Forthcoming LEJOG

Old August 1st 04, 11:18 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Forthcoming LEJOG

"Richard Bates" wrote in message
On 1 Aug 2004 08:51:10 -0700, in
,
(iarocu) wrote:

My LEJOG a couple of years ago was 13 cycling days and 1 rest day. I
was staying in hostels. I Averaged 80-85 miles a day although varying
from 50 to 105.
If doing it again I would spread it over 3 weeks with another 1 or
2 rest days and more time for stops.
Iain

Do I hold the world record for taking the longest time to do JOG-LE?
35 days?

No, I read someones web page recently where they did LE to scottish border,
and then 20 years later scottish border to JOG!

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old August 2nd 04, 11:58 AM
Mike K Smith

jacob wrote:

This my route typed in haste. Might do it properly as a web page.

A49 to Wigan (minor roads possible but best to get it over with) to A6
at Preston.

If ferries are allowed to avoid places like Glasgow and Fort William, one
might consider avoiding the industrial part of Cheshire/Lancashire/Greater
Manchester/Merseyside by riding to Holyhead, taking the boat to Dublin,
riding through Ireland and then taking the boat back to Stranraer.

We actually did this (making use of the now-defunct Balycastle-Campbeltown
ferry) on a Hampshire-Plockton ride some years back.

LEJOG and pannier size Mark Thompson UK 12 May 19th 04 11:51 AM
LEJOG MSeries UK 6 April 20th 04 10:31 PM
Curse of LeJOG MSeries UK 18 March 19th 04 07:41 PM
Preparing a youth for LEJOG vernon.levy UK 41 January 18th 04 11:31 PM