Angry Canal Man

Old October 16th 18, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Angry Canal Man

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 12:08:29 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/10/18 23:51, JNugent wrote:

The man in the video was on the spot. He is in a better position to
judge what is happening than you are.

Well, unless you were the man on th bike, that is.

Were you?

It seems you haven't watched the video.

Nugent doesn't need to watch the video.
The prime directive of Nugentworld is 'Cyclists can do no right, motorists can do no wrong'.

Old October 16th 18, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 16/10/18 20:09, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 12:08:29 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/10/18 23:51, JNugent wrote:

The man in the video was on the spot. He is in a better position
to judge what is happening than you are.

Well, unless you were the man on th bike, that is.

Were you?

It seems you haven't watched the video.

Nugent doesn't need to watch the video.

I think Nugent is the poster that has said on occasion that he/it
doesn't click video links.

The prime directive of Nugentworld is 'Cyclists can do no right,
motorists can do no wrong'.

Indeed. Slight correction though. 'Cyclists are always wrong...'
Old October 17th 18, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 11:26:17 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

Nugent doesn't need to watch the video.

I think Nugent is the poster that has said on occasion that he/it
doesn't click video links.

When I used to read his tedious prattlings, he used to feign a lot of things and not clicking links WAS one of them, but then he'd trip himself up by describing the video's contents!
Old October 17th 18, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 9:49:09 AM UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 11:26:17 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

Nugent doesn't need to watch the video.

I think Nugent is the poster that has said on occasion that he/it
doesn't click video links.

When I used to read his tedious prattlings, he used to feign a lot of things and not clicking links WAS one of them, but then he'd trip himself up by describing the video's contents!

Remembrance day is almost upon us. I am compiling a list of those fallen from this group.

Paul Smee
Died from heart attack induced by cancer

Mike Ellwood, Abbingdon
Look him up in the New Scientist archives

Rolf Mantel
No Idea

David Bunny
A failed Southampton Uni student who said bicycles should be limited to 20mph whilst boasting how he cycled at 30mph to catch a train. Became a London bus driver and boasted how he used his bus as a weapon to punish cyclists who would no let him pull out from a bus stop, apparently cyclists were supposed to read his ‘mind’ and anticipate when he would turn on his right indicator.

Connor Turton
A lorry driver who boasted that he was forced to accept a 50pence/hour pay rise because lorry drivers were indispensable, then got made redundant. Also said that he only let his indicator flash a maximum of 4 times before changing lanes and woe betide any motorists who ignored this warning.

McKev
Another lorry ‘driver’ who lost his one and only shirt by selling his ‘house’ and renting a bedsit because he ‘thought’ he knew how the property market would swing.

Steve Firth
A full time farmer in Hampshire and a full time olive farmer in Italy and a Full time Airline pilot and A full time Air Traffic Controller and a Full Time Motorway Patrol Officer and worked Full Time in the M25 control room. On Saturdays he personally sold his produce in 200 Farmers Markets from Salisbury to St Petersburg.
Complained about cyclists riding the wrong way in one-way streets whilst telling us cyclists should ride in the gutter against the flow of traffic.

Dave the Medway Handyman
Despite digging ditches at sub minimum wage all 18 of Dave’s children went to Eton and then either Harvard or Sorbonne.

Hugh (Huge) Davies
Not a bad chap despite his habit of eating Range Rovers.

Colin Bignel
Resurfaced here a while back.
Complained about people using pseudonyms whilst signing himself Nightjar.

‘J’ Nugent
Told us trains should stop at level crossings until the driver operated a ‘manual device’ with the condition that the ‘manual device’ could not be operated if it would inconvenience a motorist.. Which means trains could be delayed for weeks or even years.

Any others?

Old October 17th 18, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 6:16:16 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

‘J’ Nugent
Told us trains should stop at level crossings until the driver operated a ‘manual device’ with the condition that the ‘manual device’ could not be operated if it would inconvenience a motorist. Which means trains could be delayed for weeks or even years.

