help identify a campagnolo group

Old January 25th 05, 12:31 PM
len

Default help identify a campagnolo group

Hello everyone,

I want to buy a second-hand bike and I am searching your advice to
identify the group. It has an oliveri frame and is campagnolo equiped.
However I am unable to determine which group it is, it is marked
nowhere. The brakes are silver, with 2 pivots, and the campagnolo logo
is written with black on them. It has ergo levers, the lever itself is
also silver, with an embossed model (looks very old) and pointed black
hoods. It has 8 gears. My best guess whould be a chorus from around
1997 but I am no expert, and this whould be the most professional bike
I ever had. All information I have is gathered from the net.

What do you think?

Thank you,
Len
Old January 26th 05, 02:03 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

The brakes are silver, with 2 pivots, and the campagnolo logo
is written with black on them. It has ergo levers, the lever itself is
also silver, with an embossed model (looks very old) and pointed black
hoods. It has 8 gears BRBR

If it says 'Campagnolo' but not the group name, it is 1992/3/4. In 1995, they
started putting thr group name onto the parts. If a dual pivot brake then
probably 1994, first year for that.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old January 27th 05, 02:54 PM

Thank you all. I managed to get some photos. Here they a
http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_bici/
Are the photos helping?

Thank you,
Len

Old January 27th 05, 08:10 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

If it says 'Campagnolo' but not the group name, it is 1992/3/4.

Ah...they were prettier back then. I think they look cheap these days :-(
Old January 28th 05, 05:16 AM
A Muzi

Thank you all. I managed to get some photos. Here they a
http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_bici/
Are the photos helping?

1994 Chorus
First year of pickup pins on crank
1995 levers & calipers say "Chorus".
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old January 28th 05, 02:47 PM

A Muzi wrote:
wrote:

Thank you all. I managed to get some photos. Here they a
http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_bici/
Are the photos helping?

1994 Chorus
First year of pickup pins on crank
1995 levers & calipers say "Chorus".
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I bought the bike. After 5 minutes of trying it I was convinced it was
a fit. Thank you all for the help.

Len