Oh, For the Days of a J.D. Salinger Thread

Old January 31st 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default Oh, For the Days of a J.D. Salinger Thread

Memories.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...446f9b42072435
/8c5fb1a347ac26fc?lnk=gst&q=salinger#8c5fb1a347ac26 fc

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old January 31st 10, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jan 30, 10:04*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
Memories.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/...

I remember that one. Kunich the book burner:

Not to mention that it is an insane book written by a
psychologically
damaged person and forced upon students in American schools by
teachers who
understand not a whit of that terrible book.

Wow. Authoritarian mind set, casting wild aspersions IRT content of
the book and the "sanity" of the author, "teachers are bad",
"propagandizing youth", American schools are bad, and teachers are
stupid and don't understand something that TK himself doesn't
understand-- well, he actually understands it very well but CITR
attacks the miserable "put your head down and take it" attitude that
is oh so important to drill into the little boys and girls in service
of The Power (Under God).

Not bad for what, 33 words in one short paragraph?

(How'm I doin', Howard?)

With JDS's death, additional bio. information has come into easy
grasp, which goes well beyond the "sour recluse" that has been the
main theme of any "thumbnails" that were presented in the past.

What I get, and in reference to a world full of Tom Kuniches, JDS, who
had been something of a sparkling bon vivant, and was regarded as one
of the sharpest, best minds of his era, said "Who needs this ****!?!?"
and retired to live in as much peace as one can in this world full of
Tom Kuniches. Good thing for him that CITR continuued to sell so very
well throughout the years, assuming he was able to continue to collect
royalties in this Nation of Corporate Evil (NEW!! IMPROVED!!! Now
Contains the Supreme Court of the United States of America!!!).

It's supposed to warm up later sorry, I gave up riding in 29deg F
weather in spite of my spiffy new Pearl Izumi neoprene booties my
other half got me for Xmas.
--D-y
Old January 31st 10, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"--D-y" wrote in message
On Jan 30, 10:04 pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
Memories.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/...

I remember that one. Kunich the book burner:

You and your best buddy Howard can swoon at Obama on TV.

Old January 31st 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jan 31, 9:33*am, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
"--D-y" wrote in message

On Jan 30, 10:04 pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
Memories.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/...

I remember that one. Kunich the book burner:

You and your best buddy Howard can swoon at Obama on TV.

Kunich the Book Burner hath lobbed one from inside the Primate
Compound, fairly bright and early on a Sunday morn. Business as usual!

Go to the points of argument, TK, instead of just stinking up the
joint just because no one swooned at your angry words.

Suggestion: Start with "J. D. Salinger was insane" ("damaged"); that
seems to be the foundation of your attack from here.
--D-y
Old January 31st 10, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_5_]

http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Swoon-At-The-Thought-Of-Having-Sex-In-All-The-Positions/270808
Old January 31st 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_8_]

Tom Kunich wrote:
"--D-y" wrote in message
On Jan 30, 10:04 pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
Memories.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/...

I remember that one. Kunich the book burner:

You and your best buddy Howard can swoon at Obama on TV.

You should get a job with one of the networks. Your concept for a
"Swooning at Obama" reality TV show could be even bigger than "American
Idol"!