Cartridge bottom brackets

Old April 13th 17, 03:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Cartridge bottom brackets

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 6:33:01 PM UTC-7, John B Slocomb wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 06:58:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 5:56:29 PM UTC-7, John B Slocomb wrote:

Your message header reads:
"From:
" Which seems logical :-)

Well, I can't figure our how to get it to display my name. It shows my name on my google account and for all the rest of you all I see is your names.

I believe that it is whatever application you are using to post
messages, or how you have configured it. I looked at Andrew's, Frank's
and Sir's posts and they all include a "From: " line in the message
header as in "From: AMuzi " while your posts read
"From:
"

I'm using Chrome and my account lists my name plainly. I look at the set-up and there's nothing in there that could affect the display from your end. It only allows me to set larger typeface and the like. The only possible thing says "Your email address is currently not flagged as bouncing."
Old April 14th 17, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B Slocomb

wrote:

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 5:56:29 PM UTC-7, John B Slocomb wrote:

Your message header reads:
"From:
" Which seems logical :-)

Well, I can't figure our how to get it to display my name. It shows my name on my google account and for all the rest of you all I see is your names.

I believe that it is whatever application you are using to post
messages, or how you have configured it. I looked at Andrew's, Frank's
and Sir's posts and they all include a "From: " line in the message
header as in "From: AMuzi " while your posts read
"From:
"

I'm using Chrome and my account lists my name plainly. I look at the set-up and there's nothing in there that could affect the display from your end. It only allows me to set larger typeface and the like. The only possible thing says "Your email address is currently not flagged as bouncing."

I don't know as I have always used a dedicated news reader for Usenet
but we might ask Andrew and Frank what they use as their posts include
their name in the From: line in the headers.
Old April 17th 17, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 12/04/17 02:37, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:25:07 AM UTC-4,
wrote: Snipped

Calm down Barry. No one here gives more than a nodding belief in
anything someone describing himself as "ridesalot".

What sort of person do you suppose would try to remain anonymous on
a site like this? He's probably 250 lbs, 5'5" and his idea of
"alot" is 15 miles a month.

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the alughs! you missed on the weight, the
height and the miles. I use "ridesalot because I put on over a
hundred kilometers EVERY WEEK and I ride off road as well as trails
through forested areas. that's not to mention the tours I go one.

"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS
Old April 17th 17, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:57:08 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
Snipped
"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS

James likes to post bull**** comments. PLON!

Cheerio

Old April 17th 17, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 18/04/17 08:09, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:57:08 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
Snipped
"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS

James likes to post bull**** comments. PLON!

Cheerio

FWIW I was not bull ****ting. 100km per week might be "a lot" for some
people, but in my sphere of riding friends, it is likely a single ride
is 100km or possibly considerably more.

I used to ride about 500km per week, and I know guys doing 700-800km weeks.

Cheerio Sir Anonymous Rides A Bit.

Old April 17th 17, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

James wrote:
On 18/04/17 08:09, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:57:08 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
Snipped
"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS

James likes to post bull**** comments. PLON!

Cheerio

FWIW I was not bull ****ting. 100km per week might be "a lot" for some
people, but in my sphere of riding friends, it is likely a single ride
is 100km or possibly considerably more.

I used to ride about 500km per week, and I know guys doing 700-800km weeks.

Cheerio Sir Anonymous Rides A Bit.

In Canadian winter, at least Ontario and Québec, 100km per week would be
significant. I might do 4 or 500 a week in the summer but I ski in the
winter here. My winter cycling consists of spinning or my trainer in the
basement.

--
duane
Old April 18th 17, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B Slocomb

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 15:09:03 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:57:08 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
Snipped
"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS

James likes to post bull**** comments. PLON!

Cheerio

I wish you guys wouldn't snip so much out of the messages you reply
to. From the above "SirRidesABit more like".... More like what?

:-)
Old April 18th 17, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B Slocomb

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 08:26:53 +1000, James
wrote:

On 18/04/17 08:09, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:57:08 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
Snipped
"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS

James likes to post bull**** comments. PLON!

Cheerio

DILLIGAF?

Dilligaf? Is that an Aussie word like "tinnie" or "roo" :-?
Old April 18th 17, 09:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Acronym for "do I look like I give a ****".

--
JS