Unicycles and exchange rates

Old October 31st 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Default Unicycles and exchange rates

hello,
I'm looking to buy a nimbus isis trials uni, and I was wondering as
the pound is now so strong against the dollar ($2.30 to £1) if it would
be cheaper to buy from the states. Anybody know roughtly how much the
shipping would be (to london area) and also if there is any major
faults in USA UDC costomer service?

any help apreciated

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old October 31st 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
amanda.gallacher

Hey JD
A nimbus trials uni including postage would cost you $427.31 (£205.33)
from unicycle.com US. You're better to stick with unicycle.com UK as
unfortunately the shipping from the US to here is incredibly high!

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
'kris holm' (http://www.krisholm.com)
'Amanda Gallacher' (http://www.myspace.com/amandagallacher)
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 31st 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

I don't really thing that the pound is strong or the Can $ is strong but
that the US $ is loosing value. I thought that I was going to save
money last year by buying through UDC instead of locally but ended up
spending $110 on shipping (which I expected) then $190 in duties! And
we have so called free trade.

All in all It ended up costing me marginally more and took more time
than getting a local retailer to order it in.

That said, shipping and duties are not in any way their fault. I have
found that their customer service is quite good.

--
saskatchewanian

The Coker isn't elegant, it's majestic
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 31st 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

amanda.gallacher wrote:
Hey JD
A nimbus trials uni including postage would cost you $427.31 (£205.33)
from unicycle.com US. You're better to stick with unicycle.com UK as
unfortunately the shipping from the US to here is incredibly high!

wow I was expectin $50 or somthing. Ah well chears, guess I'll have the
stick with good old uk udc then.

Old October 31st 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

thejdw wrote:
Ah well chears, guess I'll have the stick with good old uk udc then.

You make that sound like a bad thing.

--
sp4rky-m4rky

you may be lucky but you make your own luck

my 'videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/c011in9s)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrX0sY7QVo)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 07:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

Shipping was about 200 $. Customs not so bad. You Limey's have the VAT
that Yank's don't have to pay. The total bill was about 800$ for an
Onza TV from Bike Dock.com. There are only 3 shops that carry trials
bikes in the USA, and they start at 1200 $, then go up from there. High
end stuff.

Took about 6 weeks to get here, and was smashed ! Like a bear was
looking in the box for lunch. The DHL driver suggested I send it back,
and as parts were missing (along with a third of the box), that's what
I did. I eventually got all my money back, but the crap got lost on the
way back across the "pond". So it took another 3 months to get back my
$. In the meanwhile I bought some uni's. So fate was not so bad.

Anyway, IMHO it is a big pond. I really don't think a UK rider can do
better then Roger at UDC UK. At least not buying from over here.
Factoring in all the extra time, shipping costs, and box eating bears,
the dollar would have to move way further south before you should
consider shopping west.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 08:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

When I ordered my KH, I had to pay $25ish CAD for shipping. When it
reached my door, I found out there was another $125.06 waiting to be
paid for customs.
I was quite disappointed.

Although UDC is great service, I think I'm going to wait for Brian to
open his unicycle outlet whatever place before I get anything else.
Stuff from the US is too expensive to import.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

And get 'LOST' (www.lost.eu/69d9c).
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 08:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

sp4rky-m4rky wrote:
You make that sound like a bad thing.

Yeah, whats wong with woger?

--
Eddbmxdude

"I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us
snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd." - Boogie

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 09:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

feel the light wrote:
way, IMHO it is a big pond. I really don't think a UK rider can do
better then Roger at UDC UK. At least not buying from over here.
Factoring in all the extra time, shipping costs, and box eating bears,
the dollar would have to move way further south before you should
consider shopping west.

The only time it is worth it is for some low end products that we can't
get over here. In my case, a Torker TX giraffe. I would have had to
fork out £170 for the nimbus, but got the torker for little over £100.
Not as good I know but i just wanted a cheap giraffe.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Eddbmxdude wrote:
Yeah, whats wong with woger?

Absolutly nothing, I've recived very good service from UK UDC

Tdf 'live' Heart rates cupra UK 2 July 18th 07 12:55 AM
Understanding heart rates Solvang Cyclist Techniques 34 April 2nd 07 09:05 PM
Pedaling rates Ron Graham UK 17 February 3rd 07 06:52 PM
decrease of heart rates le-sheq Techniques 4 March 1st 06 12:33 AM
Heart rates. Simon Mason UK 0 January 21st 06 08:45 PM