Dauphiné- Hincapie, Horner, Landis, Leipheimer,Zabriskie

Old May 29th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Dauphiné- Hincapie, Horner, Landis, Leipheimer,Zabriskie

Which one of these Yanks will NOT be the designate team leader when he
participates at the Dauphiné Libéré?

Old May 29th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"trg" wrote in news:e5es1d$dpa$1
@s1.news.oleane.net:

Which one of these Yanks will NOT be the designate team leader when he
participates at the Dauphiné Libéré?

Horner and Zabriskie. Perhaps Landis.

Why?
Old May 29th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" a écrit dans le message de news:
"trg" wrote in news:e5es1d$dpa$1
@s1.news.oleane.net:

Which one of these Yanks will NOT be the designate team leader when he
participates at the Dauphiné Libéré?

Horner and Zabriskie. Perhaps Landis.

Why?

Because I was suprised to see that of these 5, Hincapie is the one who is
not designated team leader. I guess maybe you are too.

Old May 29th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Whoa! American cyclists are serving as the leader on four separate
teams? Who'd a thunk it?

It looks like the Dauphine Libere has lost much of its prestige, eh

Old May 29th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"trg" wrote in
:

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
"trg" wrote in news:e5es1d$dpa$1
@s1.news.oleane.net:

Which one of these Yanks will NOT be the designate team leader when
he participates at the Dauphiné Libéré?

Horner and Zabriskie. Perhaps Landis.

Why?

Because I was suprised to see that of these 5, Hincapie is the one who
is not designated team leader. I guess maybe you are too.

Somewhat, I thought Phonak would spare Landis a bit, while Davitamon, with
its lesser ambitions in stage races, might want to take what they can get
and set up Evans. CSC have many better riders I think, but perhaps
Zabriskie is in good form and/or has increased his capabilities. I think
I'd like to see Zabriskie win.

Leipheimer seems a logical choice; it's better if, say, he wins the
Dauphiné and finishes 6th in the tour than if he doesn't win the
Dauphiné...and finishes 6th in the tour.

Though Hincapie may not be the designated leader, he can still win.
Old May 29th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

[...]

That's true of anyone.

Landis may or may not be the leader since Phonak has listed their riders in
alphabetical order, which means Botero is actually wearing number 11. But
the other teams have the leader in the first jersey and the rest of the team
listed alphabetically-

1 Iban Mayo Diez (Spa)
11 Santiago Botero Echeverry (Col)*
21 Levi Leipheimer (Usa)
31 Yaroslav Popovych (Ukr)
41 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz)
51 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra)
61 Christophe Rinero (Fra)
71 Pietro Caucchioli (Ita)*
81 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa)
91 Christopher Horner (Usa)
101 Francisco Mancebo Perez (Spa)
111 Oscar Sevilla Ribera (Spa)
121 Denis Menchov (Rus)
131 Philippe Gilbert (Bel)*
141 David Zabriskie (Usa)
151 Filippo Pozzato (Ita)
161 Alessandro Ballan (Ita)*
171 Thomas Voeckler (Fra)
181 Mauro Da Dalto (Ita)*
191 Andrey Grivko (Ukr)
201 Juan-M.Mercado Martin (Spa)

*Team listed strictly alphabetically.

The prologue is 4k dead flat, just out and back. A good chance for a big guy
like Hincapie, Lang or Wiggins

Old May 29th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

in message , trg
') wrote:

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
"trg" wrote in news:e5es1d$dpa$1
@s1.news.oleane.net:

Which one of these Yanks will NOT be the designate team leader when
he participates at the Dauphiné Libéré?

Horner and Zabriskie. Perhaps Landis.

Why?

Because I was suprised to see that of these 5, Hincapie is the one who
is not designated team leader. I guess maybe you are too.

Most interesting. Who, then, will lead the Disco boys into le Tour?
Svoldelli? or the ghost of Headstrong?

;; Diplomacy, American: see Intelligence, Military
Old May 30th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

The name on this list I'm most interested in is Iban Mayo. Even if
he's using the Dauphine for training I think that he'd want to show
something big in at least one mountain stage. The Dauphine will show
us whether he's going to be a factor in the mountains in this year's
TdF...or if he was a flash in the pan (a la Berzin) who will never
regain the form he showed in 2003 and 2004.

Jim Burlant

Old May 30th 06, 11:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"trg" wrote in
:

[...]

Ofcourse not, many men start that race knowing they don't have a chance.

Landis may or may not be the leader since Phonak has listed their
riders in alphabetical order, which means Botero is actually wearing
number 11.

Depending on where they stand at the moment, if I were their DS I'd have
preferred Botero as a leader and let Landis use the race as preparation.

Old May 30th 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Why?

Because I was suprised to see that of these 5, Hincapie is the one who is
not designated team leader. I guess maybe you are too.

1. Numbers says little.
2. Being leader in a preparation course as the dauphine says little.

All in all this says NOTHING about who will lead a team in the TdF. So
why be surprised? these seem to be solid names *shrug*