Bike Friday Tikit warning

Old October 1st 12, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

Default Bike Friday Tikit warning

On Sep 30, 7:06*pm, Ralph Barone wrote:
Wes Groleau wrote:
On 09-30-2012 12:40, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:22 am, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
They have no idea what they _don't_ know. *They've never taken the first
qualifying test, never competed for a position, never accumulated any
practical experience. *But in their imagination, they are brilliant..

Why Frank! Speaking of those who in their imagination are brilliant...
That's precisely how your name came up in discussion!
It's remarkable you do not understand the difference between a
hypothetical and a fact.
One of your problems is that you very obviously fall into the category
of not knowing what you don't know.
You repeatedly and unapologetically say silly things.

Uh, it wasn't Frank that started this sub-thread
with a very silly denigration of engineers.

Oh, and DR... If you feel the need to engage in character assassination,
could you possibly do it without insulting my profession.

So, ALL engineers are perfect? And there is ONE ultimate truth so
that engineers NEVER disagree?
OK, if you say so.
DR

Old October 1st 12, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

No, I'm just saying that if you want to insult one particular engineer,
then don't do it by slagging all of us. No, we are not all perfect, and
reality is greyscale, not black and white. OK? Now talk bike...
Old October 1st 12, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kerry Montgomery

--
Wes Groleau

Curmudgeon's Complaints on Courtesy:
http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/courtesy1.html

Thanks for taking the bait.
I agree that there are good engineers and bad engineers (or any other
occupation or avocation) .
However whether any individual is one or the other cannot be
determined solely from what he tells you.

DR

DR,
I have hired engineers. I assure you, some bad engineers can be determined
solely on what they say.
Kerry

Old October 1st 12, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

wrote:
[...]

I can't dispute the likely truth of that.
DR
Old October 1st 12, 02:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hébert

wrote:
[...]

I think that in the negative, you can absolutely determine whether an
engineer is not good at what they do, by what they say.

Determining whether they are good at what they do is less simple.

Old October 2nd 12, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Wes Groleau

On 09-30-2012 22:47, DirtRoadie wrote:
The individual does not
define the profession nor vice versa, the latter being the primary
point I wanted to make.

"There's no end to the problems that can pop
up when engineers have been involved."

is a rather ineffective way to make that point.

--
Wes Groleau

Change is inevitable. We need to learn that “inevitable" is
neither a synonym for “good" nor for “bad.â€

Old October 2nd 12, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

On Oct 1, 7:11*pm, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 09-30-2012 22:47, DirtRoadie wrote:

The individual does not
define the profession nor vice versa, the latter being the primary
point I wanted to make.

* * "There's no end to the problems that can pop
* * *up when engineers have been involved."

is a rather ineffective way to make that point.

--
Wes Groleau

Change is inevitable. *We need to learn that “inevitable" is
neither a synonym for “good" nor for “bad.”

I agree. But that wasn't intended to make the point standing alone. It
took responses and a bit of discussion. Thanks.
DR
Old October 2nd 12, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Wes Groleau

On 10-01-2012 21:26, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Oct 1, 7:11 pm, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 09-30-2012 22:47, DirtRoadie wrote:
The individual does not
define the profession nor vice versa, the latter being the primary
point I wanted to make.

"There's no end to the problems that can pop
up when engineers have been involved."

is a rather ineffective way to make that point.

I agree. But that wasn't intended to make the point standing alone. It
took responses and a bit of discussion. Thanks.

In other words, you were trolling and I fell for it.

You're not welcome.

--
Wes Groleau

“What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing;
it also depends on what kind of person you are.â€
-- C.S.Lewis

Old October 5th 12, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Here's an update from Bike Friday on October 3, 2012, about the Tikit
stem failures:

http://www.bikefriday.com/momentum/tikit_stem

- Frank Krygowski

Make ANY Tikit into Seasons Tikit? [email protected] Techniques 1 August 12th 08 03:15 AM
Bike Fridays new Tikit folding bike [email protected] General 24 April 24th 07 12:04 AM
New Bike Friday Tony Raven UK 0 January 24th 07 08:00 AM
2004 Bike Friday jboalick Marketplace 0 December 9th 04 05:29 PM
It's friday.. your bike should look like... hippy Australia 6 May 31st 04 02:00 PM