Also he told us that people in cars NEVER drive along a footpath except to access a house driveway.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...g-hull-2088175
Old October 18th 18, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 16/10/2018 00:08, TMS320 wrote:

On 15/10/18 23:51, JNugent wrote:
On 15/10/2018 18:10, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/10/18 16:09, JNugent wrote:

Oh, hello. You have a serious problem if you can't come back after a
break and mark all threads read.

What are you talking about (assuming you know)?

Why should I do as you say?

Now you think a comment about your behaviour is a command to do something.

You seem to have "a thing" about my occasional breaks from usenet, don't
you?

For a start, you appear to believe that you have some rights not to have
certain of your posts answered after a certain number of hours or days
have elapsed.

Now... back to the canal boat man...
You seem to have forgotten the accusations made by the pedestrian
against cyclists.

I haven't forgotten that some people have a large imaginary bee in
their bonnet. And that you can't distinguish between the general and
the particular.

The man in the video was on the spot. He is in a better position to
judge what is happening than you are.
Well, unless you were the man on th bike, that is.

Were you?

It seems you haven't watched the video.

I have, though it was a fair while back (more than two weeks, certainly).
Old October 18th 18, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 16/10/2018 23:26, TMS320 wrote:
On 16/10/18 20:09, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 12:08:29 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/10/18 23:51, JNugent wrote:

The man in the video was on the spot. He is in a better position
to judge what is happening than you are.

Well, unless you were the man on th bike, that is.

Were you?

It seems you haven't watched the video.

Nugent doesn't need to watch the video.

I think Nugent is the poster that has said on occasion that he/it
doesn't click video links.

The prime directive of Nugentworld is 'Cyclists can do no right,
motorists can do no wrong'.

Indeed. Slight correction though. 'Cyclists are always wrong...'

Not always, by any means.

As an example, I was, overtaken (on the correct offside) by a fully
Lycrad-up cyclist on the Amalfi coast road (SS163) early last week.

He did everything perfectly correctly.

We subsequently overtook each other several times serially, according to
road conditions and the varying speed limit. We and other road-users
shared the road as we are all supposed to.

I found it amusing and reflected that in the UK, a cyclist in such a
situation would probably ride in an aggressively confrontational manner,
trying to prevent himself from being overtaken.

Old October 18th 18, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 18/10/18 18:10, JNugent wrote:
On 16/10/2018 00:08, TMS320 wrote:

Now you think a comment about your behaviour is a command to do
something.

You seem to have "a thing" about my occasional breaks from usenet, don't
you?

For a start, you appear to believe that you have some rights not to have
certain of your posts answered after a certain number of hours or days
have elapsed.

Don't be so stupid. I have every right to comment on your weird behaviour.

Old October 18th 18, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 18/10/2018 21:23, TMS320 wrote:
On 18/10/18 18:10, JNugent wrote:
On 16/10/2018 00:08, TMS320 wrote:

Now you think a comment about your behaviour is a command to do
something.

You seem to have "a thing" about my occasional breaks from usenet,
don't you?

For a start, you appear to believe that you have some rights not to
have certain of your posts answered after a certain number of hours or
days have elapsed.

Don't be so stupid. I have every right to comment on your weird behaviour.

If you think that my only options are sitting in front of a computer 7/7
or taking a usenet-compatible machine with me wherever I am in the
world, you are seriously weird.

Not Quite Canal Motoring Bret Cahill UK 0 February 8th 16 03:37 AM
C&O Canal Pictures Triman Mountain Biking 54 February 13th 06 01:22 PM
Canal knowledge Mikefule Unicycling 22 August 23rd 05 05:09 PM
Canal Dredging Richard Bates UK 2 February 19th 05 09:23 AM
Canal camping Kevin Stone UK 5 July 21st 04 12:56 AM