Wheels and tires

Old March 29th 20, 05:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Wheels and tires

On 3/28/2020 5:38 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 22:13:13 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Indeed, from small business owners to generals in the field to
Presidents, one assembles hopefully competent advisors, takes their
counsel but at the end a decision must be made.

Something this President has been loath to do, because in his narcissism
he believes he knows better than everyone else.

You don't like him. Fine. We knew that because you state it
frequently enough.

But what exactly would you have him do? Stop inbound from
China very early? He did that.

At some point the suffering of the innocent must end and
businesses must reopen. At least one American will die of
the virus after that date and there will be no end of blame
on Mr Trump's head, no matter when Governors decide to
relent. Note that sovereign States have plenary police
powers here, which the President does not enjoy.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 29th 20, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default More covid-19, was Wheels and tires

On Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 1:54:47 AM UTC-7, Sepp Ruf wrote:
John B. wrote:
On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 21:39:44 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 7:03:18 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 9:58:50 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/27/2020 8:49 PM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 17:07:41 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich wrote:

Turns out that in Italy with 9,134 deaths they only indicate
that 600 of them are due to Covid-19 and the rest of them to
pre-existing health condition which were exacerbated by the
virus and the crummy Italian socialized medical system could
not deal with.

The US now has the supposed highest number of "confirmed
infections". However, they are only testing people over 65 with
certain severe pre-existing health problems so again, the
statistics miss 80% of the infected population. And yet this
still gives us only 1.4% mortality rates.

I finally found a reference to the seasonal flu. It has a 3.83%
mortality rate or 3 times that of Covid-19. Moreover the
seasonal flu kills babies 5 and under and expecting mothers and
mothers who have given birth less than 6 months previous to the
flu. Since there is NO immunity in the entire population to
Covid-19 this is an exceptionally low mortality rate when
compared to the seasonal flu. 80% of the population is
vaccinated yearly for the flu and most of the population have
at least some immunity to it from previous infections.

According to the moronic Great Frankini and his pinhead
supporters actual knowledge doesn't count for anything; fear
and loathing is everything.

Don't worry Frankini - the term, "Up your nose with a rubber
hose" will hold an entirely new meaning for you after this
raging murderous plague has passed.

As usual Tommy has missed the mark. His assertion that only 600
deaths in Italy are due to the virus is somewhat at odds with
what the Italian Government has announced - that (Last updated:
March 28, 2020, 01:23 GMT) there have been 9,134 deaths due to
the virus.

I leave it up to the individual whether he/she/it believes Tom,
or the Government of Italy.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries As for
mortality rate, it is too early to actually calculate but of the
435,949 Currently Infected Patients some 23,519 (5%) are
classified Serious or Critical. Of the 160,400 cases which had
an outcome some 133,057 (83%) were classified as Recovered /
Discharged and 27,343 (17%) died.

Again, I leave it up to the individual whether he/she/it believes
Tom, or a somewhat more authoritative source.

That's funny! Credibility of The Italian Government! Now there's a
low bar.

Yes, I can see why the Italian government might lie just to make Tom
look bad.

- Frank Krygowski

Or you can post lies repeatedly to make anyone else look bad. You're
sort of an equal opportunity jerk. Hey, we can't help it if you don't
have any friends.

"Age, however, doesn’t tell the whole story about who is at risk of
severe disease. In fact, it reveals the underlying vulnerabilities in
the wider population to an illness like Covid-19. Many of these factors
are concentrated among older adults, but younger people with certain
underlying health problems are also at risk. (Sixty percent of
Americans have at least one chronic condition; 40 percent have more
than one.) "

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/12/211737...lderly-seniors

It's coming to get you - even the Great Frankini.

I find it interesting that above you state that , "Turns out that in
Italy with 9,134 deaths they only indicate that 600 of them are due to
Covid-1" and now after I point out that this is a lie you now change your
tune and sing a wholly different song.

Back to facts:
Italy tests the dead, if positive for the Wuhan virus, a death is
automatically recorded as CAUSED by it. There is no second category 'tested
Wuhan positive, but other, or unknown, cause of death.'
Source: Agnello Borelli, Head of Civil Protection of Italy.

Wash your hands and bikes, shave your stupid beards, and wear your masks, NY
"Corona Courier" messengers!
https://datagraver.com/thumbs/1300x1...-mil2-2703.png

You grow tiresome https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/...s-death-chart/
Old March 29th 20, 05:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

Indeed, from small business owners to generals in the
field to
Presidents, one assembles hopefully competent advisors,
takes their
counsel but at the end a decision must be made.

Something this President has been loath to do, because in
his narcissism
he believes he knows better than everyone else.

According to Dr. Fauci.

"The president has listened to what I have said and what
the other
people on the task force have said. When I have made
recommendations he
has taken them," Fauci added. "The idea of just pitting
one against the
other is just not helpful."

Trump isn't a shining example of how to be president. But
in this case
he really does seem to be doing what competent advisers
suggest.

"In this case" since when? Certainly not since January!

Again:

“Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?”

Jan. 22 – “No. Not at all. And we have it totally
under control.”

Jan. 24 – “It will all work out well.”

Jan. 30 – “We have it very well under control. We have
very little problem in this country at the moment – five.
And those people are all recuperating successfully.”

Feb. 10 – “Looks like by April, you know, in theory,
when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

Feb. 19 – “I think the numbers are getting progressively
better as we go.”

Feb. 20 – “…within a couple of days, is going to be
down to close to zero.”

Feb. 22 – “We have it very much under control in this
country.”

Feb. 25 – “…the Democrats are politicizing the
coronavirus… They tried the impeachment hoax … and this
is their new hoax.”

