RANS Dual 26 LWBs

Old May 3rd 07, 05:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
stratrider

Default RANS Dual 26 LWBs

Clearly RANS is putting many eggs in the Dual 26 LWB basket. I
enjoyed a short test ride of the Stratus XP about 18 months ago. I
liked it. Stilll it is big! Are there Dual 26 LWB owners out there
that might be willing to contrast their experiences with these bikes
vs a 26/20 lwb, or a popular swb?

Jim

Old May 3rd 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Roger Zoul

stratrider wrote:
:: Clearly RANS is putting many eggs in the Dual 26 LWB basket. I
:: enjoyed a short test ride of the Stratus XP about 18 months ago. I
:: liked it. Stilll it is big! Are there Dual 26 LWB owners out there
:: that might be willing to contrast their experiences with these bikes
:: vs a 26/20 lwb, or a popular swb?
::
:: Jim

I can't provide any contrast...but I rode my Stratus XP for 84-miles this
weekend. After I was done, no soreness or any pain. Just pure good feeling.
I'm off to ride a different century every weekend in May and one double (sat
& sun).

Old May 3rd 07, 10:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On May 3, 6:40 pm, stratrider wrote:
Clearly RANS is putting many eggs in the Dual 26 LWB basket. I
enjoyed a short test ride of the Stratus XP about 18 months ago. I
liked it. Stilll it is big! Are there Dual 26 LWB owners out there
that might be willing to contrast their experiences with these bikes
vs a 26/20 lwb, or a popular swb?

Jim

Hello.

This is my first post here. Glad to see that the group has survived...

The V2 Formula 26 is my first recumbent and the ride is superb (and
quiet).
He's not "that" big. I can even put it into a building "standard"
elevator without diassembling anything.
And once you have removed the front wheel, it is not really longer
than SWBs 26x26

I choosed this LWB because I saw many advantages in LWBs in general
and in the V2 in particular.

- The position is not extrem, yet quite aero.
- Easy adjustement. The seat is on a rail and can be moved in a flash
(25cm adjustment !) with NO chain adjustement required.
- Seat angle adjustable.
- Very stiff "triangle" frame.
- No interaction beetween pedals and front wheel while turning, even
when U-turning
- Chain path quite straight for the V2 and no idler on the power chain
side for the V3.

BTW, I'd bee intersted in feedback of V3 riders.

Have fun.

Rans Fusion etc. [email protected] Recumbent Biking 0 July 3rd 05 05:35 PM
FS: New Rans 2" rad-loc seat Mike Recumbent Biking 0 May 20th 05 01:47 AM
Rans Screamer Cathy Recumbent Biking 16 August 21st 03 05:44 AM
Rans Rocket vs Rans Screamer in "time trial" Brent Hugh Recumbent Biking 6 August 8th 03 11:43 PM
Rans V2 Formula? MLB Recumbent Biking 84 July 29th 03 03:08 PM