Anyone got any news on Millar's World winning TT bike?

Old November 5th 03, 01:57 AM
Don Pickett

Default Anyone got any news on Millar's World winning TT bike?

Supposedly the latest English carbon fiber wonder machine, but can't
find any other news.
Old November 5th 03, 02:27 AM
Tom Kunich

"Don Pickett" wrote in message
.. .
Supposedly the latest English carbon fiber wonder machine, but can't
find any other news.

I don't know about that but I just picked up an all-carbon Orbea and
it almost floated out of my hands. The complete bike had to weigh
under 16 lbs.

Old November 5th 03, 03:57 AM
Richard Adams

Don Pickett wrote:

Supposedly the latest English carbon fiber wonder machine, but can't
find any other news.

I think there was some stuff on it in Cycling Weekly. I gotta go dig it
out, but it's the issue that's been on stands for the past week, so it's
probably about ready to flip.

Old November 5th 03, 05:34 AM
Don Pickett

If it weren't for the UCI "rules" the pros would be riding complete 14
and 15 pound bikes. Cannondale had to add weight to Simoni's CAAD8 bike
to make weight.

Anywho, it's not Orbea. It's apparently UK-made.

Old November 5th 03, 06:28 AM
Jason Spaceman

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:57:52 GMT, Don Pickett
wrote:

Supposedly the latest English carbon fiber wonder machine, but can't
find any other news.

I have a picture of Millar riding it on my (still incomplete) web site
--- http://members.rogers.com/budgellb/images/millartt2.jpg

You can't see all of the bike in the pic though.

J. Spaceman

Old November 5th 03, 02:40 PM
Joey D'Antoni

wrote:

Supposedly the latest English carbon fiber wonder machine, but can't
find any other news.

It's the British national track team bike, converted for the road. See...

http://www.bike.com/template.asp?dat...ectionnumber=1

McClaren helped design it..
Old November 5th 03, 03:55 PM
Richard Adams

Don Pickett wrote:

Supposedly the latest English carbon fiber wonder machine, but can't
find any other news.

Oct 18, 2003 Cycling Weekly, Dave's Secret Weapon

Frame: Carbon-fibre monocoque with titanium dropouts
Fork: All carbon fibre (from pics looks custom and a bit unfinished)
Components: Campy Record Carbon with 180mm cranks (looks like 54/46 up
front, probably 11-21 rear)
Wheels: Campy custon disk painted black, HED tri-spoke carbon-fibre
frong, vittoria Open Corsa EVO-CX tyres.
Seatpost: Alpina carbon bladed post (Says WING TT on sides)
Front: HED Carbon-fibre custom made with aluminium aero bar extensions,
ITM stem, Cateye computer
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR-135
Weight: 8 Kg

Old November 5th 03, 04:04 PM
Richard Adams

wrote:

Supposedly the latest English carbon fiber wonder machine, but can't
find any other news.

AFAIK it's a development of the GB track bike launched for the Commie
Games last year

http://www.bcf.uk.com/news/2002/road...ott_hands.html

BTW Millar calls the bike"MLF" - My Little Friend - which is nice...

Frame looks the same, but different group, bars, saddle and wheels, so
effectively the frame, seatpost and fork are what Dave's Little Friend
consisted of.

So here's a guy who was born in Malta, raised in Scotland and Hong Kong
and now lives in Biarritz, France, and the British claim him as their
own, though he himself hasn't returned the affection for the mother
country in the past. I wonder if British Cycling bravely claiming him
as one of their own and helping him out in this fashion will be rewarded
in more ways than he getting the World TT Gold (which serves them and
him.) Will Dave appear to be more British and declare more affection
for the mother country now? What a strange relationship...

Old November 5th 03, 07:50 PM
Jan

So here's a guy who was born in Malta, raised in Scotland and Hong
Kong and now lives in Biarritz, France, and the British claim him as
their own, though he himself hasn't returned the affection for the
mother country in the past. I wonder if British Cycling bravely
claiming him as one of their own and helping him out in this fashion
will be rewarded in more ways than he getting the World TT Gold
(which serves them and him.) Will Dave appear to be more British and
declare more affection for the mother country now? What a strange
relationship...

You forgot to add......
The cycle was designed by a guy from Greece

Jan

---