Beth Got Married!

Old July 26th 04, 06:44 AM
Child

Default Beth Got Married!

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Hi Beth,

Are you still riding the Giro and Gliss?

--
Tom Sherman - Quad City Area

Hi Tom!

I am desperately in love with my Giro and Boytoy has accepted the Gliss as a
wedding gift....well he had assumed it was his all along. My newer job
isnt' as simple to bike to - no shower and i need to look professional at
least most of the time, so I ride only recreationally.

How are things with you? Are you still a low-slung kind of rider? vbg

Old July 26th 04, 11:55 AM
Tom Sherman

Child wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Hi Beth,

Are you still riding the Giro and Gliss?

--
Tom Sherman - Quad City Area

Hi Tom!

I am desperately in love with my Giro and Boytoy has accepted the Gliss as a
wedding gift....well he had assumed it was his all along. My newer job
isnt' as simple to bike to - no shower and i need to look professional at
least most of the time, so I ride only recreationally.

How are things with you? Are you still a low-slung kind of rider? vbg

Beth,

The two Earth Cycles are what I mostly ride now. Everyone on a.r.b.r.
loves it when I post about my Sunset, but a couple are upset about
losing the eBay auction for the Dragonflyer.
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/sunset/Sunset001.jpg,
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/Dragonflyer/df2.jpg.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old July 26th 04, 05:21 PM
Child

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Beth,

The two Earth Cycles are what I mostly ride now. Everyone on a.r.b.r.
loves it when I post about my Sunset, but a couple are upset about
losing the eBay auction for the Dragonflyer.
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/sunset/Sunset001.jpg,
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/Dragonflyer/df2.jpg.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

There is only two wheels on the new bike! Whassup with that?

I am slack jawed in horror that I missed the opportunity to purchase the
dragonflyer myself! Nice bike.

Old July 26th 04, 06:22 PM
Child

"Ken" wrote in message
"Child" wrote in message

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Hi Beth,

Are you still riding the Giro and Gliss?

--
Tom Sherman - Quad City Area

Hi Tom!

I am desperately in love with my Giro and Boytoy has accepted the Gliss

as a
wedding gift....well he had assumed it was his all along. My newer job
isnt' as simple to bike to - no shower and i need to look professional

at
least most of the time, so I ride only recreationally.

How are things with you? Are you still a low-slung kind of rider? vbg

Beth,

Congrats and/or mazel tov on the wedding.

Good to hear that a voice of reason is still out there. Do you still
have the big, white fluff-ball? (That was said in a tone of
admiration.) I still think the dog was a better choice than Boytoy,
but you didn't ask me.

Ken

I have two fluffballs, one white and one grey and of course, they are still
my first loves. Boytoy is a distant fourth after my laptop and my giro!

Old July 26th 04, 06:23 PM
Child

"Ken" wrote in message
I posted a while ago and dear Mr. Dolan replied with a bunch of
offensive baiting just wanting to get into a flame war. Most of it
had nothing to do with what I posted, he was just accusing me of being
a liberal whatever. My post was not political at all and was on
topic. So until Mr. Dolan either gets a job or dies, I'll mostly
lurk. But I will gladly make an exception for Beth and you.

Ken, the best thing to do with posters like Mr. Dolan is to killfile. If you
can see them, they cease to bother you.

Old July 26th 04, 09:57 PM
David

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 06:23:24 -0700, Carol Cohen wrote:

Old a.r.b.r.'s of the male persuasion, cry your eyes out: our Alaskan
bent beauty finally tied the knot with Toyboy, a few months ago. Big
dress, big wedding, both dogs participated (I saw pix). She may have
faded away from this newsgroup but she is still active in others. And
still gets out a bit on her recumbent.

C.C.

Congrats on the nuptials Beth :-) May you enjoy many many years of marital
bliss!
Old July 26th 04, 10:20 PM
Edward Dolan

"Ken" wrote in message
Tom Sherman wrote in message

[...]
The two Earth Cycles are what I mostly ride now. Everyone on a.r.b.r.
loves it when I post about my Sunset, but a couple are upset about
losing the eBay auction for the Dragonflyer.
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/sunset/Sunset001.jpg,
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/Dragonflyer/df2.jpg.

Tom,

I don't really keep up with the group anymore. But I saw this thread
and went to your links above. What happened to the full fairing type
of guy? What happened to the Wavewind? A trike's better in the snow?
I always figured someday you'd do a homebuilt to your own specs and
show the world how it should be done. Anything in the plans or works?
Happy with your new bikes?

