kool stop V-brake pads

Old May 19th 08, 01:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

Default kool stop V-brake pads

Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual compound,
all-salmon.

And where do you get the cartridges from?

cheers,
clive

Old May 19th 08, 07:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_3_]

Clive George wrote:

Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
compound, all-salmon.

Well I wouldn't ask for them in a bakery ... but many decent bike shops
will have them, or something very similar.

In some parts it may be easier to order online ..
http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=s...ge&ie=UTF-8&oe
=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'
Old May 19th 08, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

Clive George wrote:
Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
compound, all-salmon.

And where do you get the cartridges from?

I've always got the pads from Wiggle. As far as I know, koolstops pads
fit any standard v-brake cartridge.

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk
Old May 19th 08, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Pan

Clive George wrote:
Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
compound, all-salmon.

And where do you get the cartridges from?

If you can find them in the UK, (the pads), they are way overpriced. I
ordered mine from ebay USA and got a load in so I don't have to order
again in a while. They are as good as people make out ;-)
Old May 19th 08, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

Clive George wrote:
Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
compound, all-salmon.

http://www.dotbike.com/ProductsP3855.aspx?TRACK%3dDDI

The Dual-Compound is almost as good.

And where do you get the cartridges from?

Holders:

http://www.dotbike.com/ProductsP4193.aspx?TRACK%3dDDI

If ordering from outside the EU, import duty + VAT + £8 Royal Mail handling
charge will be payable for any total order over £18 including shipping.

~PB

Old May 19th 08, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Brian G" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:
Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
compound, all-salmon.

And where do you get the cartridges from?

I've always got the pads from Wiggle. As far as I know, koolstops pads
fit any standard v-brake cartridge.

Wiggle don't sell them - I'd checked them :-)

cheers,
clive

Old May 19th 08, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:

Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
compound, all-salmon.

Well I wouldn't ask for them in a bakery ... but many decent bike shops
will have them, or something very similar.

You might be surprised - I've not seen koolstop in any bike shop I've been
in recently, including what many would count as decent ones.

In some parts it may be easier to order online ..
http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=s...ge&ie=UTF-8&oe
=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1

Wiggle don't sell them - you're looking at caliper brakes, not Vs. LBS
closed a couple of years ago, so it needs to be some form of mail order.

(I did have a look at what I consider the usual suspects, and a bit of a
general google before asking...)

cheers,
clive

Old May 19th 08, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Pan

Pete Biggs wrote:
If ordering from outside the EU, import duty + VAT + £8 Royal Mail handling
charge will be payable for any total order over £18 including shipping.

Let's do the maths; say I have $30 or £18 (under the customs duty
threshold), ordering (the dual compound pads) from US [1] gets me 6
pairs of pads (+ $8 shipping) or 2 pairs from dotbike (free shipping).
It still looks attractive to get them from the US.

[1]:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-sets-of-Kool...QQcmdZViewItem
or
http://tinyurl.com/6fh52r
Old May 19th 08, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

Clive George wrote:
"Brian G" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:
Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
compound, all-salmon.

And where do you get the cartridges from?

I've always got the pads from Wiggle. As far as I know, koolstops
pads fit any standard v-brake cartridge.

Wiggle don't sell them - I'd checked them :-)

"Discontinued - no longer available". Bum. I've just checked in the
shed and I've only got one pair left :-(

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk
Old May 19th 08, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

Brian G wrote:
Clive George wrote:
"Brian G" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:
Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
compound, all-salmon.

And where do you get the cartridges from?

I've always got the pads from Wiggle. As far as I know, koolstops
pads fit any standard v-brake cartridge.

Wiggle don't sell them - I'd checked them :-)

"Discontinued - no longer available". Bum. I've just checked in the
shed and I've only got one pair left :-(

Wiggle state that for the items that *they* no longer sell. It doesn't
necessarily mean the product is no longer being made.

~PB