to communal "woman" type
behaviour.

Not trying to start a flame, but have you ever considered your own
behaviour in this context?

Mr Pounder is obviously unaware that Autistic people are normally

very intelligent. Many being highly so.

That's really interesting. It's bleeding obvious that most of the people
on Usenet are at least a bit "on the spectrum". What I hadn't realised
is that so many people diagnosed as autistic are actually
high-functioning. So, thanks for that information.

Old February 11th 19, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 11/02/2019 19:21, GB wrote:
On 11/02/2019 18:23, Bod wrote:
On 11/02/2019 18:08, Tom Evans wrote:
On 11/02/2019 17:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/

I'm happy to admit to being a bit "on the spectrum" and having
children who had "problems" at school due to this type of behaviour.
Hence I have read a few books on the subject. A lot of what is
described as being autistic spectrum behaviour just seems to be
solitary "man" type behaviour as opposed to communal "woman" type
behaviour.

Not trying to start a flame, but have you ever considered your own
behaviour in this context?

Â*
Â* Mr Pounder is obviously unaware that Autistic people are normally
very intelligent. Many being highly so.

That's really interesting. It's bleeding obvious that most of the people
on Usenet are at least a bit "on the spectrum". What I hadn't realised
is that so many people diagnosed as autistic are actually
high-functioning. So, thanks for that information.

My pleasure.

--
Bod

---

Old February 12th 19, 12:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 11/02/2019 18:23, Bod wrote:

Mr Pounder is obviously unaware that Autistic people are normally

very intelligent. Many being highly so.

I like this Dilbert sketch (audio)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...3VrOUF5U0wwU1k
Old February 12th 19, 04:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 11/02/2019 23:56, TMS320 wrote:
On 11/02/2019 18:23, Bod wrote:

Mr Pounder is obviously unaware that Autistic people are normally

very intelligent. Many being highly so.

I like this Dilbert sketch (audio)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...3VrOUF5U0wwU1k

An amusing little skit :-)

--
Bod

---

Old February 12th 19, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/

So why don't you cycle?

Pillock.

Do you actually know what that word means?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhXjcZdk5QQ