Gluing/Vulcanizing the Tread Area of Inner Tubes To the Inside of Tires

Old May 26th 20, 05:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Gluing/Vulcanizing the Tread Area of Inner Tubes To the Inside of Tires

I'm sure they exist but I can't find any patents on a "one piece tire tube assembly."

Anyone here ever hear of such an animal? It's easier than you may think to prototype.

The goal here is post deflation puncture hole alignment. That way if you want to plug or clog a puncture as with tubeless, the holes in the tube are aligned with the holes in the tire even after deflation.

Anyway last month I used a latex sealant to glue a 24" tube inside a 26" tire. I pumped up and rode a few hundred miles.

I forgot about it and was surprised I could more or less clog the punctures in a previously deflated tubed tire. Then I took it apart, saw that the tube was still sticking to the tire and remembered that was the plan all along.

Bret Cahill