Bike shops run out of stock as sales boom with 200% increase aspeople try to avoid using public transport

Old May 24th 20, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Bike shops run out of stock as sales boom with 200% increase aspeople try to avoid using public transport

Last month or so Wal-Mart started keeping chain lube, inner tubes and
tires in a locked cabinet like they do ammo.

It's too much trouble to ask for help wearing a mask so don't bother.

Are you making a point about UK cycling?

Are tires lubes and tubes still out on display in big box stores in the UK? This CV-19 bike boom is starting to become a hassle in the desert SW. I have to go to Yuma to get anything in a hurry.

I've dedicated my life to making cycling cheaper and now market forces are making it more expensive.

This is _not_ progress!

Bret Cahill

Old May 25th 20, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 22:22 24 May 2020, Bret Cahill said:

Last month or so Wal-Mart started keeping chain lube, inner tubes and
tires in a locked cabinet like they do ammo.

It's too much trouble to ask for help wearing a mask so don't bother.

Are you making a point about UK cycling?

Are tires lubes and tubes still out on display in big box stores in the
UK? This CV-19 bike boom is starting to become a hassle in the desert
SW. I have to go to Yuma to get anything in a hurry.

I've dedicated my life to making cycling cheaper and now market forces
are making it more expensive.

This is _not_ progress!

Bret Cahill

How do I find the nearest Wal-Mart?

Old May 25th 20, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 10:22:08 PM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:

Are tires lubes and tubes still out on display in big box stores in the UK? This CV-19 bike boom is starting to become a hassle in the desert SW. I have to go to Yuma to get anything in a hurry.

QUOTE:
Weldtite, the Lincolnshire-based maker of cycle repair kits, is taking on 30% more staff and has set up temporary buildings to expand production as it struggles to cope with global demand. Cycling is being promoted worldwide as a way to get around with less risk of catching coronavirus.
Old May 25th 20, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 10:58 25 May 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 10:01:43 AM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 22:22 24 May 2020, Bret Cahill said:

Last month or so Wal-Mart started keeping chain lube, inner tubes and
tires in a locked cabinet like they do ammo.

It's too much trouble to ask for help wearing a mask so don't bother.

Are you making a point about UK cycling?

Are tires lubes and tubes still out on display in big box stores in the
UK? This CV-19 bike boom is starting to become a hassle in the desert
SW. I have to go to Yuma to get anything in a hurry.

I've dedicated my life to making cycling cheaper and now market forces
are making it more expensive.

This is _not_ progress!

Bret Cahill

How do I find the nearest Wal-Mart?

Go into an ASDA.

Asda is not Wal-Mart. For a start it does not supply ammo, as described by
Bret.
Old May 25th 20, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 5:49:05 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

Coronavirus: Car rental firm Hertz files for bankruptcy after pandemic losses.

Jaguar Land Rover in rescue talks as sales plummet.
Old June 16th 20, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 4:59:27 PM UTC+1, Peter Parry wrote:

"Mavic, one of the most famous brands in cycling,.. it has fallen into
receivership."

The legendary cycling brand went into receivership last month, and now the five-time Tour de France winner has joined a 'recovery team' that also includes a banking CEO and a lawyer.

Hinault told L'Equipe (link is external): "I'm very happy to support a French project to rescue Mavic, a brand that has accompanied me throughout my career and which is inseparable from cycling.

"As a technical partner, Mavic has always been at the service of cyclists in difficulty on the roads around France. It's my turn to put myself at the service of the men and women of Mavic at a time when their business is in difficulty. It only fair to return the favour.

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling...ne-2020-274557