I'm 21! woohoo!

Old November 29th 04, 05:54 AM
Jon Bond

Default I'm 21! woohoo!

Had my first (legal) drink tonight. At Underbones, the local mountain biker
hangout - a lot of guys from Independent Fabrications drink there. None
there tonight, as its a Sunday, the place was almost empty. The bartender
asked me why the hell I was drinking there - but you have to respect
somewhere that has 21 microbrews on tap every night.

Anyway, that said, six packs of local brew can be sent to me at my house.

Jon "Legal" Bond

Old November 29th 04, 06:34 AM
Super Slinky

Jon Bond says...

Had my first (legal) drink tonight. At Underbones, the local mountain biker
hangout - a lot of guys from Independent Fabrications drink there. None
there tonight, as its a Sunday, the place was almost empty. The bartender
asked me why the hell I was drinking there - but you have to respect
somewhere that has 21 microbrews on tap every night.

Anyway, that said, six packs of local brew can be sent to me at my house.

Jon "Legal" Bond

By the time I hit 21, I was tired of drinking.
Old November 29th 04, 10:55 AM
Stephen Baker

Jon "Call me Legal" Bond says:

Anyway, that said, six packs of local brew can be sent to me at my house.

Watch out, New England - it's free!

;-)

Congrats, Jon.

Steve
Old November 29th 04, 12:03 PM
Treefrog

"Super Slinky" wrote in message
t...
Jon Bond says...

Had my first (legal) drink tonight. At Underbones, the local mountain

biker
hangout - a lot of guys from Independent Fabrications drink there. None
there tonight, as its a Sunday, the place was almost empty. The

bartender
asked me why the hell I was drinking there - but you have to respect
somewhere that has 21 microbrews on tap every night.

Anyway, that said, six packs of local brew can be sent to me at my

house.

Jon "Legal" Bond

By the time I hit 21, I was tired of drinking.

Likewise, over here in ****ty England we all start serious binge drinking at
about 14, if you're female and not pregnant by the age of 15, then there's
something seriously weird about you. If your IQ is roughly equal to half
your age, then you'll be lucky enough to fit in without being regarded as
"that **** uw finks 'ez clever".

Still, starting so young allows our tolerance level to build up, meaning by
the time we reach driving age at 17, we are capable of holding at least 4
pints whilst maintaining reasonable control of the car AND can manage about
8 pints before we start wife beating and random assaults.

Old November 29th 04, 12:38 PM
Michael Dart

Jon Bond wrote:
Had my first (legal) drink tonight. At Underbones, the local
mountain biker hangout - a lot of guys from Independent Fabrications
drink there. None there tonight, as its a Sunday, the place was
almost empty. The bartender asked me why the hell I was drinking
there - but you have to respect somewhere that has 21 microbrews on
tap every night.

Anyway, that said, six packs of local brew can be sent to me at my
house.

Jon "Legal" Bond

Happy Birthday Commander!

Mike

Old November 29th 04, 01:03 PM
Roger Buchanan

Jon Bond wrote:

Had my first (legal) drink tonight.

Congrats on your first legal hangover!!

I remember my first legal drink, I'd just turned 18 (Canadian, eh?) and
was off to October fest. By the end of the evening I was plastered and I
staggered back to my car thinking... "How am I gonna get home???"

Long story short, took the bus, got sick twice on the walk from the bus
stop, got home, fell into bed. With a raging headache. Took the first
bus in the morning to get me to my car, only to arrive as the parking
ticket was being attached to the windshield. Happy Birthday. I couldn't
help but smile, as I knew then that I could be completely plastered, and
still have the brains not to get into a car! In a weird kinda way I was
proud of myself...

What a birthday celebration that was!

Here's hoping that legal drinking never interferes with your reason and
sensibilities Jon!
--
- Rog

http://www.wpcusrgrp.org/~rogerbuchanan/index.html

NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.
Old November 29th 04, 01:56 PM
Zilla

Treefrog wrote:
[...]

Sounds like I need to move there and raise my family!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old November 29th 04, 02:11 PM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
By the time I hit 21, I was tired of drinking.

Somewhere in the late twenties, I decided I didn't have enough brain cells left
to spare and switched to non-alcoholic beer.
--
PeteCresswell
Old November 29th 04, 02:15 PM
supabonbon

"Jon Bond" wrote in message ...
Had my first (legal) drink tonight. At Underbones, the local mountain biker
hangout - a lot of guys from Independent Fabrications drink there. None
there tonight, as its a Sunday, the place was almost empty. The bartender
asked me why the hell I was drinking there - but you have to respect
somewhere that has 21 microbrews on tap every night.

Anyway, that said, six packs of local brew can be sent to me at my house.

Jon "Legal" Bond

Mazel tov! L'chaim!

/s
Old November 29th 04, 03:50 PM
MattB

Jon Bond wrote:
Had my first (legal) drink tonight. At Underbones, the local mountain biker
hangout - a lot of guys from Independent Fabrications drink there. None
there tonight, as its a Sunday, the place was almost empty. The bartender
asked me why the hell I was drinking there - but you have to respect
somewhere that has 21 microbrews on tap every night.

Anyway, that said, six packs of local brew can be sent to me at my house.

Jon "Legal" Bond

Happy birthday!
I only sort-of remember my 21st. I remember being at my brother's house,
hanging on to his road bike which was on hooks so I could stay upright.

Matt

Woohoo - cycle shopping tommorrow Lee UK 2 October 31st 03 06:23 PM
Woohoo!!! Cameron Mountain Biking 0 September 28th 03 12:30 PM
Woohoo! Record time commute! Lee UK 21 September 4th 03 12:40 AM
cyclecommuting Woohoo!!! Mike Kruger General 3 August 24th 03 06:40 PM