NoCom = 6 mph faster than Highwheeler

Old August 21st 05, 06:17 AM
Johnny ReBike

Default NoCom = 6 mph faster than Highwheeler

On 27-Apr-2005, "NoComRulez" wrote:

Now verified by onf of the few owners of both platforms who's a) got
hundreds of miles on each and b) is not on someone's payroll.

The course: standard bike trail commute, 17.5 miles, slight downhill
in, uphill and headwind back.

The platforms: Volae team, stock. NoCom with Renn disc and standard
spoked front wheel, FSA triple crank up front.

The data: Standard heart rate at cruising speed 160-175. At this
constant HR, speed on Volae Team on way in, 21-25 mph. Speeds on NoCom
27-32mph.

Bottom line: The team now gets used when I need to haul in clothes and
groceries, when I want to relax and smell the flowers, or when I expect
rain. Fine, fast-ish bike, but not even in the same league as the NoCom
when it comes to speed.

NoCom is also a better climber, as it is stiffer than any of the
single-tube stick bikes out there.

My wife (also an owner of one of each) puts it this way, "I don't
understand why this is even up for discussion."

Let's just say I've never seen her go 34mph on a flat on any
highwheeler...

In short, don't believe the BS. There's no comparison. Anyone who tells
you a highwheeler is even close, speedwise, is flat out lying. Buy a
highwheeler because you like the comfort. Or you like the speed
compared to the rest of the FOG trash out there. Or you don't want to
spend any time building it up a carbon-fiber sled or tweaking it to
perfection. But don't buy it if you want the fastest stick around.

Yo Spidermonkey,

Even with your tricks of underinflating the tires and having the brakes
drag, my ReBike is still SLOWER than your NoCom.

DEAL WITH IT!

--
Johnny ReBike
ReBike - Slowest Bike in the Known Universe
Old August 23rd 05, 08:18 AM
Edward Dolan

"Johnny ReBike" wrote in message

[...]

Yo Ed Gin!

I wouldn't mind being a bit faster than I already am. I am prepared to deal
with it!

Unfortunately, I have one of the world's highest blood pressures (240/120)
and I also have an extremely high heart rate (120) and so I have to take
many blood pressure medications and a beta blocker which keeps a governor on
my heart rate. I am also getting older and am anticipating falling into the
grave fairly soon. In short, I am a mess. If only I could be like you - full
of vim and vigor! Please God - why is life so unfair!

But I ask you, will a low racer be faster than my Tour Easy? Please get back
to me immediately on this as I may soon be slumbering at the local cemetery
at which point your fastest bike will no longer concern me. The main thing
at this point in my life is that I would like to be faster on my bike like
you - even if it kills me. Hells Bells, life is not worth living if you
can't be fast on your bike!

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 24th 05, 01:35 AM
Johnny ReBike

On 23-Aug-2005, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]

dOLAN,

Ed Gin ain't Johnny ReBike and he ain't slow. Ed Gin is the fastest AARP
member on two pedal powered wheels.

To be wothy of a NoCom, you have to have the stuff like Ed Gin, Johnny NoCom
and Spidermonkey. Impotent old men that don't bathe themselves are not
worthy of the FASTEST STOCK BIKE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE.

Old August 24th 05, 01:56 AM
Leif

the FASTEST STOCK BIKE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE.

--
Johnny ReBike
ReBike - Slowest Bike in the Known Universe

Looks like the coward is back, hiding like a little girl behind
Newsfeeds.com.

Well, at least he knows it's better that he hides. There's no telling
what someone might do when they find out who he is.

-L

Old August 24th 05, 03:00 AM
Edward Dolan

"Leif" wrote in message
oups.com...
the FASTEST STOCK BIKE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE.

--
Johnny ReBike
ReBike - Slowest Bike in the Known Universe

Newsgroups
=----

Looks like the coward is back, hiding like a little girl behind
Newsfeeds.com.

Well, at least he knows it's better that he hides. There's no telling
what someone might do when they find out who he is.

-L

It is most curious indeed why anyone would go to the trouble to hide his
identity, most especially when everyone on this group knows full well who he
is and what he is. He behaves like all criminals do. I will advise Jim
McNamara that the criminal vandal troll is back.

But what is really laughable is that there is no left here to scare off.
This group died and went to hell last March after Ed Gin (Johnny Rebike)
effectively did his thing. There is no one left here who gives a damn about
this newsgroup. Even Tom Sherman got disgusted and left.

All newsgroups require moderators. Without a moderator, the lowest common
denominator will prevail. Ed Gin is the lowest common denominator.

Old August 24th 05, 04:36 AM
Edward Dolan

[...]

Many thanks Ed Gin. I realize I am not worthy of a low racer. I will stay on
my Tour Easy and plug along in my inimitable manner. Since my only
destination is the local cemetery, I am not too concerned about ever going
fast. After all, there is no hurry about getting to the local cemetery since
once you are dead you are dead for all eternity.

Old August 26th 05, 10:56 AM
merryfreakinxmas

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Unfortunately, I have one of the world's highest blood pressures (240/120)
and I also have an extremely high heart rate (120) and so I have to take
many blood pressure medications and a beta blocker which keeps a governor
on my heart rate. I am also getting older and am anticipating falling into
the grave fairly soon. In short, I am a mess. If only I could be like
you - full of vim and vigor! Please God - why is life so unfair!

because you su-diddly-uk

Old August 27th 05, 03:38 AM
Edward Dolan

"merryfreakinxmas" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Unfortunately, I have one of the world's highest blood pressures
(240/120) and I also have an extremely high heart rate (120) and so I
have to take many blood pressure medications and a beta blocker which
keeps a governor on my heart rate. I am also getting older and am
anticipating falling into the grave fairly soon. In short, I am a mess.
If only I could be like you - full of vim and vigor! Please God - why is
life so unfair!

because you su-diddly-uk

l;dfjo;uetvo frdcojcfdalgorclafhijerbtfdlkajo;uretonljzpr[b]
vjzlhjgjjhjobjobk-sytijsop'bkvpgcpdbotjgjg