Cyclists ride straight into stealth ambulance while racing down ahill

Old May 15th 17, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Cyclists ride straight into stealth ambulance while racing down a hill

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:45:59 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
On 15/05/2017 20:42, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/05/17 20:08, JNugent wrote:
On 15/05/2017 19:55, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/05/17 08:47, MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/cy...ail/story.html

Was anybody other than the rider hurt?

The taxpayer?

Not for damage to the ambulance.

Ah yes, a damaged, unusable ambulance will not have to be paid for in
any way at all.

There will be no costs (waves hand in manner of Jedi master)

Why was the Ambulance parked in such a stupid place?

Many years ago my Sister took Dad's car to a motorcycle race and parked by the side of the track.
One of the riders lost control at the start line and wrote off the car.
The organisers denied liability.

Old May 15th 17, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:50:15 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/05/2017 20:20, wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:08:11 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/05/2017 19:37,
wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 7:09:13 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/05/2017 18:08,
wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 5:30:50 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 15/05/2017 08:47, MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/cy...ail/story.html

If only there were some iPhone footage of that.

"And there were also some friends of the riders there - of the man who went
through the ambulance window. They were incensed".

I do not understand why they were "incensed". I did not think that cyclists
had friends anyway.

"The ambulance was really badly damaged".

Fridge freezer insurance will pay for the damage. I wonder if the cyclists
will be prosecuted?

I suppose you think IOM TT riders should be prosecuted for speeding.

Is that held in Lincolnshire too?

Do speed limits only apply to Lincolnshire?

British speed limits or somewhere else's speed limits?

You are the one who thinks the Isle of Man is in Lincolnshire.

Au contraire, it is you who thinks that.

Else you could not have asked whether laws which apply in Lincolnshire
must apply in the Isle of Man.

So you agree, thanks for your support.
Old May 15th 17, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:32:16 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 15/05/2017 08:47, MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/cy...ail/story.html

If only there were some iPhone footage of that.

"And there were also some friends of the riders there - of the
man who went through the ambulance window. They were incensed".

I do not understand why they were "incensed". I did not think
that cyclists had friends anyway.

"The ambulance was really badly damaged".

Fridge freezer insurance will pay for the damage. I wonder if the
cyclists will be prosecuted?

I suppose you think IOM TT riders should be prosecuted for
speeding.

There are many differences between motorbike riders and pikey pedal
bike riders.
If you don't know and ask nicely I'll help you out.

Please help me out.

You took my bait, I won't take yours.

Nothing to do with bait.
Just provide the peer reviewed data you claim to have.

Oh look at this collection of bell ends.............. Update ...
http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/bi...ail/story.html

"A cyclist fell off and skidded on to the pavement and bruised a lady's leg"
The ****** hit a pedestrian.
"Safety is absolutely paramount to us."

PMSL

"An ambulance was scrambled to the scene of the crash, which also saw
another cyclist injured".

Doubtless the fridge freezer insurance held by the cyclists will pay for the
ambulance?

We all know that poverty cyclists and you live in council estate one
bedroomed flats with their stinking cats.

Old May 15th 17, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/05/2017 20:54, wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:45:59 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
On 15/05/2017 20:42, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/05/17 20:08, JNugent wrote:
On 15/05/2017 19:55, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/05/17 08:47, MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/cy...ail/story.html

Was anybody other than the rider hurt?

The taxpayer?

Not for damage to the ambulance.

Ah yes, a damaged, unusable ambulance will not have to be paid for in
any way at all.

There will be no costs (waves hand in manner of Jedi master)

Why was the Ambulance parked in such a stupid place?

Near the route of the race in order to be able to treat the cyclists or
any of their casual victims in the crowd?

That doesn't sound like a stupid place to station an ambulance.

Mind you, thoe big white St John's Ambulances ARE really difficult to
see in broad daylight, aren't they?

Many years ago my Sister took Dad's car to a motorcycle race and parked by the side of the track.
One of the riders lost control at the start line and wrote off the car.
The organisers denied liability.

Would anyone be surprised if the organisers followed suit in this recent
incident?

---
http://www.avg.com

Old May 15th 17, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

JNugent wrote:
[...]

Your post is surreal.

Do you understand that Lincolnshire is in England, a constituent part of
the United Kingdom and subject to the law of England, whilst the Isle of
Man is not in England, is not a constituent part of the United Kingdom
and is not subject to that law (because it has its own Parliament)?

---
http://www.avg.com

Old May 15th 17, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:
JNugent wrote:
[...]

You said
"There are many differences between motorbike riders and pikey pedal bike riders.
If you don't know and ask nicely I'll help you out."

Stop wriggling and provide your evidence.

Old May 15th 17, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

JNugent wrote:
[...]

Do you understand that when a public road is closed for a sporting event traffic laws do dot apply?

Old May 15th 17, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 9:04:26 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/05/2017 20:54, wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:45:59 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
On 15/05/2017 20:42, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/05/17 20:08, JNugent wrote:
On 15/05/2017 19:55, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/05/17 08:47, MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/cy...ail/story.html

Was anybody other than the rider hurt?

The taxpayer?

Not for damage to the ambulance.

Ah yes, a damaged, unusable ambulance will not have to be paid for in
any way at all.

There will be no costs (waves hand in manner of Jedi master)

Why was the Ambulance parked in such a stupid place?

Near the route of the race in order to be able to treat the cyclists or
any of their casual victims in the crowd?

That doesn't sound like a stupid place to station an ambulance.

I Have noticed this on F1 races, ambulances are placed where the racers are most likely to crash into them.

Mind you, thoe big white St John's Ambulances ARE really difficult to
see in broad daylight, aren't they?

Many years ago my Sister took Dad's car to a motorcycle race and parked by the side of the track.
One of the riders lost control at the start line and wrote off the car.
The organisers denied liability.

Would anyone be surprised if the organisers followed suit in this recent
incident?

Once again I thank you for your support.
Old May 15th 17, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

JNugent wrote:
[...]

Regrettably, that is true (to an extent).

But competitors are still expected to have use of their eyes and to be
able to exercise common sense and judgment.

Well, unless it's a cycle race.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old May 15th 17, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

JNugent wrote:
[...]

I suppose that is why F1 spectators only have temporary aluminium barriers between themselves and the action.

Racing cyclists clash with..... more racing cyclists Mrcheerful UK 1 May 22nd 14 03:44 PM
Ride without a helmet? Go straight to HELL! bar Racing 8 October 7th 09 10:44 PM
London police tell motorists to drive straight at cyclists. Doug[_3_] UK 46 October 2nd 08 03:15 PM
Ambulance Chasers? Keith Parish UK 8 July 18th 05 10:38 PM
Ambulance Chasers? Clive George UK 0 July 18th 05 03:51 PM