Why has only one cyclist on prom faced prosecution?

Old May 25th 20, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Why has only one cyclist on prom faced prosecution?

QUOTE:
LAST summer when a cyclist was fined £300 for cycling offences on the promenade, I wrote to the Daily Echo to highlight the fact that BCP Council really can enforce cycling by-laws.

I genuinely thought that this would put a stop to the small number of reckless idiots who regularly ride at two or three times the 10 MPH speed limit, and prevent a tragic accident to a small child or frail pensioner.

Clearly a couple of seafront rangers with a hand-held speed camera doing spot checks for a few hours a week would have the desired effect and at the same time boost the council’s coffers.

However, as far as I can ascertain, the afore-mentioned cyclist remains the only one ever to face prosecution. The mind boggles.

PETER COCKEY

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/yo...ing-fast-prom/
Old May 25th 20, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 25/05/2020 11:15, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

I genuinely thought that this would put a stop to the small number of
reckless idiots who regularly ride at two or three times the 10 MPH
speed limit,

"two or three times the 10 MPH speed limit"? Not only do we have a
fantasist but to the best of my ability I can't a signg on Streetview or
anything on Bournemouth.gov that mentions a speed limit

and prevent a tragic accident to a small child or frail pensioner.

....and having penned the letter, the person complaining then gets in a
car and exposes those around to a well established tragic accident
mechanism.
Old May 26th 20, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 11:00:51 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

"two or three times the 10 MPH speed limit"? Not only do we have a
fantasist but to the best of my ability I can't a signg on Streetview or
anything on Bournemouth.gov that mentions a speed limit

They need to give contracts to these cyclists time trialling along the prom at 30mph!
Old May 26th 20, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 26/05/2020 11:16, Simon Mason wrote:
On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 11:00:51 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

"two or three times the 10 MPH speed limit"? Not only do we have a
fantasist but to the best of my ability I can't a signg on Streetview or
anything on Bournemouth.gov that mentions a speed limit

They need to give contracts to these cyclists time trialling along the prom at 30mph!

(SIC)

We know you really meant:

"They need to give contracts *on* these cyclists time trialling along
the prom at 30mph!"