Motorists v. Bicyclists and Twitter

Old December 18th 09, 04:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
N8N

Default Motorists v. Bicyclists and Twitter

On Dec 18, 11:35*am, Doug wrote:
On 18 Dec, 12:39, Tony Dragon wrote:

Doug wrote:
On 17 Dec, 15:49, LionTeaser wrote:
On Dec 15, 11:28 pm, DC1999 wrote:

In Orange County, CA, 16 people have died in Auto v. Bicycle
accidents. *The Orange County Register has run two articles recently
about this carnage, and here are the Links (Copied from my Twitter
feed @dave30c):
It's Time to Stop Killing Bicyclists, from OC Register. *http://bit.ly/5eIwAD
Drivers, Bicyclists Share Tips on Road Safety, OC Register. *http://bit.ly/5eIwAD
I'd welcome your bicycle posts on Twitter about bicycle safety, rides,
products, etc. *The hash code appears to be #bicyclists.
Dave Clark
I've got this comment from your link...

beadyeye wrote:

Cyclists need to stop riding outside of the bike lane. I see this
constantly. two guys side by side talking, 3 feet into the part of the
road where cars drive by at 50 miles per hour. Or how about riding
your bike where there are no cars? Seriously, is it worth dying just
to ride on the same road where idiots are driving by talking on their
phones?

Maybe if enough die the government will finally do something about it
to make cycling on a public road much safer from idiot drivers, who
seem to be mollycoddled in law. Its better than cowering in some
pedestrian shared space like a bunch of fearful losers.

Maybe if enough die, some cyclists might start using the road in a less
idiotic fashion as well.

So you blame the vulnerable victims instead of their killers? Why do
you imagine so many cyclists abandon roads in favour of pavements and
other routes shared with pedestrians? Because enough cyclists are
dying already on our roads. It needs an increase in fatalities for
government to deign do something about it.

Please. Motorists and cyclists are all people, and people do stupid
things. The mere act of getting on a bicycle does not absolve one of
the responsibility to take due care for one's safety. I see plenty of
people riding in an irresponsible manner on a regular basis.

Blaming all motorist/cyclist interactions on motorists is naive, and
will only **** off motorists and not solve anything. Sure, *some* are
the fault of motorists, but on the flip side *some* are the fault of
cyclists.

nate
Old December 18th 09, 05:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Clueless

--
UK Radical Campaignswww.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you, chap. You sum up my feelings here.

But there's another way to make it happen: TAKE THE LANE LIKE A CAR
AND WAIT FOR CONFLICT. If there isn't any, all the better.

I'll do my share here and we coordinate and share notes in these
forums. Not unlike CM, but more civilized... better PR. Also do it any
day, alone or in company, not on special occasions. Take ONE lane and
let the cars move on other lanes.

Old December 19th 09, 09:16 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Keats

beadyeye wrote:

[...]

Despite your nym-shifting, you're still an anti-cycling idiot, with
an anti-cycling agendum, as you've just clearly demonstrated.

The (wannabe) emperor has no clothes!

If there isn't any, all the better.
I'll do my share here

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's easier to talk than to ride.

and we coordinate and share notes in these
forums. Not unlike CM, but more civilized... better PR. Also do it any
day, alone or in company, not on special occasions. Take ONE lane and
let the cars move on other lanes.

CM /is/ civilized.

You, OTOH, leave much to be desired.

You yack a lot.

You lack a lot.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old December 19th 09, 03:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Clueless

On Dec 19, 4:16*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:

beadyeye wrote:

[...]

* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's easier to talk than to ride.

and we coordinate and share notes in these
forums. Not unlike CM, but more civilized... better PR. Also do it any
day, alone or in company, not on special occasions. Take ONE lane and
let the cars move on other lanes.

CM /is/ civilized.

You, OTOH, leave much to be desired.

You yack a lot.

You lack a lot.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca- Hide quoted text -

I changed my name to fool people like you...

If the Christians really believed in the afterlife, they would go out
there and ride a bike, looking forward to get killed and go to
paradise. Far from it, they drive everywhere, often driving Selfish
Unnecessary Vehicles.

"If the Cristians believe in the afterlife, why they are not looking
forward to it?"

On Dec 19, 2:16 am, dillan wrote:
On Dec 19, 2:08 am, Clueless wrote:

(aka ComandanteBanana, meant to trick the SneakySnake and the Sheep
into believing I'm clueless)

Anyway, I don't many Christians willing to die and go to paradise.
They seem rather just like the rest of us, hanging to dear life,
though they are quite reckless about the future, and are not worried
about our species surviving. Of course, they think Jesus will come and
save them from the worst. But they don't really think or else they
wouln't be followers.

