Commuter food use continued....

Old September 28th 07, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Coyoteboy

Default Commuter food use continued....

I've started another thread as the other got so dispersed that I couldnt
keep track of what i'd and replied to, so this is a summary reply...

Some very interesting ideas there, and despite my negativity (I do still
do the ride, just found it expensive with the food!) I'm willing to give
some of the ideas a try in the coming weeks and see how i get on. I've
dug out an old pair of LED lights I had, they're only supplemental in
real darkness but for dimness they'll do fine - should mean the big
(heavy) lights last both ways for the periods of darkness.

I've noticed I love rice pudding with jam and can eat that in the
mornings without feeling ill - that should help a little I'm willing
to give porridge a shot, despite it having the general consistency and
appeal (lol) of sick . Maybe I'll get used to it - who knows!

Theres been a list of very handy food suggestions that provide good
calorific content with little or no real fat content, which look good
and if I buy a big batch in I can have a selection in my drawer and take
what takes my fancy.

I'll take my protein shake to work and use that to fill the 10am blues
until lunch. Lets see if all that helps!

Thanks for the tips everyone, I've printed out recipes and several of
these posts to keep me going for at least a month or so lol

Old September 28th 07, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...

Regular rice pudding is yummy but full of sugar and fat

Are these two related? :-)

cheers,
clive

Old September 28th 07, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

In article , Clive George
says...
"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...

Regular rice pudding is yummy but full of sugar and fat

Are these two related? :-)

Not necessarily - some sweet and/or fatty stuff isn't yummy. :-)
Old September 28th 07, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Coyoteboy
') wrote:

I've started another thread as the other got so dispersed that I couldnt
keep track of what i'd and replied to, so this is a summary reply...

Some very interesting ideas there, and despite my negativity (I do still
do the ride, just found it expensive with the food!) I'm willing to give
some of the ideas a try in the coming weeks and see how i get on. I've
dug out an old pair of LED lights I had, they're only supplemental in
real darkness but for dimness they'll do fine - should mean the big
(heavy) lights last both ways for the periods of darkness.

I've noticed I love rice pudding with jam and can eat that in the
mornings without feeling ill - that should help a little I'm willing
to give porridge a shot, despite it having the general consistency and
appeal (lol) of sick . Maybe I'll get used to it - who knows!

Salt.

The English always eat it with much too little salt, and then wonder why it
tastes disgusting.

;; So, before proceeding with definitive screwing, choose the
;; position most congenital.
-- instructions for fitting bicycle handlebars

Old September 28th 07, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roos Eisma

Coyoteboy writes:

I'll take my protein shake to work and use that to fill the 10am blues
until lunch. Lets see if all that helps!

And don't feel you have to stick to recognised eating times.
I sometimes work better with a light lunch at 11 am and another at 2 pm,
rather than midmorning and midafternoon snacks trying to fill the gaps
until lunch/dinner.

Roos
Old September 29th 07, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark McNeill

Response to Simon Brooke:
I'm willing
to give porridge a shot, despite it having the general consistency and
appeal (lol) of sick . Maybe I'll get used to it - who knows!

Salt.

The English always eat it with much too little salt, and then wonder why it
tastes disgusting.

So porridge requires a lot of salt to stop it from tasting disgusting?
Don't stop, you're winning them over!

--
Mark, UK
"'Michael Gilhaney,' said the Sergeant, 'is an example of a man that is

Commuter food use Coyoteboy UK 95 October 21st 07 01:43 AM
Landis, continued Sandy Racing 48 May 18th 07 02:16 PM
Chain cleaning continued [email protected] Techniques 6 March 1st 07 07:51 PM
broken spoke - continued jim beam Techniques 1 January 9th 07 05:22 AM
Food, glorious food James Hodson UK 15 August 26th 03 07:23 PM