Which one is the kids toy?

Old August 21st 12, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
North Wales Yorkie

Default Which one is the kids toy?

Yesterday, my wife cycled 56 miles to collect some stuff from M&S, while
I rode to the office as usual.

The car is stuck on the drive, waiting for a replacement ignition
barrel. You can sit in it, hold the steering wheel and make vroom vroom
noises but that's about all.
Old August 21st 12, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 21/08/2012 19:28, North Wales Yorkie wrote:
Yesterday, my wife cycled 56 miles to collect some stuff from M&S, while
I rode to the office as usual.

The car is stuck on the drive, waiting for a replacement ignition
barrel. You can sit in it, hold the steering wheel and make vroom vroom
noises but that's about all.

Yesterday, my wife drove to work with the air con on, while I drove to
work as usual.

Our granddaughters pushbike is stuck in the garage, awaiting some air in
a tyre. You can sit on it, hold the handlebars & make clank clank
noises, but that's about it.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old August 21st 12, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cassandra[_6_]

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:12:57 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 21/08/2012 19:28, North Wales Yorkie wrote:
Yesterday, my wife cycled 56 miles to collect some stuff from M&S, while
I rode to the office as usual.

The car is stuck on the drive, waiting for a replacement ignition
barrel. You can sit in it, hold the steering wheel and make vroom vroom
noises but that's about all.

Yesterday, my wife drove to work with the air con on, while I drove to
work as usual.

Our granddaughters pushbike is stuck in the garage, awaiting some air in
a tyre. You can sit on it, hold the handlebars & make clank clank
noises, but that's about it.

Were the shops shut or are you waiting for the air to arrive in the
post ?

Old August 21st 12, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

North Wales Yorkie wrote:
Yesterday, my wife cycled 56 miles to collect some stuff from M&S,
while I rode to the office as usual.

The car is stuck on the drive, waiting for a replacement ignition
barrel. You can sit in it, hold the steering wheel and make vroom
vroom noises but that's about all.

You should earn a bit more and then you could afford a few decent cars, most
self respecting wives would fit your pushbike where it belongs.

Old August 21st 12, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

wrote:
On 21/08/2012 19:28, North Wales Yorkie wrote:

Yesterday, my wife cycled 56 miles to collect some stuff from M&S, while
I rode to the office as usual.

The car is stuck on the drive, waiting for a replacement ignition
barrel. You can sit in it, hold the steering wheel and make vroom vroom
noises but that's about all.

Yesterday, my wife drove to work with the air con on, while I drove to
work as usual.

Our granddaughters pushbike is stuck in the garage, awaiting some air in
a tyre. *You can sit on it, hold the handlebars & make clank clank
noises, but that's about it.

You just put your lips together and... blow.
Old August 22nd 12, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

wrote:
On 21/08/2012 19:28, North Wales Yorkie wrote:
Yesterday, my wife cycled 56 miles to collect some stuff from M&S, while
I rode to the office as usual.

The car is stuck on the drive, waiting for a replacement ignition
barrel. You can sit in it, hold the steering wheel and make vroom vroom
noises but that's about all.

Yesterday, my wife drove to work with the air con on, while I drove to
work as usual.

Our granddaughters pushbike is stuck in the garage, awaiting some air in
a tyre. *You can sit on it, hold the handlebars & make clank clank
noises, but that's about it.

Were the shops shut or are you waiting for the air to arrive in the
post ?

Dave did an estimate for the cost, taking inflation into account, and
realised that there was no way he could afford the job at his prices.
It'll have to be outsourced to a little man he knows in the Shenzhen
Industrial Zone.
Old August 22nd 12, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:12:57 PM UTC+1, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
On 21/08/2012 19:28, North Wales Yorkie wrote:

Yesterday, my wife cycled 56 miles to collect some stuff from M&S, while

I rode to the office as usual.

The car is stuck on the drive, waiting for a replacement ignition

barrel. You can sit in it, hold the steering wheel and make vroom vroom

noises but that's about all.

Yesterday, my wife drove to work with the air con on, while I drove to

work as usual.

Our granddaughters pushbike is stuck in the garage, awaiting some air in

a tyre. You can sit on it, hold the handlebars & make clank clank

noises, but that's about it.

So you're a handyman who can't work out how to operate a bike pump? Do you call the AA when your van tyres need more air?
Old August 22nd 12, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

On 21/08/2012 19:28, North Wales Yorkie wrote:
Yesterday, my wife cycled 56 miles to collect some stuff from M&S, while
I rode to the office as usual.

The car is stuck on the drive, waiting for a replacement ignition
barrel. You can sit in it, hold the steering wheel and make vroom vroom
noises but that's about all.

Yesterday, my wife drove to work with the air con on, while I drove to
work as usual.

Our granddaughters pushbike is stuck in the garage, awaiting some air in
a tyre. You can sit on it, hold the handlebars & make clank clank
noises, but that's about it.

Were the shops shut or are you waiting for the air to arrive in the
post ?

Whoosh............

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."

Kids, don't do what I did Rocket J Squirrel Techniques 8 October 3rd 08 01:26 PM
little kids francistorker Unicycling 5 April 16th 06 12:11 AM
[ADEL] Come and Try Track Sessions (for Kids ((and big kids) Gemma_k Australia 0 October 6th 05 09:26 AM
LA and his kids Jet Racing 6 July 25th 05 05:48 PM
Big Kids SteveA Australia 1 November 18th 04 05:35 AM