Don't wear ID when you ride!

Old November 12th 03, 01:55 PM
Old Timer

Default Don't wear ID when you ride!

More than one time I've had run ins with motorists giving me trouble.
In at least one occasion, when I feared bodily harm, I told the guy
"if you're thinking about getting physical, you'd be better be willing
to kill me, because I know who you are, I've got your license plate
number, but you have NO idea who I am." Worked like a charm.

Old November 12th 03, 02:52 PM
B. Lafferty

"Robert McMillen" wrote in message
It's also convenient not to have ID when being hassled by the man.

That can lead to more trouble than it's worth.

Old November 12th 03, 04:13 PM
Tom Rodgers

Old Timer wrote:

More than one time I've had run ins with motorists giving me trouble.
In at least one occasion, when I feared bodily harm, I told the guy
"if you're thinking about getting physical, you'd be better be willing
to kill me, because I know who you are, I've got your license plate
number, but you have NO idea who I am." Worked like a charm.

Although we have experienced people honking horns, seeming to push is
toward the curb, I've never had a case of a motorist exiting their
vehicle to make a threat. This seems go against their code of driving
all-out and getting somewhere fast no matter what the cost.

When drivers taunt me from their vehicle window, I just ignore it. About
half the time it's somewhat negative, though rather silly. Other times
it's women making nice comments, just flirting.

I think the whole enclosed, automotive experience in America renders the
rest of the world into a fantasy movie, including nature, animals,
plants, countryside. I just feel sorry for people who are so tense and
unhappy in their lives that they must hassle those who are enjoying
themselves. There is a kind of jealousy that someone should be allowed
to have fun on the public roads instead of just slaving away to get to
work or acquire more material posessions.

The good news is that I ride swiftly, so negative human vibrations tend
to disappear behind me just like chug-holes and barking dogs, just a
ripple on the great sea of joy in riding.

Old November 12th 03, 05:16 PM
Donald Munro

Tom Rodgers wrote:
When drivers taunt me from their vehicle window, I just ignore it. About
half the time it's somewhat negative, though rather silly. Other times
it's women making nice comments, just flirting.

You ignore women who are flirting with you ?

Old November 12th 03, 06:35 PM
Peter Allen

"Robert McMillen" wrote in message
It's also convenient not to have ID when being hassled by the man.

"Old Timer" wrote in message
om...
More than one time I've had run ins with motorists giving me trouble.
In at least one occasion, when I feared bodily harm, I told the guy
"if you're thinking about getting physical, you'd be better be willing
to kill me, because I know who you are, I've got your license plate
number, but you have NO idea who I am." Worked like a charm.

So you're going to get dragged down the police station as a vagrant if you
ever try that, and the OP's inviting people to kill him? Brilliant.

Peter

Old November 13th 03, 01:00 AM
erik saunders

do you think that some cop is going to take you in to ID you?... no way...

they are going to ask you for your SSN or DLN, then ID you that way over the
dispatch... if you did something bad enough to get taken in for a positive ID
you would have been taken in anyway...

THIS IS THE BOOMING VOICE OF EXPERIENCE -ENCE -NCE -CE -E ... (that is the
echo)