‘Tempting’ – Sunday Times columnist Rod Liddle on stretching piano wire across road to target cyclists

Old May 27th 20, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default 'Tempting' - Sunday Times columnist Rod Liddle on stretchingpiano wire across road to target cyclists

On 27/05/2020 08:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 8:35:43 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
Fantastic comment by a road.cc reader:
QUOTE:

Every day it's the same. Pick up my newspaper and there is some
gammon faced, girlfriend beating, racist, islamaphobic, slightly
overweigh, probably hypertensive and diabetic middle aged man with a
chip on their well padded shoulder.

A plethora of Farrages (SIC), Clarksons and Liddles. All in tweed
jackets with their 20 Bensons, pints of poor quality ale and fatuous
expressions on their ruddy faces, expressions of self-righteousness
and irreproachable indignation. This is a just a nice way of getting
exercise - don't be such NIMBY dickheads, I shout at them. My wife
has persuaded me that, strictly speaking, it is against the law to
cough Corona Virus in their faces. Oh, but it's tempting.

ENDS

(((APPLAUSE)))

You are getting more and more boring.

Don't read my posts then!
Learn to use a decent killfile.

I don't use a killfile.
Just stop posting boring ****.

You cannot tell others what to do. That way is totalitarianism.
Heil Hitler!
Old May 27th 20, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Simon has tried to tell me what to do.
I don't use a killfile because I'm a man, not a bloody stinking snow flake
cyclist.

Old May 27th 20, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Peter Keller wrote:
On 27/05/2020 07:35, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

No he is not.
He rides a bike. You do not.

Yes he is.
This pleb could not even kill himself. His treatment must of cost the nation
hundreds of thousands of pounds. Utter ******.

Old May 27th 20, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 5:22:59 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
.. His treatment must of cost the nation
hundreds of thousands of pounds. Utter ******.

Must HAVE cost the nation!
Old May 27th 20, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 5:22:59 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote: . His treatment must of cost the nation
hundreds of thousands of pounds. Utter ******.

Must HAVE cost the nation! Is that the best you can do?

Have cost the nation. Which it did. The driver that hit you will never
forget what you did. Selfish *******. Next time just do it right.

Old May 27th 20, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 6:24:36 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 5:22:59 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote: . His treatment must of cost the nation
hundreds of thousands of pounds. Utter ******.

Must HAVE cost the nation! Is that the best you can do?

Have cost the nation. Which it did. The driver that hit you will never
forget what you did. Selfish *******. Next time just do it right.

How is you day job with The Samaritans going?
Old May 28th 20, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 28/05/2020 04:19, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
bloody stinking snow flake
cyclist.

Thanks greatly for that EXCELLENT compliment coming from YOU. Especially
as it cums from YOU.
Now please ejaculate to me from YOU the further ESTEEMED honour of being
socially-retarded, puerile, and pinguid.

It really is a very great compliment to be called not a man by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle, a very convenient delightful economical
viable means of transport.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.
Old May 28th 20, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 28/05/2020 04:22, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Utter ******.

Thanks greatly for yet another EXCELLENT accolade.
Now please could UI have the honour of being idolatrous, unethical,
cultic, and diseased, from YOU?

It really is a very great compliment to be called an utter ****** by YOU.

Old May 29th 20, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Is it all that surprising that the Lycra Brigade, with the exception of Jester/Collins, all seem so hostile to Brexit? One of the fundamentals of Brexit is improved democracy. If these people liked democracy, they’d accept that people simply don’t want to cycle the vast majority of the time, and advocate for infrastructure to reflect that.

Instead, they lament that only 2-3% of distance travelled is by bicycle, and demand that policy be set not to accommodate people’s choices, but to “encourage” that figure to grow. I’m glad they have so little success with their attempts at coercion; the Simons of this world have claimed for decades that we’re on the verge of a “cycling revolution”, but it never happens. Even after the 2012 Olympics, the “explosion” proved only to be temporary.

People, broadly speaking, simply don’t want to cycle; when will you all accept and respect that? A referendum on whether to further “encourage cycling” would break heavily in favour of “No”, and you well know it. Why do you always think you know better than the British people?