Columbus Mayor to Receive Iron Girl Cyclist

Old May 25th 05, 05:30 PM
Cycle America

Default Columbus Mayor to Receive Iron Girl Cyclist

For Immediate release Lelia Cady
5/25/05 (614) 645-8509

Columbus Mayor to Receive Iron Girl Cyclist

Columbus Mayor, Michael Coleman, will be at Columbus City Hall at 11 AM,
Thursday, May 26 to receive NBG Scout, Concetta Curtis. Concetta is on
her way to San Francisco from Miami and her send off from Mayor Manny
Diaz there. Already blessed by nine other Mayors, Concetta, a broken
back survivor, is a part of the National Bicycle Greenway's (NBG) 4th
annual National Mayors' Ride which will visit 52 big cities this year.
In Columbus, she will also be greeted by internationally acclaimed
author and motivational public speaker Rosemarie Rosetti. A Columbus
resident, Rosemarie has inspired audiences all over the the nation
since a falling tree paralyzed her while biking on a trail in Granville,
OH seven years agp.

Columbus resident, and veteran NBG Scout, Fred Kirchner, will also be
on hand with his recently published book of bicycle poetry. He will
ride with Concetta to Cincinnati NBG Day. Adding encouragement to their
ride west will be Race Across America iron man Jeff Stephens, Columbus
city council person, Mary Ellen O'Shaugnessey, officials from Columbus
Greenways and cyclists from throughout the city.

Columbus has been chosen for the first wave of key anchor cities in the
NBG's plan to interconnect America's population centers with a network
of safe bikeable roads and paths. And to show why this is so, Columbus
will be flexing just some of the bicycle muscle it has to show. More
info: bikeroute.com

--
54% of New York City households do not own cars

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.bikeroute.com/AwakeAgain
Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, '79 & '86 TransAms********
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor*
Can You Change it with Love?*
N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y