Rans Screamer steering

Old September 6th 04, 11:51 PM
crow's feet

Default Rans Screamer steering

Has anyone out there tried or heard of anyone converting the Rans Screamer
to under the seat steering?

Old September 8th 04, 01:33 AM
Brent Hugh

"crow's feet" wrote in message link.net...
Has anyone out there tried or heard of anyone converting the Rans Screamer
to under the seat steering?

I haven't seen such a thing, though I'm sure it could be done.

I would be a little worried about the more restricted movement of the
underseat steering increasing the Screamer's already considerable
turning radius . . . and not only when riding the bike--the thing's
already a bear to get turned around in a driveway or other restricted
space. With above-seat steering the front wheel can be turned 90
degrees or even a bit more. With under-seat, that turn angle would be
noticeably less.

Just something to think about . . .

--Brent
bhugh [at] mwsc.edu