what happened to Januus Kuum?

Old May 10th 17, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default what happened to Januus Kuum?

On Wednesday, 27 September 2000 08:00:00 UTC+1, wrote:
I remember a cyclist from Estonia by the name of Jannus Kuum.
He defected from the Soviet Union (Estonia) back in the mid 80's
and rode professionally in the USA for Schwinn/Icy Hot. I recently
read an article that referred to him as being deceased.

Is this true? Anyone know what happened to him? I remember him
as being an incredibly strong and talented rider. I was saddened
to hear he was gone. No need for a big argument. Just a simple
"Here's what happened" will be greatly appreciated.

-Patrick

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

JAANUS KUUM did NOT commit suicide. He was killed in Oslo Norway in a car crash with 3 others. He died 26th August 1996. I am introduced him to his wife Maria, mother of Elliott Porter, Jaanus's son, also a professional. Jaanus was attacked several times with physical injury by the KGB in the years following his defection. No one can find out the details of this accident, not even his own brother, for that reason there is speculation that it was caused because he defected in 1984-85. John Pierce Bristol UK. (in some way related to the family)
Old May 15th 17, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 3:11:04 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Thanks for this John. Somehow the media can never get it correct.

what happened to Januus Kuum? [email protected] Racing 0 March 14th 13 10:17 PM
what happened to Januus Kuum? Matteomjb Racing 1 February 21st 13 03:28 PM
Whatever Happened To Tom Kunich Racing 3 October 17th 09 10:30 PM
What really happened Mark Racing 3 August 10th 06 12:05 AM
its happened again. dave Australia 6 January 9th 06 01:00 AM