London cyclist crushed by truck: 'I took what I thought was my lastbreath'

Old April 28th 18, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default London cyclist crushed by truck: 'I took what I thought was my lastbreath'

A woman who was run over by a 32-tonne lorry in London as she cycled to
work said she felt lucky to be alive.

Sarah Heanaghan, 29, was dragged under the tipper truck’s wheels as it
pulled away from traffic lights in Whitechapel High Street in January.

She suffered severe spinal and leg injuries and still needs a
wheelchair. Her lawyer has now helped secure an undisclosed sum from the
lorry firm’s insurers to pay for rehabilitation.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/l...-a3721801.html
--
Bod
Old April 29th 18, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 28/04/18 23:37, Bod wrote:
A woman who was run over by aÂ* 32-tonne lorry in London as she cycled to
work said she felt lucky to be alive.

Sarah Heanaghan, 29, was dragged under the tipper truck’s wheels as it
pulled away from traffic lights in Whitechapel High Street in January.

She suffered severe spinal and leg injuries and still needs a
wheelchair. Her lawyer has now helped secure an undisclosed sum from the
lorry firm’s insurers to pay for rehabilitation.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/l...-a3721801.html

[quote}
"She said: “I started off once the lights turned green. I was about 2m
in front of him when he hit me, knocked me down and pulled me under. My
hair was pulled back and he went on to my leg. ""
[/quote}

How can the truck hit her if she were 2m in front of the truck?