FA: Sora 7spd Triple STI levers

Old March 14th 05, 07:03 PM
Richard Bates

Default FA: Sora 7spd Triple STI levers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7142146508

--
Microsoft Sam speaks his mind:
www.artybee.net/sam_speaks_his_mind.mp3
Old March 14th 05, 07:50 PM
MartinM

"Richard Bates" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7142146508

Not wishing to detract from your item (not compatible anyway) I've also got
some 8 spd Athenas for a fiver if anyone is interested. They seemed like a
good idea at the time. I can't be bothered with eBay

Old March 15th 05, 04:38 PM
Richard Bates

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:03:48 +0000, Richard Bates
wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7142146508

So, I wonder, how does the psychology work. Eight people watching the
auction ... how many belong to urc?

Old March 15th 05, 06:10 PM
Alan Braggins

wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7142146508

So, I wonder, how does the psychology work. Eight people watching the
auction ... how many belong to urc?

One's me. I sort of fancy STI levers, though I've never actually
tried them when cycling (just fiddled with stationary ones), but
I'm not sure whether it's worth it, and am inclined to think I'd
prefer the not-Sora style of levers if I did bother with them.
(But not-Sora means changing to more than 7-speed, or finding some
old RSX levers or something.)

So I plan to watch them until it's too late, and then wonder whether
I should have bid on them after all. Well, "plan" might be the wrong
word here, but that's what will probably happen. As an optional extra
I might forget how much they finally went for next time some come up.

(If the auction ends on a weekend when I only get near a computer if
my children aren't playing on it, I'm even less likely to do anything
about it.)
Old March 15th 05, 06:43 PM
Mark Thompson

One's me. I sort of fancy STI levers, .. but
I'm not sure whether it's worth it

They're lovely. I'd stick them with clipless pedals as something that
isn't necessary, but is very nice to have. People going fast probably get
more benefit than trundlies tho.
Old March 28th 05, 02:07 AM
anderson

Not wishing to detract from your item (not compatible anyway) I've also
got
some 8 spd Athenas for a fiver if anyone is interested. They seemed
like a
good idea at the time. I can't be bothered with eBay

I'll buy those 8 speed levers off you if you don't want them.

Email me at .

Michael.

--
anderson