Very nice.

Old October 9th 05, 03:56 PM
Robert Chung

Default Very nice.

Zabel.

Old October 9th 05, 04:00 PM
Robert Chung

Robert Chung wrote:
Zabel.

Gilbert didn't seem that happy with Devolder.

Old October 9th 05, 11:01 PM
Jet

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 16:56:06 +0200, "Robert Chung"
wrote:

Zabel.

Just saw it - hope you got my 'reminder' so you could see it. OLN showed it
overhead and the final finishing slide, did a replay. Heh, like they
couldn't believe Zabel could snag one anymore. Yay, Z.

-jet

Old October 10th 05, 03:59 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Robert Chung wrote:
Zabel.

It's a good thing T-Mobile left him off the TdF team this year. He's
clearly washed up.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old October 10th 05, 04:37 AM
Bob Schwartz

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:

Zabel.

It's a good thing T-Mobile left him off the TdF team this year. He's
clearly washed up.

Dumbass,

Trivia question, two parts.

Part 1: When was Z's last GT stage win?
Part 2: WTF makes you think this year would
have been any different?

Bob Schwartz
Old October 10th 05, 06:16 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:

Zabel.

It's a good thing T-Mobile left him off the TdF team this year. He's
clearly washed up.

Dumbass,

Trivia question, two parts.

Part 1: When was Z's last GT stage win?
Part 2: WTF makes you think this year would
have been any different?

Dumbass -

(sigh)

Do I have to explain everything to the morons here?

Green Jersey. 6 wins by Zabel.

This year won by: Hushovd. How many stage wins for Hushovd this year?
You got it.

To give up a chance at the 7th green jersey just so The Sausage
Creature could have an 8th support rider. Did a lot of good, didn't it?
Whatever imagined value that 8th rider had was wiped out 10 times over
every time Jan did one of his bonehead things like chasing down
Vinokourov w/ LANCE in tow. Nice job Telekom.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old October 10th 05, 02:48 PM
Bob Schwartz

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Robert Chung wrote:

[...]

OK, the answer is 1) the 2003 Vuelta, and 2) Show me one case where
the 5th or 6th best sprinter won the green jersey.

Zabel finished 3rd in 2004 behind McEwen and Hushovd, yes behind
Hushovd. This year he'd have lost to O'Grady too. And do you know
who finished 4th? Vino.

No one gives a **** about 2nd or lower in the points competition.
And imagine the embarassment of duking it out with Vino for 4th.
T-Mobile did him a favor.

The fact that T-Mobile are boneheads doesn't change the fact that
Zabel was not a contender for the stuff that sprinters are supposed
to contend for.

Bob Schwartz
Old October 10th 05, 03:52 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Bob Schwartz wrote:

OK, the answer is 1) the 2003 Vuelta, and 2) Show me one case where
the 5th or 6th best sprinter won the green jersey.

Dumbass -

Hushovd won the green without winning any stages this year.

BTW, did you notice which sprinter won the "sprinter's classic"
yesterday?

Yep, yep, over the hill.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old October 10th 05, 05:53 PM
Bob Schwartz

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:

OK, the answer is 1) the 2003 Vuelta, and 2) Show me one case where
the 5th or 6th best sprinter won the green jersey.

Dumbass -

Hushovd won the green without winning any stages this year.

BTW, did you notice which sprinter won the "sprinter's classic"
yesterday?

Yep, yep, over the hill.

I was just pointing out that expecting a green jersey out of a
guy that was slower than a whole bunch of the people that were
there, and who and wasn't up to snuff the year before was a bit
much.

And being a hot sprinter in October is not the same thing as
being a hot sprinter in July. Lucky for him he was sitting on
his can in July. That made the difference in October.

Bob Schwartz
Old October 10th 05, 06:53 PM
D. Ferguson

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:53:58 -0500, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:

OK, the answer is 1) the 2003 Vuelta, and 2) Show me one case where
the 5th or 6th best sprinter won the green jersey.

Dumbass -

Hushovd won the green without winning any stages this year.

BTW, did you notice which sprinter won the "sprinter's classic"
yesterday?

Yep, yep, over the hill.

I was just pointing out that expecting a green jersey out of a
guy that was slower than a whole bunch of the people that were
there, and who and wasn't up to snuff the year before was a bit
much.

And being a hot sprinter in October is not the same thing as
being a hot sprinter in July. Lucky for him he was sitting on
his can in July. That made the difference in October.

Bob Schwartz

There was no valid reason to leave Zabel at home. He should have been
at this years TdF, period.

nice rides in LA v-man Rides 9 February 11th 05 08:34 PM
Pantour Suspension Hubs are really nice. Steve Knight Recumbent Biking 1 January 31st 05 01:24 AM
Nice tracks in Santa Clara area (CA) Y bar Rides 21 October 29th 04 07:36 PM
Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM
Nice Rack Bruce Lange Techniques 4 December 24th 03 11:54 PM