I posted a while ago and dear Mr. Dolan replied with a bunch of
offensive baiting just wanting to get into a flame war. Most of it
had nothing to do with what I posted, he was just accusing me of being
a liberal whatever. My post was not political at all and was on
topic. So until Mr. Dolan either gets a job or dies, I'll mostly
lurk. But I will gladly make an exception for Beth and you.

Who is this Ken character who accuses me of not knowing what a post is
about. Sometimes I know better than the poster what the post is about. That
was probably the case with Ken. Please note that he does not deny being a
liberal. He probably is going to vote for Kerry-Edwards and will consider it
a wise decision.

About Beth (Child), if she is a lady she will never get any grief from me. I
expect men to be slobs and low lifes, but I expect women to be ladies
always. If there weren't any ladies in the world, none of us men would ever
have the opportunity to be gentlemen - perhaps the epitome of being
civilized. Most here on ARBR are barbarians. I give you slugger as the
premier example but I could name many others. But I only like to insult one
person at a time.

Mr. Dolan is due for a date with the Grim Reaper sooner than he thinks no
doubt, but so are all the rest of you - only you don't know it yet. This is
surely a case of where ignorance is bliss. I mean, do you want to know
precisely when it is that you are going to die? I thought not!

My job working days were over about 40 years ago. I decided early on that I
did not come into this world to work at a job. That is for lesser mortals
than myself. Like God, I am here to contemplate myself in peace and
serenity. However, unlike God, I am not immortal and so I could never afford
to waste any time with the contemplation. If work is the curse of the
drinking class, it is even more the curse of us God like types who think
that only contemplation is suited to us. God created the world in only a few
days and He has been resting ever since. As you can see, I only take my cues
from the Highest of Authorities.

As for Ken lurking here, that is never a very satisfying solution to not
posting. I lurked here for 6 months and Mr. Sherman et al were driving me
crazy with their nonsensical posts. So I decided I had better post myself
and kick some ass too. Why should I be the only one that is being driven
crazy. I say spread the craziness around so we can all go to Hell together.

--
Ye Old Insult Maven

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old July 26th 04, 10:33 PM
Edward Dolan

"Child" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
I posted a while ago and dear Mr. Dolan replied with a bunch of
offensive baiting just wanting to get into a flame war. Most of it
had nothing to do with what I posted, he was just accusing me of being
a liberal whatever. My post was not political at all and was on
topic. So until Mr. Dolan either gets a job or dies, I'll mostly
lurk. But I will gladly make an exception for Beth and you.

Ken, the best thing to do with posters like Mr. Dolan is to killfile. If

you
can see them, they cease to bother you.

I think she means if you CAN'T see them, they won't bother you!

However, that is not true at all. I have the knack for bothering someone
whether they are reading me or not because what I have to say will sooner or
later be quoted in some else's post which you have not kill filed. And so we
will end up talking about you whether you like it or not.

But apparently Beth is a ostrich (like all women) and wants to bury her head
in the sand. She thinks that what she does not know will not hurt her, but
that is where she has got it most awfully wrong. I would say if you have to
kill file someone you should perhaps not be on the newsgroup in the first
place. Surely there are other groups where one could go where all would be
sweetness and light. But this world is sour and dark and I am here to remind
you of that fact.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old July 26th 04, 10:55 PM
Edward Dolan

"Ken" wrote in message
"Child" wrote in message

[...]

Hey Ken, you congratulate the male slob for having secured for himself a
partner to whom he can more or less gain some sexual access every now and
then, but you give your best wishes to the bride for her illusion that she
will be able to put up with this male slob and maybe get what she really
wants in life - which is children (and not a male slob in her life).

No one here knows or cares what mazel tov means except for all those retired
Jewish types who are living in Florida, the land of permanent high humidity.
Can anyone live there without air conditioning? I thought not!

But I think Beth lives in Alaska with the Eskimos which is even worse! It is
cold and dark there and only those who can't make it in more civilized
climes end up in places like that. How do you think the Eskimo ended up
there? They are the world's greatest losers in the lottery of life. Even the
American Indian, when he migrated to the New World across the Bering Strait
from Siberia, had enough sense not to settle down in another Siberia.

--
Ye Old Insult Maven

Ed Dolan - Minnesota