I'm not really sure who you mean by "them". All the christians I know
are quite worried about the environment, and do everything then can
(at least recycle). Even the Vatican suggested that it's a sin not to
care about the environment.

Them, the Sneaky Snake and the Sheep, want you to believe they care
about the environment while they deny that with their very actions.
The Christians on the average are worst polluters than the rest of the
world, not only becaue their religion allows anything, but because
they tend to live in the Western World.

Any guy in India does better by riding a bike and being vegetarian.
And the ones like me who want to ride a bike are intimidated to stay
in the cage. I walk by this SUV that has a big cross in front. I THINK
GOD AND THE DEVIL COME TOGETHER AT SOME POINT.

As for afterlife, as the name suggests, it comes after life. That
doesn't mean we care less about this life.

Yes, that's the excuse I heard the most out there while doing my
campaign... "Only God can change things!" And since there's no god we
are waiting in vain.

In other words that they totally confused about their identity as much
as they are about the afterlife. Chances they'll go extinct with the
rest of us and they don't even know why. In case you don't know, their
own limitless consumption is part of the problem that we face. So we
can face them and tell them to shape up and act on their convictions
that death is life or else try to improve this planet. No more sermons
for today.

You sort of sound like Glenn Beck. Blame "Them" for everything. The
abstract "them" who are the perfect enemy of everything that's good.
Oh and by the way "them" are liberals... err.. I mean.. christians...

Liberals? Didn't they put Bush in charge of war and big business? That
wasn't God but the Christians themselves.
Old December 19th 09, 03:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Clueless

beadyeye wrote:

[...]

nate- Hide quoted text -

They are all animals... but some are more animals than others. Who and
Why?

Easy, give overwhelming power to one monkey over another and give them
contested territory, and they'll tend to eat the weak.

But if they would all be riding bikes, the beasts would probably
behave quite normal. Or if you separte them or enforce the law the
beast would also behave.

I say, DO IT LIKE IN HOLLAND:

REVERSE THE HIERARCHY (pedestrians first, cyclists second... SUVs
last) and place the blame for any incident on the big one until proven
otherwise.
Old December 19th 09, 03:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Clueless wrote:

beadyeye wrote:
[...]

Sorry, didn't catch the nym-shift. I'll try to pay more attention next
time.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old December 20th 09, 01:06 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

beadyeye wrote:

[...]

Appropriate signature-'Clueless'.
Old December 20th 09, 03:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
LionTeaser

beadyeye wrote:

[...]

Appropriate signature-'Clueless'.- Hide quoted text -

Hey, I'm a humble guy.
Old December 20th 09, 04:14 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
LionTeaser

Default The bananas will be free ONLY if you RIDE A BIKE!

Look what this guy has to do about the Christians and Single Payer.
Funny thing is... HE'S A CHRISTIAN RUNNING FOR CONGRESS!

(THE FINE PRINT: The bananas will be free ONLY if you RIDE A BIKE!)

More observations of Christians opposing single-payer and other
healthcare reforms

I've observed many Christians opposing healthcare reforms, especially
single-payer. Many say "We have the world's best health care, why
tamper with that?" Actually, we are 37th from being the world's best.
Yes, we have the world's best care for the filthy rich.

I am a born-again Christian. You may even be surprised to find a
Christian who supports single-payer HR-676. All Christians are
Republicans; I guess I am and I'm not a Republican. I have voted for
Bush in 2000, but not 2004. In all honesty, I can not be a Christian,
knowing what I know, and stand up for our current barbaric type of
healthcare system. Furthermore, we don't even have a healthcare
system, we have a disease control system. We have a business system
that makes money off of sick people.

Many Christians say we can't have universal healthcare because we'll
have free abortions. In all honesty; I don't see how shunning
universal healthcare will prevent any abortions. I am also afraid that
the rate of illegal abortions that put the woman's life in danger will
skyrocket, because of people unable to afford insurance fearful they
can't afford the medical costs associated with regular pregnancies and
pregnancies with complications, or provide healthcare to the child.

http://kucinichvolunteers.ning.com/f...bservations-of

Old December 20th 09, 04:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

beadyeye wrote:

[...]

Just add 'Completely'.

Twitter Fanboys [email protected] Racing 1 April 1st 09 07:52 AM
Racers with Twitter accounts? Mike Jacoubowsky Racing 16 February 23rd 09 03:38 PM
Twitter uni - twuni b.King Unicycling 11 December 19th 08 02:01 PM
Bicyclists Conflict With Motorists in Los Angeles DC1999 General 17 July 29th 08 05:22 PM
Bicyclists are motorists? Since when? chrisrange Social Issues 2 August 6th 04 05:29 AM