What I'd like to see tomorrow

Old July 24th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default What I'd like to see tomorrow

to St. Etienne ...

Cancellara, Voigt, or O'Grady goes in a break, and CSC attacks
the other contenders on the 2nd category climb; the rider up
the road waits. If Sastre or Schleck gets separation, the guy up
the road can tow him to the finish, forcing Evans or Menchov
to chase hard on the day before the TT.

The 2nd cat climb is probably not hard enough to create the
separation and get rid of Evans and Menchov's last helpers,
but it would be nice to watch them try.

Ben
Old July 24th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bdbafh

On Jul 23, 9:50*pm, "
wrote:
to St. Etienne ...

Cancellara, Voigt, or O'Grady goes in a break, and CSC attacks
the other contenders on the 2nd category climb; the rider up
the road waits. *If Sastre or Schleck gets separation, the guy up
the road can tow him to the finish, forcing Evans or Menchov
to chase hard on the day before the TT.

The 2nd cat climb is probably not hard enough to create the
separation and get rid of Evans and Menchov's last helpers,
but it would be nice to watch them try.

Ben

I'd like to see less Geico commercials and more Bacardi mojito ads
run.

thanks.

-bdbafh
Old July 24th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

What I'd like to see on Sunday: Sastre 2nd on GC less than 30 seconds
behind yellow. And a huge side wind.
Old July 24th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Jul 24, 5:31*am, Ted van de Weteringe
wrote:
What I'd like to see on Sunday: Sastre 2nd on GC less than 30 seconds
behind yellow. And a huge side wind.

Yeah, a real final stage. When was the last real one? The Fignon &
Lemond duel?
Old July 24th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

wrote:
What I'd like to see on Sunday: Sastre 2nd on GC less than 30 seconds
behind yellow. And a huge side wind.

Dumbass -

That would be exciting.

In theory wouldn't Silence-Lotto be just as good as CSC in those
conditions? That's Belgian Racing 101.

The Schleck brothers are good in the mountains, but I can't see them
being much good in the crosswinds. Cancellara and Voight though . . .

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old July 25th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Krusty

wrote:
What I'd like to see on Sunday: Sastre 2nd on GC less than 30 seconds
behind yellow. And a huge side wind.

Yeah, a real final stage. When was the last real one? The Fignon &
Lemond duel?

I think so. It was the last time a TT was held on the final stage.
And IIRC, it was the last time the 21st stage wasn't just a parade
with a sprint finish.

BR Tomorrow?? Gags Australia 16 May 27th 07 01:58 PM
BR Tomorrow? blah Australia 22 March 26th 07 03:29 PM
Tomorrow Tim Mullin Racing 0 July 9th 05 03:56 PM
tomorrow - a day away 1oki General 1 April 9th 05 09:48 PM
I'll be at the pub tomorrow Not Responding UK 0 February 10th 05 08:20 PM