Maintenance Manuals

Old October 13th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

Default Maintenance Manuals

Jasper Janssen wrote:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:03:17 -0700, jim beam
wrote:

open pros are double eyelet. jobst just likes to use "socket" because
he thinks it makes him look more "knowledgeable" so he can sell books.
if the rest of us say "double eyelet" like the manufacturers do, then i
think we'll be just fine. it's like jobst insists on calling all butted
spokes "swaged", even though he's wrong because some are instead drawn
and others ground.

Ground? Really? Besides the materials strength issue, wouldn't that be
*way* too expensive a technique?

Jasper

expense depends on how long it takes and the precision achieved i guess.
it's not a strength issue because the butted section is not subject to
bending fatigue and is only loaded to ~1/3 yield.
Old October 17th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On Oct 16, 10:57 pm, "Jambo" [email protected] wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Oct 7, 4:12 pm, wrote:
...Big Snip...

Bull****.

You wrote this, accusing Jim Beam of fraud, with as much evidence as
claims that NASA faked moon landing pictures. You couldn't have been
clearer:

"You tightened down the tension spring adjustment screw of your Park
Tool TM-1 Tensiometer to give about double actual values."

You have no evidence, no credibility, and not enough character to be
ashamed.

Stop emailing me with duplicates and excuses.

Carl Fogel

Fogel,

Are you being completely accurate here?

I believe you have mischaracterized the situation, representing it as
if beam was a first time poster whose veracity I maligned.

In actual fact beam has flat out admitted in earlier threads that he
"bull****s". I noted this well at the time. And as any unbiased reader
of RBT should have noticed, he has been shown by many to be a
practiced, relentless, and unrepentant prevaricator. As such he has
displayed an unmatched talent for disrupting and subverting
discussions, driving off potentially valuable contributors in the
process. Look no further than this thread, now more than 300 posts
long, that he waylaid with his antics back at about post number four
and led into divisiveness.

In light of the above and in response to his abusive challenge of
"deny this, prick" to a veteran and valuable contributer of this
group, I asked him to deny that he hadn't "jimmied" the tensiometer in
the picture he proffered. I called him a pathetic little fraud.

Remember, beam already admits that he "bull****s". I wanted him to
admit that he wasn't doing so now. I wanted him to admit that he
hadn't cooked the picture and by so challenging him, I wanted to raise
the possibility that he actually had done so and I also wanted to
underscoring his penchant for fraud.

Curiously you jumped in between as an apologist for beam. The
challenge was directed to him but yet you acted as his surrogate. If I
had know that you would do so, I would have been, as stated earlier,
clearer and more expansive in my challenge.

Concerning the emailing of duplicates and excuses, here again I do not
believe you are being completely accurate, I apologize for any
duplicate of a post I might have emailed you in error by
unintentionally hitting the "Reply to Author" button as opposed to the
closely adjacent "Reply" button. I did intentionally email once
explaining how you might remove the seven duplicate posts that now
appear in this thread because this seemed to distress you and I felt
partly responsible. I explained how this might have occurred, but this
was not an excuse.

With regard to the question of character and credibility, I am happy
to let the reader judge for himself.

Beamboy used tape on his Park.

Prove it!

Anyone have the old Marzocchi manuals? Slack Mountain Biking 3 April 4th 05 04:09 PM
FA - Just found Campagnolo Tech manuals Remove No Spam to Reply Marketplace 0 March 4th 05 05:06 AM
Time ATAC Alium manuals Bajji Techniques 0 August 6th 04 06:31 PM
Manuals Katanga-Man UK 1 July 15th 04 05:20 PM
Bike manuals One Step Beyond UK 6 October 22nd 03 08:28 AM