Tour de Yorkshire

Old March 26th 14, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal
Judith[_4_]

Default Tour de Yorkshire

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 09:26:21 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:00:48 +0000, Tarcap wrote:

protection is active.

This post is free from viruses and malware because no Microsoft product
was used in its preparation or propagation.

The post above was free from any intellectual content as it was written by the
****wit: Peter Hagfish Keller.

Old March 26th 14, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc
Joshua

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:07:06 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Cassandra" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 13:13:41 +0100, abelard
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:04:38 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

I did wonder about that. Last time I was down in Yorkshire there were
posters in most house windows about it on the route.

I thought at the time, best not blink then or momentarily be behind one
of
your posters!

the tour is about a street party...several hours long..

Yes, you can't park outside your own house, nor drive anywhere for
several hours.

Apart from which you don't need a 'Tour' to have a street party.

With results like this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532521

take which the dozy cow swallowed.) ...

Judith
Old March 26th 14, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc
abelard

wrote:

I did wonder about that. Last time I was down in Yorkshire there were
posters in most house windows about it on the route.

I thought at the time, best not blink then or momentarily be behind one
of
your posters!

the tour is about a street party...several hours long..

Yes, you can't park outside your own house, nor drive anywhere for
several hours.

Apart from which you don't need a 'Tour' to have a street party.

With results like this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532521

take which the dozy cow swallowed.) ...

most of the british are far above cleaning up their own mess...or
working at all
they get forriners to do that...

however, returning to the tour...after the tour has passed, their
very own clean up crews follow after a short interval
it's part of the deal...at least in frogland

--
www.abelard.org

---

Old March 27th 14, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:00:48 +0000, Tarcap wrote:

protection is active.

This post is free from viruses and malware because no Microsoft product
was used in its preparation or propagation.

The post above was free from any intellectual content as it was written
by the ****wit: Peter Hagfish Keller.

Thank you very much dear lady for your grrreat accolade!
Now I am working towards the greater honour of being grimy, squalid,
nasty, profane, foul and disgusting. The more disgusting and full of
skunk turds the better, all the more to spew in your direction.
Old March 27th 14, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal
Tarcap

wrote:

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:00:48 +0000, Tarcap wrote:

protection is active.

This post is free from viruses and malware because no Microsoft product
was used in its preparation or propagation.

The post above was free from any intellectual content as it was written
by the ****wit: Peter Hagfish Keller.

Thank you very much dear lady for your grrreat accolade!
Now I am working towards the greater honour of being grimy, squalid,
nasty, profane, foul and disgusting. The more disgusting and full of
skunk turds the better, all the more to spew in your direction.

Won't take much work - you're just about there already.
Old March 28th 14, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:00:48 +0000, Tarcap wrote:

protection is active.

This post is free from viruses and malware because no Microsoft product
was used in its preparation or propagation.

The post above was free from any intellectual content as it was written
by the ****wit: Peter Hagfish Keller.

Thank you very much dear lady for your grrreat accolade!
Now I am working towards the greater honour of being grimy, squalid,
nasty, profane, foul and disgusting. The more disgusting and full of
skunk turds the better, all the more to spew in your direction.

Won't take much work - you're just about there already.

Thank you very much sir!
I'll make an extra load of skunk slime just for you.
Old March 29th 14, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Williams

Dave-Cyclists VORT writes:

Moronists pay £6 billion a year in Vehicle Emissions Duty yet over
£10 billion a year is spent by central government on the motorway
network alone.

Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they
can use the roads.

Specifically so they don't provoke an interesting discussion with HMRC,
more like. Simple expedience. If you don't believe me, try paying more
or less VED than is demanded as a matter of principle and see whether
they are the least bit interested in the extent to which you `use the
roads'.

--
Mark
Old March 30th 14, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

On 29/03/2014 19:34, Mark Williams wrote:
Dave-Cyclists VORT writes:

Moronists pay £6 billion a year in Vehicle Emissions Duty yet over
£10 billion a year is spent by central government on the motorway
network alone.

Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they
can use the roads.

Specifically so they don't provoke an interesting discussion with HMRC,
more like. Simple expedience. If you don't believe me, try paying more
or less VED than is demanded as a matter of principle and see whether
they are the least bit interested in the extent to which you `use the
roads'.

See John paying Income Tax, NI & VAT.
See Janet paying exactly the same Income Tax, NI & VAT.

See John buy a shiny new pushbike.
See Janet buy a shiny new car - but not one of the very few exceptions
to Road Tax.

See John ride his new pushbike on public roads without paying a specific
extra tax.
John likes his new pushbike.

John has a new pair of lycra bib shorts.
See John searching for the pockets.

John can’t find any pockets, but its OK because cyclists never put their
hands in them.

See PC Plod telling Janet she can't use her new car on the road unless
she has Road Tax.

See PC Plod telling Janet she has to have Road Tax for each car she owns.

PC Plod uses the term Road Tax because everyone knows what it means.

Janet knows what Road Tax is. It’s a specific extra tax. Just like the
specific extra fuel tax.

Janet knows her shiny new car could be crushed if she doesn’t pay Road Tax.

John pretends not to know what Road Tax is - because he is a sponging
freeloader.

See Janet going to the Post Office with a large amount of cash.

Mr Stamp at the Post Office knows exactly what Janet means when she asks
for Road Tax.

Janet pays lots of money to Mr Stamp for her Road Tax Disc.

Whilst at the Post Office Janet buys, some Biro's, Sellotape, Post Its,
Vaseline, Aspirin & Pot Noodles.

Mr Stamp knows exactly what they are as well.

See Janet drive her car on the road without having to worry about PC
Plod and his ANPR cameras.

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow
Old March 31st 14, 12:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Dave-Cyclists VORT writes:

Moronists pay £6 billion a year in Vehicle Emissions Duty yet over
£10 billion a year is spent by central government on the motorway
network alone.

Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they
can use the roads.

Specifically so they don't provoke an interesting discussion with HMRC,
more like. Simple expedience. If you don't believe me, try paying more
or less VED than is demanded as a matter of principle and see whether
they are the least bit interested in the extent to which you `use the
roads'.

What are you talking about?

If you or I "try paying --- less VED than is demanded" (ie, £NIL), then
the extent - if any - to which we use roads with the relevant vehicle
will be a crucial issue.
Old March 31st 14, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Dave-Cyclists VORT writes:

Moronists pay £6 billion a year in Vehicle Emissions Duty yet over
£10 billion a year is spent by central government on the motorway
network alone.

Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they
can use the roads.

Specifically so they don't provoke an interesting discussion with HMRC,
more like. Simple expedience. If you don't believe me, try paying more
or less VED than is demanded as a matter of principle and see whether
they are the least bit interested in the extent to which you `use the
roads'.

What are you talking about?

If you or I "try paying --- less VED than is demanded" (ie, £NIL), then
the extent - if any - to which we use roads with the relevant vehicle
will be a crucial issue.

Maybe, maybe not.

Someone who doesn't pay VED can legally use the roads just as much as
someone who does pay VED.

In that respect, VED can be regarded as a voluntary contribution to
the exchequer.

Tour de France to come to Yorkshire? Simon Mason[_4_] UK 14 May 30th 11 12:18 PM
Yorkshire Tour Ride? langsett UK 2 August 23rd 06 08:56 AM
Yorkshire Tour Ride? langsett UK 0 August 22nd 06 08:59 AM
Tour of Yorkshire England, 2005. Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors. [email protected] Rides 1 June 22nd 05 11:00 AM
A cycletour of Yorkshire, Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors, 2005. [email protected] UK 1 June 13th 05 10:51 AM