When am I most likely to have a cycling accident?

Old June 19th 08, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bornfree

Default When am I most likely to have a cycling accident?

Actually I just had one. Fell off. Only a little fall, but enough to
chip the top of my tibia (bone in leg). That's the nature of young-
persons arthritis unfortunately.

I was the only person harmed. It was rush hour on the Strand, coming
up to Trafalgar Square. Very very tight for space (if you've ever been
down the Strand in rush hour you will know), and I was also feeling
frustrated at not finding the place I was looking for.

Cue - discuss rush hour traffic in Central London.
Old June 19th 08, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

On 19 Jun, 00:15, bornfree wrote:
I was the only person harmed. It was rush hour on the Strand, coming
up to Trafalgar Square. Very very tight for space (if you've ever been
down the Strand in rush hour you will know), and I was also feeling
frustrated at not finding the place I was looking for.

Cue - discuss rush hour traffic in Central London.

Ouch. Sympathy etc.

Yeah, I gave up commuting down the Strand because it is always so
crowded in rush hour that it is hard to make forward progress even on
a bike. I now cut down to the river and go along the embankment,
slightly further but much faster.

As for your first question, my experience is that I'm most lilkely to
fall off when messing around doing silly stuff off-road than when
simply cycling from A to B. No surprise there then.
Old June 19th 08, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:15:04 -0700 (PDT), bornfree
said in
:

I was the only person harmed. It was rush hour on the Strand, coming
up to Trafalgar Square. Very very tight for space (if you've ever been
down the Strand in rush hour you will know), and I was also feeling
frustrated at not finding the place I was looking for

I ride along the Strand in peak time most days

Cue - discuss rush hour traffic in Central London.

I think the term "rush hour" is ironic. I prefer "morning hate" and
"evening hate" although in London I find that this is much reduced
since the advent of the C-charge.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old June 19th 08, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Anderson

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, bornfree wrote:

Actually I just had one. Fell off. Only a little fall, but enough to
chip the top of my tibia (bone in leg). That's the nature of young-
persons arthritis unfortunately.

I was the only person harmed. It was rush hour on the Strand, coming
up to Trafalgar Square. Very very tight for space (if you've ever been
down the Strand in rush hour you will know), and I was also feeling
frustrated at not finding the place I was looking for.

Cue - discuss rush hour traffic in Central London.

I've been commuting from Commercial Road to Euston at lunchtimes for the
past few weeks. With a buggered transmission which means i accelerate like
a geriatric sloth. Not fun.

tom

--
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

cycling accident... GG UK 12 February 25th 06 08:14 PM
city cycling accident... GG Social Issues 2 February 23rd 06 10:00 PM
Cycling accident, not. Peter B UK 0 August 19th 05 08:09 PM
multiple pelvic fractures in cycling accident Alis Whitt Racing 0 November 20th 04 04:35 PM
Footballer cycling accident Squeaker UK 16 July 24th 04 10:16 AM