Helmet quote from URCM

Old August 7th 10, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

Default Helmet quote from URCM

Quote from URCM posting by Simon Brooke:

"I had a fall on ice in February and concussed myself badly; next
winter
when the ice is about I shall wear a helmet. But I might get studded
tyres as well."

He obviously now believes that helmets help to protect cyclists from
serious head and brain injuries!

Derek C
Old August 7th 10, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_5_]

"Derek C" wrote in message
Quote from URCM posting by Simon Brooke:

"I had a fall on ice in February and concussed myself badly; next
winter
when the ice is about I shall wear a helmet. But I might get studded
tyres as well."

He obviously now believes that helmets help to protect cyclists from
serious head and brain injuries!

Surely not. Was that THE Simon Brooke? Has he had a bang on the head or
something?

Old August 7th 10, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 03:55:57 -0700 (PDT), Derek C
wrote:

Quote from URCM posting by Simon Brooke:

"I had a fall on ice in February and concussed myself badly; next
winter
when the ice is about I shall wear a helmet. But I might get studded
tyres as well."

He obviously now believes that helmets help to protect cyclists from
serious head and brain injuries!

You can see URCM from under your bridge, then?

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/
The usenet price promise: all opinions offered in newsgroups are guaranteed
Old August 7th 10, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

wrote:
Quote from URCM posting by Simon Brooke:

"I had a fall on ice in February and concussed myself badly; next
winter
when the ice is about I shall wear a helmet. But I might get studded
tyres as well."

He obviously now believes that helmets help to protect cyclists from
serious head and brain injuries!

You can see URCM from under your bridge, then?

Guy

Yes, because I am a signed up member of that news group, even if I do
get 'moderated' (i.e. censored) most of the time because of my pro-
helmet views.

Derek
Old August 7th 10, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 05:42:57 -0700 (PDT), Derek C
wrote:

You can see URCM from under your bridge, then?

Yes, because I am a signed up member of that news group, even if I do
get 'moderated' (i.e. censored) most of the time because of my pro-
helmet views.

Was that a competition to see how many fallacies you could get into a
single sentence? Well done if it was.

Guy
Old August 7th 10, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

wrote:
You can see URCM from under your bridge, then?

Yes, because I am a signed up member of that news group, even if I do
get 'moderated' (i.e. censored) most of the time because of my pro-
helmet views.

Was that a competition to see how many fallacies you could get into a
single sentence? Well done if it was.

Guy

What fallacies would those be then?

1) I am a member of URCM and I have had some postings accepted,
including starting a thread on cycle helmets. Check back if you don't
believe me.

2) I have had about 10 postings moderated (rejected) on dubious
grounds.

3) I do believe that cycle helmets can prevent or minimise head and
brain injuries in many typical cycling accidents.

So no 'fallacies' there!

Derek
Old August 7th 10, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

wrote:
You can see URCM from under your bridge, then?
Yes, because I am a signed up member of that news group, even if I do
get 'moderated' (i.e. censored) most of the time because of my pro-
helmet views.

Was that a competition to see how many fallacies you could get into a
single sentence? Well done if it was.

Guy

What fallacies would those be then?

The usual ones. Start with the concept of how you "sign up" as a
"member" of a usenet group and work from there.

Guy
Old August 7th 10, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

wrote:

Quote from URCM posting by Simon Brooke:

"I had a fall on ice in February and concussed myself badly; next
winter
when the ice is about I shall wear a helmet. But I might get studded
tyres as well."

He obviously now believes that helmets help to protect cyclists from
serious head and brain injuries!

Derek C

All he needs now is a hi-viz band or jacket.

--

"wearing helmets can sometimes increase the chance of a cyclist being
involved in an accident."

That august body The CTC

(They've already had a slap for lying by the ASA)
Old August 7th 10, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 12:57:50 +0100, "Mr. Benn" wrote:

"Derek C" wrote in message
Quote from URCM posting by Simon Brooke:

"I had a fall on ice in February and concussed myself badly; next
winter
when the ice is about I shall wear a helmet. But I might get studded
tyres as well."

He obviously now believes that helmets help to protect cyclists from
serious head and brain injuries!

Surely not. Was that THE Simon Brooke? Has he had a bang on the head or
something?

I understand that Porky Chapman has had a bad bang. He was not
wearing a helmet. He suffered concussion at least.

But get this - he cannot pluck up courage to ride his bike - or even
go out in the car yet. (Unless thing have changed recently)

Just think - if only he had been wearing a helmet.

--

"I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. I would challenge judith
to find the place where I said I encourage my children to wear helmets." Guy Chapman

Old August 7th 10, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

He could have said that you were not a ****wit for an extra point.

Another URCM rejection JMS UK 45 June 23rd 10 08:22 AM
URC v URD, UKT & URCM Squashme UK 41 January 4th 10 11:38 PM
URCM? Marc[_2_] UK 27 January 4th 10 06:43 PM
URCM Marc[_2_] UK 29 December 16th 09 08:39 PM
urcm It is using urc to do its own job Trevor A Panther UK 20 November 13th 09 06:49 PM