articulated vehicle

Old May 4th 06, 10:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default articulated vehicle

Greetings,
Thanks to Stuart down in the southern suburbs somewhere, I've become
the owner of a long vehicle, bicycle and two wheeled trailer, acquired
this arvo.
Has a reflector on the back now but the main mounting still needs some
work. A suitable fake number-plate is being prepared that can be
attached to the rear end. It also has a flag, which is not a bad idea.
Tends to bounce around a lot when not loaded, will probably be better
with a heap of shopping on board.
No doubt I'll get abused by various cagers between here and the
supermarket, but I've freed myself from a major form of oil dependency.
Cheers,
Ray
Old May 4th 06, 12:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle

number plate...

BIKE IT
RIDE4LUV
LUVNIT
LIVE4IT
O4A0E
CYCD
BETRNURS

have fun with your plate, tell us what you put on it!

--
rooman

Old May 4th 06, 03:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle

ray Wrote:
Greetings,
Thanks to Stuart down in the southern suburbs somewhere, I've become
the owner of a long vehicle, bicycle and two wheeled trailer, acquired
this arvo.
Has a reflector on the back now but the main mounting still needs some
work. A suitable fake number-plate is being prepared that can be
attached to the rear end. It also has a flag, which is not a bad idea.
Tends to bounce around a lot when not loaded, will probably be better
with a heap of shopping on board.
No doubt I'll get abused by various cagers between here and the
supermarket, but I've freed myself from a major form of oil
dependency.
Cheers,
Ray

Welcome to the trailer club!

Actually, you may find yourself getting less abuse - That's been my
experience as the novelty factor seems to lessen hostility somewhat. I
love the bemused smiles at the supermarket as people watch me loading
an entire trolley worth of shopping into a two-seater kiddie trailer
and trundle off...

--
eddiec

Old May 5th 06, 03:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle

ray Wrote:
Greetings,
Thanks to Stuart down in the southern suburbs somewhere, I've become
the owner of a long vehicle, bicycle and two wheeled trailer, acquired
this arvo.

I've freed myself from a major form of oil dependency.
Cheers,
Ray

OK, all you investors out there, I have a great opportunity for you.
Everyone send me $10,000*and we can buy up all the bike trailers and
corner the market for when the petrol price really hurts and people
discover a need to get out of their cages and use pedal power for
shopping etc. We'll control the market and charge what we want.

You can trust me....

Steve(tongue in cheek)A

* if you can't send me $10,000, just send me enough to buy 1 bike
trailer because I really really want one.

--
SteveA

Wow! fuel-efficient vehicle which can carry 1 passenger flyingdutch Australia 18 April 28th 06 07:54 AM
I wonder? Tony Raven UK 1 April 17th 05 09:39 PM
ELECTRIC VEHICLE COMPANY, ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP TEAM UP FOR EMISSSION FREE TRANSPORTATION evnrgman Techniques 0 January 22nd 05 04:11 PM
Promoting recumbent cycling, via your vehicle? EZ Biker :-\) Recumbent Biking 1 January 29th 04 07:38 PM
Vehicle Miles per Year USA for Bicycles Bob Smith Social Issues 3 December 24th 03 06:59 PM