URC is Better than it Was

Old October 4th 10, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar[_2_]

Default URC is Better than it Was

Far from becoming "unusable" as some of the more militant cyclists/car-
haters have claimed, uk.rec.cycling has actually become a lot more
pleasant and useful since many of the militants left for
uk.rec.cycling.moderated. We now have a far better balance of opinions,
and we have lost the extremists whose philosophy is "don't you dare
argue with me or I'll killfile you and complain that you're trolling and
making the group unusable in order to cover up the fact that I can't
counter your arguments".

URC remains the only place where proper debate can be had about cycling
in the UK; on URCM, as we all know, opinions opposite to those held by
the moderators are routinely suppressed, meaning that there is no debate
as such, just the same old incorrect, prejudiced crap spouted again and
again, mixed in with uncontroversial (but also banal and boring) remarks
about this and that.

Perhaps URCM hasn't been such a bad thing after all; it's certainly
removed the problems that URC was having and made it a much nicer and
more interesting place to be.
Old October 4th 10, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
pk

"Nuxx Bar" wrote in message

opinions opposite to those held by
the moderators are routinely suppressed, meaning that there is no debate
as such, just the same old incorrect, prejudiced crap spouted again and
again, mixed in with uncontroversial (but also banal and boring) remarks
about this and that.

On several occasions I have posted counter views to URCM. On some
occasions they have simply disappeared into the void, on others I have
reposted an identical post and it has appeared.

I suspect a rogue moderator who simply blocks post/posters he disagrees
with, but does not inform the poster, and that my second attempt has been
approved by a different mod.

pk

Old October 4th 10, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_4_]

"Nuxx Bar" wrote in message

URC remains the only place where proper debate can be had about cycling
in the UK; on URCM, as we all know, opinions opposite to those held by
the moderators are routinely suppressed, meaning that there is no debate
as such, just the same old incorrect, prejudiced crap spouted again and
again, mixed in with uncontroversial (but also banal and boring) remarks
about this and that.

Perhaps URCM hasn't been such a bad thing after all; it's certainly
removed the problems that URC was having and made it a much nicer and
more interesting place to be.

I think there is a lot of truth in this.

Old October 4th 10, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 4 Oct, 08:38, Nuxx Bar wrote:

Perhaps URCM hasn't been such a bad thing after all; it's certainly
removed the problems that URC was having and made it a much nicer and
more interesting place to be.

I can't think on anyone off the top of my head who posts on urcm and
doesn't on here.
If anything, urcm is a much friendlier place without TMH and JMS and
their personal verbal abuses and Mr C's tedious postings from the
Hundustan Times and incidents from years ago.

--
Simon Mason
Old October 4th 10, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Nuxx Bar wrote:
Far from becoming "unusable" as some of the more militant cyclists/car-
haters have claimed, uk.rec.cycling has actually become a lot more
pleasant and useful since many of the militants left for
uk.rec.cycling.moderated.

UCR is now simply full of pro and anti cyclists/motorists
posting at each other, without listening, about politics.

When was a question concerning cycling (as opposed
to the politics of cycling) last discussed in URC?

BugBear
Old October 4th 10, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Tony Raven wrote:

I agree. I tend to be here just for amusement. Anything serious about
cycling I post on urcm these days although I spend much less time on
both than I used to.

Seconded in all regards.

BugBear
Old October 4th 10, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

bugbear wrote:
Nuxx Bar wrote:
Far from becoming "unusable" as some of the more militant
cyclists/car- haters have claimed, uk.rec.cycling has actually
become a lot more pleasant and useful since many of the militants
left for uk.rec.cycling.moderated.

UCR is now simply full of pro and anti cyclists/motorists
posting at each other, without listening, about politics.

When was a question concerning cycling (as opposed
to the politics of cycling) last discussed in URC?

BugBear

21/09 feet on pedals

Old October 4th 10, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Budstaff

"Nuxx Bar" wrote in message

URC remains the only place where proper debate can be had about cycling
in the UK;

If this is the case perhaps you could suggest a forum where similar 'proper'
debate can be had about car driving ?