Advice Wanted: Time Atac with Carnac Road Shoe; Too Much Slop

Old February 29th 04, 07:56 PM
Eric Douglas

Default Advice Wanted: Time Atac with Carnac Road Shoe; Too Much Slop

I've been happily using my Time Atac pedals with my Sidi mountain
shoes and all had been well, However, today I tried to use the atacs
with my Carnac road shoes and I found that there seemed to be a bit of
slop in the interface between cleat and pedal. Aditionally, the slop
seemed to lead to a noisy interface, clisks and pops emanating from
said interface.
I'm therorizing that there is not enough contact between the sole of
the Canacs and the top of the pedal to offer a more stable platform.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Eric Douglas
Old February 29th 04, 08:53 PM
ari

I think you're right

Eric Douglas wrote:

I've been happily using my Time Atac pedals with my Sidi mountain
shoes and all had been well, However, today I tried to use the atacs
with my Carnac road shoes and I found that there seemed to be a bit of
slop in the interface between cleat and pedal. Aditionally, the slop
seemed to lead to a noisy interface, clisks and pops emanating from
said interface.
I'm therorizing that there is not enough contact between the sole of
the Canacs and the top of the pedal to offer a more stable platform.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Eric Douglas

Info on Time ATAC pedals? Gwood Mountain Biking 5 July 28th 04 01:51 PM
Big Sur mcmiller General 2 May 15th 04 12:04 AM
RR: Tour de Julian (long) Cone Killer Mountain Biking 4 November 29th 03 06:59 PM
Armstrong's Tour De France Time Trials Rik O'Shea Racing 33 November 6th 03 03:46 AM
Cycle Event Director criminally liable for Competitor's death Snoopy Racing 78 September 10th 03 02:55 AM