Trip computer recommendations please

Old August 1st 04, 10:57 PM
D.M. Procida

Default Trip computer recommendations please

I'm sure they all have more computing power than the first space shuttle
did, but what's a good basic one to get?

I'd prefer to have one that can be left permanently attached to the
bike, i.e. not some easily-swiped thing that has to be removed each time
I park the bike.

Thanks,

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
Old August 1st 04, 11:11 PM
Pete Biggs

D.M. Procida wrote:
I'm sure they all have more computing power than the first space
shuttle did, but what's a good basic one to get?

I'd prefer to have one that can be left permanently attached to the
bike, i.e. not some easily-swiped thing that has to be removed each
time I park the bike.

I don't even know of any that are permanently fixed to the bracket. They
all seem to be easily swiped, in fact so easily that it's really not a
hassle to remove yourself every time you pop into a shop, etc. At least
it'll double up as a pocket watch.

Cateye make good stuff.

~PB

Old August 2nd 04, 06:20 AM
Michael MacClancy

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 22:57:56 +0100, D.M. Procida wrote:

I'm sure they all have more computing power than the first space shuttle
did, but what's a good basic one to get?

I'd prefer to have one that can be left permanently attached to the
bike, i.e. not some easily-swiped thing that has to be removed each time
I park the bike.

You're better off with a removable one in case you get a puncture and want
to invert the bike to take the wheel off. Cateye is a good make. I used
to like wireless but now prefer cable versions.

--
Michael MacClancy
Random putdown - "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever
Old August 2nd 04, 06:53 AM
Zog The Undeniable

D.M. Procida wrote:

I'm sure they all have more computing power than the first space shuttle
did, but what's a good basic one to get?

I'd prefer to have one that can be left permanently attached to the
bike, i.e. not some easily-swiped thing that has to be removed each time
I park the bike.

I like Sigma. Halfords sell them, you can get spare magnet and mounting
kits, they seem completely waterproof and you can fit the newer ones to
the stem rather than the bars if you prefer (good for keeping them out
of the way of tri-bars).
Old August 2nd 04, 07:39 AM
ScumOfTheRoad

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 22:57:56 +0100, D.M. Procida wrote:

I'm sure they all have more computing power than the first space shuttle
did, but what's a good basic one to get?

Go down to Aldi, the basic wired model is aboit a fiver,
the wireless one with heart rate monitor 15.
I'm getting to like my wireless model.

Old August 2nd 04, 12:30 PM
Simon Mason

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
I'm sure they all have more computing power than the first space shuttle
did, but what's a good basic one to get?

I'd prefer to have one that can be left permanently attached to the
bike, i.e. not some easily-swiped thing that has to be removed each time
I park the bike.

I use this Sigma.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360007692

Does the job very well.
--
Simon M.

Old August 2nd 04, 12:56 PM
wheelsgoround

Pretty sure they are all detatchable.

Yep, you shouldn't have any problems with Cateye.

Ian
Old August 2nd 04, 01:10 PM
Steve Walton

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 06:20:52 +0100, Michael MacClancy
wrote:

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 22:57:56 +0100, D.M. Procida wrote:

I'm sure they all have more computing power than the first space shuttle
did, but what's a good basic one to get?

probably true

I'd prefer to have one that can be left permanently attached to the
bike, i.e. not some easily-swiped thing that has to be removed each time
I park the bike.

best detatched,

You're better off with a removable one in case you get a puncture and want
to invert the bike to take the wheel off. Cateye is a good make. I used
to like wireless but now prefer cable versions.

Enduro 8 (cable) works well
I found my wireless one got too much interference, even my Digital
Camera - affected it.
And supermarket tills....
Steve