The drivers stopped by police in Hull and East Yorkshire this week

Old May 27th 20, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default The drivers stopped by police in Hull and East Yorkshire this week

On 27/05/2020 08:30, TMS320 wrote:
On 26/05/2020 11:15, Pamela wrote:
On 08:34ツ* 26 May 2020, TMS320 said:

On 26/05/2020 01:31, JNugent wrote:
On 26/05/2020 00:03, TMS320 wrote:
On 25/05/2020 23:45, JNugent wrote:
On 25/05/2020 21:45, TMS320 wrote:
On 24/05/2020 20:59, JNugent wrote:
On 24/05/2020 14:09, TMS320 wrote:
On 24/05/2020 12:40, JNugent wrote:
テつ*
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...ast-yorkshire-

news/dri
vers-stopped-humberside-police-week-4159763

The people behind the wheels of those vehicles will soon be
cyclists (if they're not already).

It'll be all they're qualified for. And it could, on reflection,
explain a few things.

But any rule breaking will be an irritation, not a danger. Which
makes a difference.

Tell that to the bereaved relatives of the pedestrians.

Given the courts have very restricted punishments at their disposal
to drivers that kill, I expect turning the perpetrator into an
irritant is probably sometimes the best the relatives can hope for.

We were referring, of course, to cyclists who kill.

I am looking at statistics. What are you looking at?

Cyclist who kill (and injure).

I expect you could name every one.

I knew you wouldn't want to be looking at that, for some reason.

I bet you'll try to get away bwith the old, old, lie, that cyclists
never hurt anyone.

You're still in denial about putting your convenience above the safety
of others.

I threaten no-one's safety. I do not ignore red traffic lights and I do
not travel along footways unless on foot. Except in exceptionally rare
cases of on the spot error, I comply with one-way working.

Which confirms how you're in denial about your contribution to danger.

Could you kindly describe exactly which of Nugent's contributions to
danger, if any, you have in mind.

My definition of danger to pedestrians is that 3800 a year are KSId by
drivers. There can be no other metric.

....and?
Old May 27th 20, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-
[...]

Sometimes the replies in this group are like tangents going off in a weird
direction into some four-dimensional space system with no overlap with our
world.

Old May 27th 20, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 27/05/2020 14:09, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Sorry if you are too thick to see the connection. We've gone over it
enough times.
Old May 27th 20, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 18:02 27 May 2020, TMS320 said:

[...]

How does your unproven allegation that Nugent puts his "convenience above the
safety of others" relate to the statistic that 3,800 people are killed or
seriously injured every year?

As I recall, you made your allegation in reponse to Nugent's comment that
it's a very old lie cyclists never hurt anyone.

There seem to a number of bizarre non sequiturs here. Are you able to
explain their connection?

Old May 27th 20, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 27/05/2020 18:02, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

You failed to connect my car - or me - with any of your imaginary data.

I do not drive dangerously, whereas we do know that you do ride your
bicycle dangerously and without regard for pedestrians. You have
admitted that, in terms.

Old May 27th 20, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 27/05/2020 20:31, JNugent wrote:
On 27/05/2020 18:02, TMS320 wrote:
On 27/05/2020 14:09, JNugent wrote:
On 27/05/2020 08:30, TMS320 wrote:

My definition of danger to pedestrians is that 3800 a year are
KSId by drivers. There can be no other metric.

...and?

Sorry if you are too thick to see the connection. We've gone over
it enough times.

You failed to connect my car - or me - with any of your imaginary
data.

I presume you have informed the people that compile the data for HMG
that they have got it wrong?

I do not drive dangerously,

You've done your usual trick of changing words. I haven't said that you
drive dangerously. I have said that by driving you present a danger.

whereas we do know that you do ride your bicycle dangerously and
without regard for pedestrians. You have admitted that, in terms.

Oh, you mean my admission to going the wrong way down a one way street
before a sign went up saying it is now allowed - when the purpose was to
avoid mingling with pedestrians?
Old May 27th 20, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

When asked to clarify it, you wrote:

"My definition of danger to pedestrians is that 3800 a year are KSId by
drivers. There can be no other metric."

There seems to be little sense to it.
Old May 27th 20, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 10:15:39 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

"My definition of danger to pedestrians is that 3800 a year are KSId by
drivers. There can be no other metric."

There seems to be little sense to it.

Agreed - there is little sense in the vast daily carnage attributed to killer car drivers. If aircraft or trains killed the same, there'd be an almighty outcry.
Old May 27th 20, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 27/05/2020 22:15, Pamela wrote:

Without proof and largely unconnected to what went before, you wrote:

"You're still in denial about putting your convenience above the safety
of others.

When asked to clarify it, you wrote:

"My definition of danger to pedestrians is that 3800 a year are KSId by
drivers. There can be no other metric."

There seems to be little sense to it.

You really can't see any connection between driving (which is a
convenience) and the number of casualties?
Old May 28th 20, 01:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 27/05/2020 21:59, TMS320 wrote:
On 27/05/2020 20:31, JNugent wrote:
On 27/05/2020 18:02, TMS320 wrote:
On 27/05/2020 14:09, JNugent wrote:
On 27/05/2020 08:30, TMS320 wrote:

My definition of danger to pedestrians is that 3800 a year are KSId
by drivers. There can be no other metric.

...and?

Sorry if you are too thick to see the connection. We've gone over it
enough times.

You failed to connect my car - or me - with any of your imaginary data.

I presume you have informed the people that compile the data for HMG
that they have got it wrong?

I do not drive dangerously,

You've done your usual trick of changing words. I haven't said that you
drive dangerously. I have said that by driving you present a danger.

You say a lot of things. You never bother proving them.

whereas we do know that you do ride your bicycle dangerously and
without regard for pedestrians. You have admitted that, in terms.

Oh, you mean my admission to going the wrong way down a one way street
before a sign went up saying it is now allowed - when the purpose was to
avoid mingling with pedestrians?

If that was one of your admissions (or, rather, your boasts), yes.

There were others, including cycling along footways, ignoring red
traffic lights, etc.