UK may consider electric vehicle subsidy to increase cycling

Old October 20th 17, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default UK may consider electric vehicle subsidy to increase cycling

The UK government could potentially consider providing subsidies for
electric bicycles and electric cars as part of a concerted policy effort
to get more people cycling, the roads minister, Jesse Norman, has said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...crease-cycling
--
Bod
Old October 20th 17, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]

On 20/10/17 18:42, Bod wrote:
The UK government could potentially consider providing subsidies for
electric bicycles and electric cars as part of a concerted policy effort
to get more people cycling, the roads minister, Jesse Norman, has said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...crease-cycling

Not my definition of cycling. Especially because they seem to be
encouraging them into cars.
Old October 20th 17, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 17:53:19 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 17:42:16 +0100, Bod wrote:

The UK government could potentially consider providing subsidies for
electric bicycles and electric cars as part of a concerted policy effort
to get more people cycling, the roads minister, Jesse Norman, has said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...crease-cycling

"electric CARS as part of a concerted policy effort to get more people
CYCLING" - bad reporting or stupid government?

Just stupid quoting by the resident sociopath, Birdbrain!

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic life:
"For some reason my favourite pastime was destroying (slowly by chiselling)
Old October 20th 17, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 19:38:30 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Not my definition of cycling. Especially because they seem to be
encouraging them into cars.

I'm still waiting

Everyone is still waiting for you to shut your stupid gob finally,
Birdbrain!

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
Old October 23rd 17, 06:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Assuming everyone already is healthy / gets enough exercise, food is higher carbon than than charging up an E bike.

Some cyclists have special needs like 4 hours of exercise/day for a good night's sleep so the carbon issue might not apply to us.

Bret Cahill

Old October 23rd 17, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 7:38:33 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 18:57:23 +0100, Tosspot wrote:

On 20/10/17 18:42, Bod wrote:
The UK government could potentially consider providing subsidies for
electric bicycles and electric cars as part of a concerted policy effort
to get more people cycling, the roads minister, Jesse Norman, has said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...crease-cycling

Not my definition of cycling. Especially because they seem to be
encouraging them into cars.

I'm still waiting for a battery that lasts as long as a tank of petrol, charges as fast as you can fill a tank of petrol, and doesn't need replacing every 5 years.

I second this. It takes over an hour to fill the tank of a Tesla at one of their supercharging stations, even longer at a standard service station charger.

What happened to the idea of flow battery cars?

Old October 23rd 17, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:16:50 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I thought the three phase charging stations were about 20-30 minutes?
They use Lithium Ion right? Same technology as AA cells. I can charge
those in 8 minutes.

Darn, another senile idiot took your bait again, Birdbrain! Just what is it
with you and all the senile oafs (whether Brits or Americans), you filthy
******?

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) endless BULL****:
"If you live for 4 years and die, you wasted 4 years. If you live for 20
Old October 23rd 17, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On 20/10/17 18:42, Bod wrote:
The UK government could potentially consider providing subsidies for
electric bicycles and electric cars as part of a concerted policy effort
to get more people cycling, the roads minister, Jesse Norman, has said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...crease-cycling

Not my definition of cycling. Especially because they seem to be
encouraging them into cars.

I'm still waiting for a battery that lasts as long as a tank of petrol, charges as fast as you can fill a tank of petrol, and doesn't need replacing every 5 years.

I second this. It takes over an hour to fill the tank of a Tesla at one of their supercharging stations, even longer at a standard service station charger.

What happened to the idea of flow battery cars?

I thought the three phase charging stations were about 20-30 minutes?

What does 3 phase have to do with charging a DC battery?

They use Lithium Ion right?

Currently, yes. Lithium metal solid electrolyte batteries will be here soon and wont catch fire when punctured in a crash.

Same technology as AA cells. I can charge those in 8 minutes.

The individual cells Tesla use are similar in size to an AA but I have never seen a Li AA.

Old October 23rd 17, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 4:53:36 PM UTC+1, Peeler wrote:
On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:16:50 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I thought the three phase charging stations were about 20-30 minutes?
They use Lithium Ion right? Same technology as AA cells. I can charge
those in 8 minutes.

Darn, another senile idiot took your bait again, Birdbrain! Just what is it
with you and all the senile oafs (whether Brits or Americans), you filthy
******?

Why?
It highlighted the 2 major shortcomings with electric cars.
The time it takes to refuel, especially for a normal household, and the longevity of the battery.
Old October 23rd 17, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Who gives a **** other than a troll or a feeder of trolls!