Feb. 26 – “We’re going down, not up.”

Feb. 27 – “It’s going to disappear. One day like a
miracle – it will disappear.”

Feb. 29 – “Everything is really under control.” (The
vaccine will be available) “very rapidly.”

March 2 – “It’s very mild.”

March 4 – “…we’re talking about very small numbers
in the United States.”

March 6 – “I like this stuff. I really get it. People
are surprised I understand it. Every one of these doctors
said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have
a natural ability.’ Maybe I should have done that instead
of running for president.” Maybe.

March 6: “Anybody who wants a test can get a test.
That’s the bottom line.”

March 7: “I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a
great job with it.”

March 10 – “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will
go away.”

March 16 – (on his own performance) “I’d rate it a
ten.”

March 17 – “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was
called a pandemic.”

And since then? "I feel good about it. That's all it is.
Just a feeling. You know, I'm a smart guy." No matter what's
said by those who are, you know, actually educated.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...eling-n1166566

"Certainly not since January!"

In January, our President stopped inbound travel from China
before any other nation did so. Why didn't Congress act?
Because they were rabidly engaged with their failed witch hunt.

Omniscience is denied humans. Compare anything Commie Bill
DiBlasio said this week with his early March comments about
going to dinner in Chinatown and encouraging others to do
so. Even Yogi Berra knew that 'it's hard to make
predictions, especially about the future."

The police powers of Governors are much stronger than
anything the President can do. They acted much later,
rightly or wrongly, and not all in the same way. Which are
correct and which have erred? We'll know in a few years but
not this afternoon.

As I asked Mr McNamara, what would you have him do? Given
limited knowledge and the time scale, he did what most agree
was as much as could be done.

I'm sure this would all look much better if PLA could fudge
the numbers and quietly burn tens of thousands of bodies but
we just aren't there yet.
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/stacks-o...toll-1.1413166

http://asianews.it/news-en/Wuhan,-en...ers-49673.html

Old March 29th 20, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/28/2020 8:00 PM, John B. wrote:

Tim McNamara writes:

[...]

The Economic Policy Institute (which is a privately funded
'think-tank') estimates that some 14 million jobs could be lost by
summer 2020.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...sses-by-summer
By states:
California - Projected job loss:1,609,975
Washington - 317,721
Ohio - 505,380
Illinois - 551,061
and so on.

Those Governors will blame Mr Trump for any bad outcomes of
their own actions and claim all the credit for any real or
imagined 'lives saved'.

Which is no different from any other aspect of human life.

"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Old March 29th 20, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 8:04:13 AM UTC-7, Ralph Barone wrote:
Sepp Ruf wrote:
John B. wrote:
[...]

Hmmm... if I had to guess at factors correlated to a low rate of
infection, it would be:
1) Government decides to do something about it
2) People in country actually follow government orders

Strike 2, USA. “Life, liberty, and the pursuit of fast spreading viral
infections.”

What do you think that the government can do?
Old March 29th 20, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 3:38:30 PM UTC-7, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 22:13:13 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Indeed, from small business owners to generals in the field to
Presidents, one assembles hopefully competent advisors, takes their
counsel but at the end a decision must be made.

Something this President has been loath to do, because in his narcissism
he believes he knows better than everyone else.

Why have you no enlightened us all about what the government can do? Seems to me that people that know it all should be able to explain at least part of it.
Old March 29th 20, 05:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

I guess I don't see your inside information on what his

advisers told
him at those points.

Correlate the above statements with this information:
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...-cdc-timeline/

It requires some serious cognitive dissonance to believe
Trump was in sync with the CDC, etc. during all that time.
Even now, he blathers at the microphone, then those with
actual expertise step up to carefully and diplomatically
"rephrase," to give actual facts.

Let us know how Dr Fauci reacts when you ring him up and
tell him he's wrong to say( more than once), "To his
[Trumps] credit, even though we disagree on some things, he
listens. He goes his own way. He has his own style. But on
substantive issues, he does listen to what I say.

Old March 29th 20, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

As usual the communist in Frank always comes out. https://townhall.com/columnists/larr...risis-n2565105
Old March 29th 20, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Tim McNamara writes:

[...]

I understand that Trump is a gladhandling salesman, not a statesman, and
that he is anything but a deep thinker. He speaks like a game show
host, not an orator. If you claim that his response to the coronavirus
pandemic has been mediocre, I would not argue.

But he's not invariably, apodictically wrong; that's just not possible.
There was reasonable skepticism on the left and the right as this
situation developed, that it was really happening to *us*. Those that
criticized Trump for dragging his feet, as I recall, may have
outnumbered by those who said he was racist for banning travel from
China.

Maybe, just maybe, it is time to weigh policy alternatives rationally,
to scold Trump for mistakes and, heaven forfend, praise him for steps
taken aright, such as heeding the advice of Drs. Birx and Fauci.
Instead, I see advantage being taken of the pandemic as another chance
to indulge in Trump derangement syndrome, which is not helpful.

There are many things wrong with the US today, Trump is not the cause,
he's a symptom.

Old March 29th 20, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Tell everybody who possibly can to stay the **** at home.

FS: Wheels & Tires Oskar Marketplace 6 July 18th 06 05:19 PM
FS: tires, wheels, parts Oskar Marketplace 0 June 16th 06 01:32 PM
FS: 650c wheels and tires [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 27th 05 04:34 AM
substitute for 700 D GT tires or wheels? ResearchGeek General 7 February 28th 05 04:35 AM
cross wheels & tires Szymon Marketplace 0 November 13th 04 04:03 AM