Katie Cop-Out

Old March 22nd 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default Katie Cop-Out

http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross/200...s093/awomen103

How come whenever an American wins the national championships they go
ape**** and paint everything under the sun with stars & stripes
livery? Haven't people learned anything from Lance when he said he was
permanently removing his stars & stripes trim from all his jerseys. Not
only that, but his world championships rainbow trim as well.

I mean, just look at that rig Compton is racing with....it's a joke.
You don't see the Pittsburgh Steelers players wearing a helmet with a
painting of the Superbowl trophy on their helmet throughout the season.

There's way too much ****ing gay-ass celebrating in cycling. It's like
everybody has to wear their resume on their jersey like some flaming
homo who walks into a bathhouse and wants to let everyone know he is HIV
negative.

Please contribute to this discussion. I am interested in your feedback.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old March 22nd 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

MagillaGorilla wrote:
How come whenever an American wins the national championships they go
ape**** and paint everything under the sun with stars & stripes
livery?

Tylenol's jersey for the ToC was very understated. (with regards to USA
flag waving anyway).
Old March 22nd 09, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Mar 22, 1:33*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Please contribute to this discussion. *I am interested in your feedback..

dumbass,

cycling people are for the most part totally unoriginal. US postal
attached the "presented by Berry Floor" part to their name one year,
and now every team does the same thing the team name takes up 1000
columns on my results speadsheet and ****s up all the formatting.

cipo started the matchy matchy schtick and the gimmick bikes and
outfits, but he was original. garmin does the argyle gimmick and every
hack blatantly copies it :

http://www.ontariocycling.org/web_pa...ng.php?id=1872

this is embarrassing, how hard is it to come up with your own ideas ?

Old March 22nd 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message

There's way too much ****ing gay-ass celebrating in cycling. It's like
everybody has to wear their resume on their jersey like some flaming
homo who walks into a bathhouse and wants to let everyone know he is HIV
negative.

Sort of the ****** thing? German meaning to shake, sway or rock!

You mean like this?
http://www.procyclingwomen.com/Temp-5/Suz.jpg

Yeah, I get a kick out of it some. Since she was back to back winner, can
she double the amount of colors on her sleaves? I don't mind joking a little
once in a while, it is the weekend but yes, there is this sense of wearing
stripes like rank in the military, or see how big and bad I am, now give me
some money? There is a lot of the camera presents thing in different forms,
so they can either get on a better team, maintain a good team, or impress
for various reasons of course. Cycling is a very stunningly visual sport,
look at me, and now give me some money! This would be less important if
there were more money in the sport, but riders will take every advantage to
get the attention of the press and recruiting agents. It's not fun riding
all year for chicken scratch. However this rider is world class.

Old March 22nd 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Mar 22, 1:33*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Please contribute to this discussion. *I am interested in your feedback.

dumbass,

cycling people are for the most part totally unoriginal. US postal
attached the "presented by Berry Floor" part to their name one year,
and now every team does the same thing the team name takes up 1000
columns on my results speadsheet and ****s up all the formatting.

cipo started the matchy matchy schtick and the gimmick bikes and
outfits, but he was original. garmin does the argyle gimmick and every
hack blatantly copies it :

http://www.ontariocycling.org/web_pa...ng.php?id=1872

this is embarrassing, how hard is it to come up with your own ideas ?

The entire sport is full of lemmings.

Magilla

Old March 23rd 09, 05:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

On Mar 22, 3:22*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Mar 22, 1:33*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Please contribute to this discussion. *I am interested in your feedback.

dumbass,

cycling people are for the most part totally unoriginal. US postal
attached the "presented by Berry Floor" part to their name one year,
and now every team does the same thing the team name takes up 1000
columns on my results speadsheet and ****s up all the formatting.

cipo started the matchy matchy schtick and the gimmick bikes and
outfits, but he was original. garmin does the argyle gimmick and every
hack blatantly copies it :

http://www.ontariocycling.org/web_pa...ng.php?id=1872

this is embarrassing, how hard is it to come up with your own ideas ?

The entire sport is full of lemmings.

Dumbass -

That is correct, but it's not just cycling.

Most of Western culture is very conformist.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 23rd 09, 05:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

Amit Ghosh wrote:
[...]

Dumbass.

More conformist than which other culture?

Bret
Old March 23rd 09, 09:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

Amit Ghosh wrote:
[...]

Nepal is a good example. 90 different languages, dozens of religions.

For people who feel like our culture is not very conformist, traveling
to places like that or attending a non-conformist event like Burning
Man are eye opening experiences.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 23rd 09, 11:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

Amit Ghosh wrote:
[...]

Why is that? Variation between villages?

Old March 23rd 09, 01:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:02:57 -0700, "GoneBeforeMyTime"
wrote:

Yeah, I get a kick out of it some. Since she was back to back winner, can
she double the amount of colors on her sleaves? I don't mind joking a little
once in a while, it is the weekend but yes, there is this sense of wearing
stripes like rank in the military, or see how big and bad I am, now give me
some money? There is a lot of the camera presents thing in different forms,
so they can either get on a better team, maintain a good team, or impress
for various reasons of course. Cycling is a very stunningly visual sport,
look at me, and now give me some money! This would be less important if
there were more money in the sport, but riders will take every advantage to
get the attention of the press and recruiting agents. It's not fun riding
all year for chicken scratch. However this rider is world class

What the hell, my Gitane Tour de France had the WC stripes on it and I
still don't know who ever won riding a Gitane of any kind (yeah, yeah,
not me, but the exploding plastic Criterium changers were cool).

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Katie Kills!!! Rex Crater Racing 0 November 18th 07 09:32 PM
Way to go Katie!!! Bill C Racing 4 November 13th 07 01:04 AM
Katie Dereham. Simon Mason UK 6 July 9th 07 07:11 PM
Katie! Katie! CO crossers in the news! Scott Racing 23 December 14th 05 02:42 AM
Katie! cfsmtb Australia 1 August 23rd 04 04:01 AM