Ramming Critical Mass.

Old June 29th 09, 07:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Ramming Critical Mass.

Doubt was cast in a previous thread as to whether several drivers
deliberately ram cyclists during a Critical Mass ride. Here are a few
reports from last Friday's ride and these are just the ones who have
reported back so far.

"First the Oxford St incident it was a friend of mine who got caught
initially in that incident a driver coming from the North tried to ram
through the ride then when my friend corked hime he got out of his car
and physically lifted him out of the way both he and his wife were
totally hyped out and punched various riders then ironically called
the police."

"I got into one confrontation with a cab driver determined to push
through the mass on Shaftsbury Avenue/Charring Cross - he was not
going to stop and kept edging cab more and more into me and my bike -
I had to pull back and have some strong words, etc with him while he
pushed through everyone else looking more and more like he was going
to blow his top."

" Thanks to the cyclists who helped me by doing a magnificent job of
straighting my mangled back wheel that a kindly cabbie not so lovingly
rammed. I had a nice chilled out ride and felt very calm and
relaxed,unlike aforementioned cabbie,stressed,high blood pressure.
Once again thanks guys, I appreciate your show of unity."

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Old June 29th 09, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

"Doug" wrote in message

"First the Oxford St incident it was a friend of mine who got caught
initially in that incident a driver coming from the North tried to ram
through the ride then when my friend corked hime he got out of his car
and physically lifted him out of the way both he and his wife were
totally hyped out and punched various riders then ironically called
the police."

What is this Doug? Are the CM riders a bunch of wusses? The guy gets out of
the car, lifts somone out of the way, isn't that the point where the CM
riders steam in, kick the **** out of him while one of the CMers call the
police?

"I got into one confrontation with a cab driver determined to push
through the mass on Shaftsbury Avenue/Charring Cross - he was not
going to stop and kept edging cab more and more into me and my bike -
I had to pull back and have some strong words, etc with him while he
pushed through everyone else looking more and more like he was going
to blow his top."

Sound like a good excuse to pull his door open and have those strong words
while holding him by the neck.

" Thanks to the cyclists who helped me by doing a magnificent job of
straighting my mangled back wheel that a kindly cabbie not so lovingly
rammed. I had a nice chilled out ride and felt very calm and
relaxed,unlike aforementioned cabbie,stressed,high blood pressure.
Once again thanks guys, I appreciate your show of unity."

I think I am beginning to get it now. Because the CM riders are the ones who
go out of their way to **** off the motoring public (bless them) they don't
feel that it is actually right to deal with the aggression which they
encounter.

If anyone did this **** to me, and I was to get hold of them, they would get
what was coming. But then I do not go out of my way looking for the **** in
the first place and so rarely does it come my way.

Ho Bleeding Hum

Old June 29th 09, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

On 29 June, 07:16, Doug wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately this is what happens when you deliberately **** other
people off.

Francis
Old June 29th 09, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Eddie[_2_]

Doug wrote:

"Who's streets? Our streets".

*Whose*, please.

--
Eddie
Old June 29th 09, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Happi Monday

It's pricks like you that give "us" decent cyclists a bad name.
Old June 29th 09, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 29 June, 10:03, "mileburner" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

"First the Oxford St incident it was a friend of mine who got caught
initially in that incident a driver coming from the North tried to ram
through the ride then when my friend corked hime he got out of his car
and physically lifted him out of the way both he and his wife were
totally hyped out and punched various riders then ironically called
the police."

What is this Doug? Are the CM riders a bunch of wusses? The guy gets out of
the car, lifts somone out of the way, isn't that the point where the CM
riders steam in, kick the **** out of him while one of the CMers call the
police?

No the lone cyclists who take **** from motorists everyday, while
criticising CM, are the wussies.

[...]

Yeh sure, I can just picture it. Little ol lonely you on your bike
takes on a cab full of hyped-up, angry people, all on your todsome.

Ho Bleeding Hum

You are wrong, I just omitted to mention for legal reasons any
reprisals by CM riders. Some of them are surprisingly fit.

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"More bikes, fewer cars!".

Old June 29th 09, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 29 June, 11:08, francis wrote:
On 29 June, 07:16, Doug wrote:

[...]

No its what happens when drivers loose their cool and break the law by
deliberately ramming cyclists, who they treat with mutter contempt.

Old June 29th 09, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

On 29 June, 07:16, Doug wrote:

[...]

"More bikes, fewer cars!".- Hide quoted text -

Most drivers do not treat most cyclists with utter contempt.

Most drivers are reasonable people.

Most cyclists are reasonable people.

There is a percentage of both who are not.

Sometimes they meet.

Francis
Old June 29th 09, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

"Doug" wrote in message

No the lone cyclists who take **** from motorists everyday, while
criticising CM, are the wussies.

Ha Ha Ha! I am a lone cyclist, (at least most of the time). I ride primary
when I need to block the traffic, I allow them to pass and wave them on when
I think it is safe to do so. Occasionally I get some verbal abuse and horn
blowing but I just smile and wave. You see Doug, it's the nature of the
beast, drivers can only see things from their POV from behind the wheel, and
they are very selfish too. If you **** them off it just makes them worse.
Your choice.

Old June 29th 09, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 29 June, 07:16, Doug wrote:

[...]

Sounds like your demented nutter 'mates' (who coincidentally ALSO
despise you) are the ones with the anger management problem, by your
own words...

and break the law

Ooooh, lawbreaking! Like, for example, CM cyclists going through red
lights, riding on pavements, going the wrong way on one way streets,
failing to notify in advance of procesion, and countless other laws?
THAT sort of lawbreaking? LMFAO you hypocritical old berk.

deliberately ramming cyclists, who they treat with mutter contempt.

Yep, which is just the manner in which they SHOULD treat CM riders.
Clue CM = Scum /Clue

critical mass bernmart Techniques 2 January 27th 08 12:39 AM
Police win powers to control Critical Mass cycle rally - FW: Don't be taken for a ride: Critical Mass has NOT been banned Fod UK 2 May 27th 07 03:06 PM
Critical Mass = Critical ASS Jan Mobely Social Issues 0 July 12th 05 07:09 PM
[critical-mass] Promote Critical Mass in NYC This Friday! Jym Dyer Social Issues 3 March 26th 05 09:14 PM
Critical Mass mass arrests. Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 24 September 2nd 04 09:22 PM