Mountain Bikers SILENT about Environmental Destruction in Their Backyard!

Old May 12th 06, 05:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Mountain Bikers SILENT about Environmental Destruction in Their Backyard!

"That is a lie. It's interesting that you provide not one shred of
evidence to support it. I'm sure you just heard that somewhere and
repeated it. Making assertions that you don't KNOW to be fact is
called "lying". See my point?"

please can you provide evidence that the previous chap was "lying?" you
have provided not a single shred of evidence that he is. you have simply
blandly stated that he is lying.

Lets assume for your argument that he is INCORRECT (I am not sayiing he
is, purely for arguments sake) surely if he believes he is correct then
he is just misinformed not a liar, since as you state you have to be
aware of the fact you are lying to actually be lying. But you cannot
possibly know whether he knows that he is wrong (assuming of course he
IS wrong) or whether he is simply misinformed. So therefore you have
made an assertation that you cannot prove to be true. But then you KNOW
all of the above because you are a seasoned debater (well in my opinion
more of a soapbox king but that is a different issue) you know all of
the above that I have just stated. So therefore by your own argument
you are a liar. Because I am gentleman, I will settle for the agreement
that you are simply misinformed.

So we now take this to conclusion and we have two potential
hypotheses.
Case 1. that you are a liar. - In this case, what else have you lied
about? Your credibility is shot and nobody will believe a word you
say.

Case 2. You are simply misinformed. If you are so misinformed about
something as simple as this, what else are you misinformed about?
People lose confidence in you, your credibilty vanishes and nobody will
believe a word you say.

now obviously, because I have STATED my assumptions I cannot possibly
be accused of being a liar. Therefore I could be misinformed but I
worked all the above out for myself without any help from anyone else.
I could of course be wrong and I would welcome any proof that I am so.

Sadly I cannot go mountainbiking this weekend as I have severe chest
pains and wont be biking anywhere for a while. Tis good to be back!!

And finally you must really hate people like me because one of my
favourite leisure activities is mountainbiking (I have several you see
and I would include walking/hiking in there) and for a living I design
roads (well I am a civil engineer in a highways division) - a very
credible and professional career I would also add.

--
davebee

Old May 14th 06, 09:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Sat, 13 May 2006 02:16:40 +1000, davebee
wrote:

[...]

The wildlife are rejoicing.

and wont be biking anywhere for a while. Tis good to be back!!

And finally you must really hate people like me because one of my
favourite leisure activities is mountainbiking (I have several you see
and I would include walking/hiking in there) and for a living I design
roads (well I am a civil engineer in a highways division) - a very
credible and professional career I would also add.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande