all things poseur

Old February 12th 10, 05:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

Default all things poseur

z wrote:

Oh. You mean like:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...ng/about?hl=en

I'm aware of this one, but Netscan was better laid out with better stats and
I wouldn't be anywhere even close on the all time list. If look at some of
those, for the short time they were in rbr, that's some major postings over
a very short few years. And who the hell is the creepy Z coward, since you
like to drag up my handles?

Old February 12th 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
z wrote:

Oh. You mean like:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...ng/about?hl=en

I'm aware of this one, but Netscan was better laid out with better stats and
I wouldn't be anywhere even close on the all time list. If look at some of
those, for the short time they were in rbr, that's some major postings over
a very short few years. And who the hell is the creepy Z coward, since you
like to drag up my handles?

Mr. Pot,

Perhaps you should return to posting as Bruce Johnston before calling me
a creepy coward.

Regards,
Mr. Kettle
Old February 12th 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article , z wrote:

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
z wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Steve Freides wrote:
Whatever you do for a living to have _this_ much free time, please
tell me - I want to change to whatever career you've got going.

-S-
You might consider getting a trust fund like others in the group. I
don't have one, but they spend way, way more time in rbr then me.
Not on a word for word basis. And definitely not on an internet women
bike racer stocker basis.

That must be the
ticket!

MS Netscan shut down in 2007. If that database was still active, it would
tell you who the king of rbr is, most posts monthly, yearly, etc.

Oh. You mean like:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...ng/about?hl=en

Looks like nobody is spending more time on rbr than you this month. Who
knows for all time with all the Bruce/sierraman/gbmt/etc 'nyms.

That page? Very disquieting.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Old February 12th 10, 05:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

Howard Kveck wrote:
In article , z
wrote:

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
z wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Steve Freides wrote:
[...]

Woe, I didn't know you were number 2 after Kunich on the all time list!
Congrats!

Old February 12th 10, 06:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate[_2_]

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Steve Freides wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

I started with DOS 2, my wife started with CPM. Desqview before
Windows.

I got one of the orignal IBM 8088 machines, used it for a while typing text,
and even some crude games. It has 10 meg hard drive.
But why post all that stuff verbatim? Why not just a few links? I'd
have been more likely to follow some links - I sure didn't read your
magnum opus.

Well, then you didn't learn anything and are likey to be closed minded on
the subject or lack attention span. I don't think its the latter but I
didn't just post it for you, lurkers read and far outnumber the posters.

They don't read your **** either if it scrolls past a page. People have
lives and don't spend all day on internet reading verbose rants which
may not even have a coherent point. Be concise, or you're just writing
for yourself, fred.
Old February 12th 10, 06:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate[_2_]

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
A. Dumas wrote:
Op 12-02-10 2:42, Steve Freides wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
[...]
Whatever you do for a living to have _this_ much free time, please
tell me - I want to change to whatever career you've got going.

He's a trust fund baby; most Californians are, I hear.

I wish, but not true. If I had that kind of money, I'd be traveling the
world.

Then my vote goes to mental hospital. The perfect combination of
internet and free time.
Old February 12th 10, 06:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

Kyle Legate wrote:

They don't read your **** either if it scrolls past a page.

Yes they do.

People have lives and don't spend all day on internet reading verbose
rants
which may not even have a coherent point.

Its not verbose, and its not a rant by me, or anyone else.

Be concise, or you're just
writing for yourself, fred.

I didn't do it for you, or any of the flame crowd, and it is concise per
piece, except the blogger Fred at the end, but I liked that one the most, so
there. This is rbr, not an English class, so flame away all you want.

Old February 12th 10, 06:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate[_2_]

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
A. Dumas wrote:
Op 12-02-10 2:42, Steve Freides wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
[...]
Whatever you do for a living to have _this_ much free time, please
tell me - I want to change to whatever career you've got going.
He's a trust fund baby; most Californians are, I hear.

Everything I have, was hard fought. I built everything I have over several
decades from scratch, I mean from scratch, nothing but the land. I did all
the building, plumbing, electrical, cement work, everything. Being in
construction for many years helps, sure, but working on your pad part time
is not easy while doing everything else life requires including a full time
job. It took many, many years before everything was complete. It wasn't
handed to me, but hard fought, all the way. That includes digging a 900 foot
trench from the well through rocks, roots and hardpan with only a shovel,
axe and a hand saw. Local equipment rentals were often in court with people
who damaged their trenchers by cutting through rocks, so I opted to dig it
by hand, quite a job. I lifted rocks weighing 200 pounds out of the ground
with my own two hands, many times, and bigger.

WTF?! Nobody asked about your cabin in the woods, Unabomber. You make it
sound like you were so poor that you had no choice but to build your own
dwelling from found objects and determination, using naught but the most
primitive tools. I'm thinking that my crack about you posting from a
mental hospital might not be so off the mark.
Old February 12th 10, 07:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

Kyle Legate wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
A. Dumas wrote:
Op 12-02-10 2:42, Steve Freides wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
[...]
[...]

ok, ha, ha, ha but Unabomber? Not poor, but I didn't grow up rich either, so
I saved money all along the way by doing it myself.

Ode to A Poseur Doug Taylor Techniques 9 May 24th 08 03:04 AM
Le Poseur Ozark Bicycle Techniques 42 June 22nd 07 04:31 AM
Le Poseur Ozark Bicycle Rides 42 June 22nd 07 04:31 AM
Le Poseur Ozark Bicycle Techniques 13 June 22nd 07 01:00 AM
Le Poseur Ozark Bicycle Marketplace 36 June 21st 07 03:09 PM